Unfinished diary

I think its like a duracell battery it goes on and on and on :8855:

Its only cos we care sweetie. We can't help how we are can we? I'd be the same, well you know I am ...

Have a fabby weekend. I need to work but may just try and work all day sunday or tomorrow and have the rest off xxxxx

Now that sounds like a plan, all work and no play made Jackie a dull girl hehehe
And you're spot on there hun , we can't help it cos that's what parents do..well decent ones anyways xx

Awww Crumble sweetie it so good to have 'you' back. You are so so so right sweetheart. I have sniggered and spluttered all the way through this post. You are fab. I can join you in the menopausal mums club. What you said to DS1 gf OMG that made me laugh. Good on you. You are so right, we put up with stuff, we grit our teeth and the begger ends up on our waist and hips :8855:

go get em girl.

xxxxxxx

Evening all. ooh I sound like a copper. :D

Lily - you may have signed up for this unselfish-parenting thing but I got duped. :p
People lie. They act all excited when you tell them you're having a baby but secretly they know whats in store and the smile is really a smirk as they think 'sucker!' :rolleyes:
They let you believe its all gummy smiles and baby grows but NO ONE tells you that the little scallywags will mess with your brain and worry you to grey-headedness.
AND absolutely no one tells you it never ends. Oh No... goes on forever. :eek:

Hmmm, well I've decided that its time for mum's revenge. Oh yes!
Why wait till old age to do that contankerous thing. Lets get in early. (I think my mum must have hit on this same idea. :rolleyes:)

Now DS2 has never merited my wrath as yet, so he's safe. :D
Lovely DH is doing his best to calm me with these blessed relaxation cds each night.
Got birds chirping half the night like something out of Hitchcock's 'The Birds' and he hits the 'sleep' button so I could drift off to the sound of them. That's relaxing isn't it? :whistle:
He's trying, tho.

Nope its DS1 & Co that are my targets.
I started today. :p
It was so much fun. DS1 gave me daggers when I sweetly asked her if she would mind removing her legs from round his neck as DS2 was getting a birdseye view of her knickers.
DS2 snorted, DS1 gaped and 'Co' quickly pulled her skirt down from round her waist.
PLEASE! would you have behaved like that on your mother's best sofa?
My mum gave us a surly look if we held hands. :p She always looked like she'd be ready with cold water if we dared to try a crafty smooch.

Nah, been far too obliging and DH is the worse. 'don't make a scene, sweetie, let it lie.' I'm no longer a 'let it lie' kinda girl.
Me danders well and truly up. Gone from sad to mad. :mad:

And another thing, while I'm wittering.:eek: Could it be that being easy going and putting up with stuff we shouldn't has a direct effect on our weight?
Lets analyse this. :psiholog:

Someone upsets us and we Don't say/do what we wish we should. Result.. lets have a crunchie or three. :rolleyes:
(reminds me, must add another 9 syns for mine today :p)

Then you realise that you're being put on and don't feel able to say anything. Whoops down go four biccies and you only know you've had them cos the remnants of crumbs are down your cleavage. :eek:

Am are wrong? :cool:

We have the 'Perfect Parents club', the 'Panicking Parents club' so why not the 'Menopausal Mums club.' :D

Might not be the reason for our 'unusual' behaviour but so what. Its as good an excuse as any. Game on!

BTW food today has had to be revised. Oh deary. Ermmm.. well what can I say. didn't quite go to plan. :ashamed0005:

How are all of your doing today? I've not got round the diaries this week very much but I intend to have some me time and catch up on your doings. ;)

Hi crumble, just enjoy yourself this weekend and put everything behind you, you deserve it, enjoy being pampered, buy yourself something nice:dooney:, I am glad you are ok, you will get through this.:girlpower:
I love your smiley characters they make me smile.:)

Jane x

Knew there was something else made me laugh. Its friday and you had a crunchie. Do you remember the ad 'thank crunchie its friday' :8855:

Oh god now I want a crunchie :8855: reading diaries does this to me all the time lol. I shall drink more water. Two more days till weigh day. I cannot have a crunchie, I cannot have a crunchie :)

