Unfinished diary

Looking good :D well done for getting your behind straight back on that wagon. Glad I saved you a seat now :D :D :D :8855:

Don't be too hard on yourself with syns. i know you are cutting back as you were off plan a little but being too hard on yourself can be a recipe for disaster. better to have a few and manage to stick to plan :)

It's great reading things on here isn't it. And it keeps you out of the fridge :D

The only problem for me is that I want to try everything at once :)

Morning to anyone around! :D

Feeling very bright and bushy-tailed today. Must be cos I was heartily honking a few mins ago as I was 100% again yesterday. :banana dancer: that is such a vulgar looking smilie but expresses the mood so well!

Today I'm going Green.

Cinnamon french toast ~ HXB
blackberries
forest fruits Acti yogurt (poured over)

Brie ~ HXA
Quorn peppers beef slices
Branston pickle ~ 1syn
salad
gherkins
whml bap ~ HXB
[STRIKE]
Spicy Lentil soup
[/STRIKE] didn't get as vistors arrived.

Rice pudding with lemon & nutmeg ~HXA

So.. 2x HXA, 2x HXB + 1 syn.

105.5/105 syns

Well I shan't go hungry by the looks of things. :D

Got to go search for an interesting Spicy Lentil soup recipe now!

Last edited:
Thanks for the lovely comments on my food girls. ;)

Haylz, I just make it how mum did when I was a kiddie. You put 1 heaped instant coffee in a jug with some sweetner to taste. Use just enough boiling water to melt them together. Then pour in ice cold milk and add ice cubes and glass up. :D

I know that we're not supposed to have coffee before bedtime but I LOVE to take a glass of this up with me at night to sip while I have a bed time read. So refreshing.

Nipped back because I've found a lovely Spicy Lentil Soup on BBCGoodfood which will fit the bill nicely.

Spiced lentil soup recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Will have to use a little poetic license regarding the ingredients as usual. ie chilli powder not flakes and lemon not lime. Apart from that we're good to go.
Love making homemade soups.

The only thing to mar my happiness today is that one of offspring took my frozen rolls out of the micro last night and left them out. Not exactly what I'd call light and fresh now. :rant2:

You are doing brilliantly :D proud of you sweetie.

Sorry to hear about your rolls. Sort of thing my lot would do. someone once said if you lightly dampen them and warm them in the oven they freshen up abit but no idea if this is true or not as don't think I ever tried it.

Have you tried Michelle's lentil and bacon soup? Its amazing. I can never make soup always tastes awful but I made this and adored it.

xxxxx

I keeping seeing people mentioning 'michelle's soup' and I'm even more interested now I know its lentil and bacon soup, my favourite by far. :drool:
Would you have a link to the recipe saved somewhere?

Hope you headache is clearing some, Jackie. Saw on your diary that you and DD are both poorly today.

LOL thanks for that Tilly. :D

I shall go have a look-see. Was distracted by getting the rice pudding in the slow-cooker.

Haven't started on the lentil soup yet so I might change my plans and try Michelle's recipe. Don't have any bacon at mo but as you said you can do without... ;)

I absolutely love cooking. Not sure it always works in my favour but in principle it should when it comes to SW. Trouble is, I always cook like I'm feeding a crowd and hate waste. :eek: My freezer is my best friend now.

Managed another 100% day yesterday. So pleased to have found my mojo again. :D

Didn't get my Lentil soup as vistors arrived while preparing and then it was soon time to take m & dad shopping, so that's on the menu for today now.

This means is another green day for me.

Cinnamon french toast with: ~ HXB
banana
cherry ff activa yog poured over

Apple

Spanish omelette with:
onions, peas, pots, peppers
cheese ~ HXA
Bacon ~ HXB half now half in soup later
Spicy mini corn on the cobs

Spicy lentil soup with remaining bacon from earlier

Iced coffee ~ HXA
Apple

= 2x HXA, 2x HXB

105.5/105 syns

Now I'm happy with the look of that. Still pondering the syns situation. I'm going to be pretty busy today with DH. I don't want to add any for the sake of it so I think I'll leave my options open for tomorrow.

Decided to do a roast pork dinner tomorrow. Will plan it out to make as healthy as poss but no way am I having roast pork without apple sauce. :drool: Gravy is a must too.

I shall devise a plan so I can have all I want and try to make it as syn light as I can. Flexi syns is the way to go tomorrow. ;)
Roll on next week when I will 'spend' my syns a little more wisely..... But that cheesecake WAS fantastic :giggle:

Well done on your 100% day :D proud of you sweetie. Can you tell me how to make the french toast please as I'd love some different breakfasts and it sounds yummy. Is it bread coated in egg and cinnamon and dry fried?

Your meals always sound so lovely (including the cheesecake :8855:) xxxxx

hiya girls, :wavey:

I forget stuff I've loved too Tilly. I'm reading others posts and thinking 'why did I stop doing that, or cooking that?' duh!

Jackie - that's exactly it basically with the french toast. Whisk the egg up with some cinnamon (sweetner if you need but I don't) and spray and fry.
I love a banana one with greek yogurt topped with maple syrup and walnuts. I'd happily syn that! :drool:

Ready for my lunch now. :eating: Woe betide anyone that gets between me and my food. I can be evil. :sign0151:

Oh if only the ones that already live here appreciated my food instead of looking at it suspiciously and prodding it with a fork. :D

No one will touch my lentil soup. :cry: It truly is delish but I didn't get the whizzy wand out quick enough and they spied veg. Why are grown adults - youngest is 17, eldest..well that's me :eek: 2nd eldest 46 and they still panic at a parsnip!
Actually had no parsnips in but you get my meaning. :grumble:

DS2 said my french toast was the most disgusting thing he'd ever tried. I give up with them! :banghead:

Back