Extra Easy Unexplained gain!

law3a3m

Gold Member
So I'm due to weigh in officially for my second weigh in having lost 6.5lbs in my first week.
A quick home scale hop shows a 1.5lb GAIN! I've hand on heart been 100%, under my weekly syns, 1/3 superfree every meal, weighing healthy extras etc....I am fuming!
How embarrassing to go in week 2 and gain?! If id had a crazy night out or a binge if take it on the chin but I honestly haven't. And I know I'll be even madder if I hear one person say 'I ate all this rubbish and still had a loss!"

Feeling disheartened and really sad :-(

Amy, step away from the scales! Why are you paying to attend group and then using your own :doh:

Seriously, I know what you mean about others claiming they've eaten everything under the sun and still showed a loss but you have to ignore comments like that - totally annoying and possibly totally untrue.

Wait until you see what your official weigh-in comes in at and if you do have a gain, chill. You're body has to settle into the plan - don't get disheartened just keep to plan and I'm sure you'll be on the downward slide again next time.

I agree, there could be many reasons for a gain (if you do have one) it's not always just down to what we eat. Stay focused, it will work.

Half on. Not as bad but I still feel a bit (ok a lot!) gutted!
Had a massive rant on my diary so won't blab on again on here.
Thanks ladies for your replies, means a lot to know people are listening xx

You had a huge initial loss. Sometimes your body resists following either a large loss or a few weeks of sustained loss. I know mine does. It's had years of getting x amount of calories and it's taking a long time to get used to letting it all go. Its basic survival instinct that we retain from the days of hunter gathering. We would eat as much as possible when we could and our body would make it last. Stick with it, its a shock to the system. It will continue to come off. I had three weeks with a 4,2 and 3 lb loss and then a 2lb gain from nowhere. Then I lost 4lb the following week.

Hi

I have only just re joined and just had my 2nd weigh in but I remember when I was a member 1st time around how my weight always seemed to be a week behind

Some weeks I would be 100% and not lose a thing but then it seemed to come the following weigh in when I maybe had had a couple of off days

It all seems very personal to you and your body (my 1st weigh in was 1.5lb off however my week 2 today was 5.5lb off ... again, I appear to be 1 week behind!)

I would try and resist weighing yourself at home - it can be disheartening but weight fltuates over the course of a day / week and you may be de motivating yourself by doing this

Stick to weighing in at group, what will be will be on the day x

Your weight can fluctuate by 8lbs each day, depending on hydration, food, excrement etc etc. Ignore your home scales - throw them away! - and just weigh once a week :)

Drink plenty of water to make sure you aren't retaining! ( i know that sounds like it makes no sense but you really do have to drink to shrink)

Water will also help your er...digestive processes!!
I always pray to the poo fairy on weigh in day.

Another point I would like to add is that I too am a home weigher/doubler checker and I can hand on heart say my scales NEVER say the same thing as my SW ones!

Keep your chin up, your body is adjusting to a change... It's maybe just being stubborn today but it will have to give in soon! X

Back