Absolutely sweetie. Very good idea and good on you. I think sometimes they get away with too much unintentionally. Teenagers are naturally selfish anyway in my opinion... Matt did nothing all day. Kept asking about food all day.... I asked him to put a shower curtain rail up for me, ie a tension one so no hard work. He finally did it at 4. Gary came home and had shower and I heard it come crashing down.... lol

I think they need to learn some give as well as take. We can blame it on the menopause ;) can't we :8855: gosh we could have some fun here crumble xxxxxxx

Thank you Jane. I'm planning to enjoy myself immensely from now on. ;)

Jackie, you've done one 100% week and well on your way to another, unless I've missed something. Leave the crunchies alone. They only get stuck in your teeth and ruin your fantastic run.

Have you been and 'honked' on the 'honk if you've been 100%' thread?
Used to crease up each morning doing that and reading some of the comments. Was worth staying good just to do it. :D

Thank you Jackie. It's so good to have confirmation that I'm within my rights and not a witch.

And I refuse to feel mean about the fact that DS1 is going to learn a lesson in life tomorrow.
He sneakily went to his dad and requested a lift back after taking his van to another worker on Sunday afternoon, involving an 80 mile round trip for DH at our expense.
And this at the time when I'm supposed to be picking out my winter pansies at the garden centre. :rant2:

Okay, I realise he's needing help... which is a coincidence because so are we. I've a bedroom ceiling needs painting before I can paper the walls. One good turn deserves another. I'll have my good turn first. ;)
Crafty crumble, huh? :sign0151:

Crumble you make me smile :), I can read your stories all day.

Jane x

Thank you Jane. I'm planning to enjoy myself immensely from now on. ;)

Jackie, you've done one 100% week and well on your way to another, unless I've missed something. Leave the crunchies alone. They only get stuck in your teeth and ruin your fantastic run.

Have you been and 'honked' on the 'honk if you've been 100%' thread?
Used to crease up each morning doing that and reading some of the comments. Was worth staying good just to do it. :D

What's this honked on the honk 100% thread, please tell, I have been hearing people saying they have been 100%, please, please tell.:confused:

Jane x

NOt honked no :8855: last time I did that on that thread I ate my weight in choccie the next day. Decided I was jinxed. Yep I am well on the way to 100% for a second week so can't have a crunchie. Havne't got any anyway. No goodies as such really. You know what its like you read a diary and fancy their food :8855: its usually bacon that does it for me. I read about it and have to have it. xxxxx

Thanks crumble, just had a look think I might give it ago tomorrow, going to bed now, sleep well, night night.

Jane x

Evening all. ooh I sound like a copper. :D

Lily - you may have signed up for this unselfish-parenting thing but I got duped. :p
People lie. They act all excited when you tell them you're having a baby but secretly they know whats in store and the smile is really a smirk as they think 'sucker!' :rolleyes:
They let you believe its all gummy smiles and baby grows but NO ONE tells you that the little scallywags will mess with your brain and worry you to grey-headedness.
AND absolutely no one tells you it never ends. Oh No... goes on forever. :eek:

Hmmm, well I've decided that its time for mum's revenge. Oh yes!
Why wait till old age to do that contankerous thing. Lets get in early. (I think my mum must have hit on this same idea. :rolleyes:)

Now DS2 has never merited my wrath as yet, so he's safe. :D
Lovely DH is doing his best to calm me with these blessed relaxation cds each night.
Got birds chirping half the night like something out of Hitchcock's 'The Birds' and he hits the 'sleep' button so I could drift off to the sound of them. That's relaxing isn't it? :whistle:
He's trying, tho.

Nope its DS1 & Co that are my targets.
I started today. :p
It was so much fun. DS1 gave me daggers when I sweetly asked her if she would mind removing her legs from round his neck as DS2 was getting a birdseye view of her knickers.
DS2 snorted, DS1 gaped and 'Co' quickly pulled her skirt down from round her waist.
PLEASE! would you have behaved like that on your mother's best sofa?
My mum gave us a surly look if we held hands. :p She always looked like she'd be ready with cold water if we dared to try a crafty smooch.

