Unexpected gain :(

Madison

Hi,
I finished my 3rd week of cruise yesterday only to find that I'd put 1 pound on. Really don't know why and am a little disheartened :(

I lost 5 in attack, 3 in first week of cruise and then 2 in second week of it which I'm thrilled about. Was really hoping for a 2 lb loss this week to get me in the 11's.
Shock horror hopped on the scales yesterday morning only to find I was 12st 1!!

The only thing I did differently last week was have more extra lean mince. It says on the pack 95% lean and drained off the tiny bit of fat after dry frying it. I've been doing the same thing otherwise, same amount of fluids every day, same exercise, not totm and weighed self after a pp day.
Anyone any ideas please, do you think it could be too much of the lean mince causing the gain? Many thanks in advance for any advice :)

It's hard to tell without seeing your regular menus what could be causing your stall...first thoughts would be

how is your transit, constipation could cause the appearence of a gain

are you drinking enough water, if you're not it could cause fluid retention

as could...too much sodium/salt in the diet, again not knowing what you're eating, can't comment specifically but pre-packed food/meat is the main culprit

also, what part of your cycle are you in, I stall/gain at different times during the month, it helps to keep a diary on here and log your weigh ins, then you get an idea of how cyclical hormone changes affect your body

tolerateds, these are the list of additional foods we can add to the dukan rations IF and only IF we're not stalling - post up your menus and we can see where you might be over doing it

protein: are you actually eating enough - pushing the body into starvation mode can cause it to hang on to every calorie for dear life.... little and often even if you don't have much of an appetite...

are you doing your walking? any extra exercise...this could cause muscle gain - which would give the impression of weight gain

last but by no means least DAIRY for some of us on the dukan board we can't get away with the 1kg limit on dairy, it causes big stalls, so if you are stalling and not using tolerateds, crabsticks, drinking enough etc.... then cut back on your dairy :)

hope this helps x

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. I'm thinking to myself that maybe it's dairy and too much of it. I'm having near enough the max amount on a daily basis. Shall try cutting it back this week and see what happens. I'm doing everything else that you listed according to the book and no other issues (basement or totm) so maybe dairy's the culprit. Thanks again.

Give it another few days and I bet ya it will be off. Has happened/just happened again to me. it always comes back off.

Back