Under these conditions

tattyboo

I have found the diet quite easy to get into (may not last though) but i think that because i live alone and don't have to have food around me at home makes all the difference.

Can i ask if anyone who lives with friends or family have found it more difficult? I imagine those people who don't live alone have temptation around them all the time so a big shout of support!!

x

Hi!

Yea... for me, certainly at the begining it was really hard preparing my daughters meals. It was much harder.. the smells filling the house.

But it still got into the diet quickly cos i was really determined!

I personally think it would be harder if I were lving alone, so props to you for getting into the diet. When I started with my current employer I was living away from my family during the week. It was so easy to resort to the kebab shop at the end of the road for tea rather than cook something. And boredom being in by myself meant outrageous snacking and beer drinking...

I live alone during the week as my husband works away and comes home at weekends.

I find it much easier when he's not here to be honest. Having him snacking and cooking dinners is not nice - I tend to have a bath when he's eating his dinner.

jim you scoundrel!!!

i seriously don't think i could do this diet with temptation around me, if there is nothing in the fridge then I can't eat anything lol

haven't had any cravings or anything - i thought i'd be waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats dreaming of a caramel square :D

I was nearly reduced to tears last night over some garlic bread. Some days its a breeze and preparing and cooking food is not a problem - I actually enjoy it, and besides that, i wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't cook dinner for my b/f... the evenings are long enough as it is...

but last night - ohmygod. I was in a baaaad mood, and I so wanted to eat that garlic bread. Actually, that garlic bread put me in that baaaad mood.

But i didn't... and of course I feel better for it and i would never have said I'd have the willpower not to eat it.

On any other diet i would have eaten it... on CD, there's no way!!! Woohoo!!

WI in about an hour... that's maybe why my resolve was so strong!!

Lynne
x

Well done for resisting the garlic bread, not sure i could have resisted, might just have licked some of the butter off! lol
Good luck with your weigh in, u deserve a good one for that!
x

It was tough as hell in the beginning cooking for Dh and kids.... and even worse when he would spend nights munching his way through multipack crisps, chinese food, pizza and loads of chocolate! Very insensitive.

Then he went on CD........ gave up after 10 days as he didnt like the restriction of not eating - but has been heaps better at nights now. He eventually decided to join WW. Im still cooking them meals, but he isnt doing the night time boredom routine of eating garbage.

I think if i was on my own i would cheat too mcuh, noone would be there to look over my shoulder.

anni
xxxxx

lol I was holding the plate and sniffing (i know!) and he went to take the plate off me, saying something like, come on now, you know you can't eat it... and i wouldn't let go off the plate. I eventually did. Then, i kinda collapsed on the sofa, all dramatic and really quite huffy and pretended to cry in to a cushion. While he carried on eating his tea.

Honestly!!

jim you scoundrel!!!

i seriously don't think i could do this diet with temptation around me, if there is nothing in the fridge then I can't eat anything lol

:D

I think it was down to the fact that there was no-one there to stop me, or talk me out of it, so if I couldn't be arsed to cook what was in the fridge then it was 'easy' to wander down to the kebab shop. Or worse, phone for a takeaway and then snack on crisps and beer while I waited for it to arrive!

At home with the family, I don't get that urge. Yes, there are nice kiddies treats in the fridge all the time but having Mrs L around to police me has meant I've not snacked.

Plus also I've had a bit of an epiphany as far as food is concerned I think. I mean, there is a pizza freshly cooked for the kids sat on the bench cooling a bit before I cut it up. It smells nice, the cheese looks gooey and yummy, but I just don't fancy it.

lol I was holding the plate and sniffing (i know!) and he went to take the plate off me, saying something like, come on now, you know you can't eat it... and i wouldn't let go off the plate. I eventually did. Then, i kinda collapsed on the sofa, all dramatic and really quite huffy and pretended to cry in to a cushion. While he carried on eating his tea.

Honestly!!

LOL Lynne! That's hysterical!

I live with my son, and its quite hard to prepare someone elses food (especially knowing they could possibly leave half of it!) so for the first week for his evening meal he was eating alot of stuff i didnt like! but i couldnt hide from the sandwich, fruit and crisps at lunch, that was hard!

Wen he goes to his dads its much much easier! i dont have anything in the fridge (as everythings normally been eaten by then) so therfor no temptation!

you've done really well this week Tattyboo, dont think youve moaned once about no food! well done! :)

x

well there is no point in moaning about it - no one is making me do it after all - but i wanna do it all the same :)

how are you dizzy? keeping well?

Back