Nah, been far too obliging and DH is the worse. 'don't make a scene, sweetie, let it lie.' I'm no longer a 'let it lie' kinda girl.
Me danders well and truly up. Gone from sad to mad. :mad:

And another thing, while I'm wittering.:eek: Could it be that being easy going and putting up with stuff we shouldn't has a direct effect on our weight?
Lets analyse this. :psiholog:

Someone upsets us and we Don't say/do what we wish we should. Result.. lets have a crunchie or three. :rolleyes:
(reminds me, must add another 9 syns for mine today :p)

Then you realise that you're being put on and don't feel able to say anything. Whoops down go four biccies and you only know you've had them cos the remnants of crumbs are down your cleavage. :eek:

Am are wrong? :cool:

We have the 'Perfect Parents club', the 'Panicking Parents club' so why not the 'Menopausal Mums club.' :D

Might not be the reason for our 'unusual' behaviour but so what. Its as good an excuse as any. Game on!

BTW food today has had to be revised. Oh deary. Ermmm.. well what can I say. didn't quite go to plan. :ashamed0005:

How are all of your doing today? I've not got round the diaries this week very much but I intend to have some me time and catch up on your doings. ;)

Do I come across as someone that signed up for the unselfish-parenting club:8855: Really!!!! Me???????? hahaha :wow: I'm gobsmacked lol
I am 1000% behind you hun, what you have said up there^^^^^ is perfectly rational and sound advice as far as I am concerned and good for you for not being a doormat...love how you put Co in her place...would have given anything to be a fly on the wall right then :giggle:
But I must point out that since I have come out the other side of the Menopause, I don't recognise the woman who doesn't feel able to say anything..not me hun, my lot and I mean all of them, get a full and graphic account of how I feel ...often!!....but and maybe this is why...ever since my kids were little...and maybe I did this cos I had such a ***** childhood myself, I made sure we have monthly chats where we sit at the kitchen table and everyone gets their grievances out in the open, no matter how hard it is to hear, and settles them without having punch ups or getting beaten for having an opinion.
I think since I finished the menopause that I have become less of an emotional person (I know I cry a lot but I mean really emotional) and consequently an emotional eater and I also believe that's why I am finding it easier to lose the weight this time...Men just don't know how lucky they are not to have to go through all the things in life we women go through(although I can tell you with full conviction that men have their own menopause too and they are worse than any woman, we get used to having to deal with crap all our lives, it hits them like a ton of bricks lol)
So you go for it girl, give em what for lol xx

Jackie bacons great and is free on Red or EE. Its my best friend when I want a treatie breakfast or lunch. :D

And YES we could have some fun with the 'menopausal mum' thing. I mean, we're meant to be mental. Its the rules, isn't it?
Why fight it, I say. :D

Its time to give them some of it back. Only the ones that deserve it, obviously. The rest get the entertainment value of witnessing the 'worm turning.'
DS2 seemed to enjoy it today. :p

oooh I want to be menopausal again, why do I ALWAYS miss the fun bits :giggle: xx

Its okay Lily cos I've been doing my reading up on this menopause malarkey and its definitely said that the mood swings can continue after the menopause is over.
So you know what that means? Licence to misbehave forever! :woohoo:
A medical fact. We can't help ourselves. :D

And BTW.. I'm absolutely certain that you could handle anyone ;) you just come across as sounding like you'd be prepared to be much more self-sacrificing than me.
I want to be a bit more selfish for once.
I'm looking forward to it. :p
Not in a mean way but in a 'bout time mum didn't come bottom of the pile' way.
I'm prioritising 'me' and especially 'me & DH' for a change.
That weekend away was such an eye-opener about how much fun we've missed out on without realising it.
Kids are expensive, time consuming things and its time to catch up on 'us' a bit more me thinks. :D

Omg I really am totally gobsmacked, it just really enhances what I always say, you can't tell from what someone has written, whether it be on paper, by text or in chat like this, what emotions are involved when you are reading...because I can't believe I come across as self -sacrificing....that is so far from the truth it's almost on mars.lol There is one thing you are spot on about though, I can handle anyone, I had too much crap in my life as a child to even begin to take it as an adult, but that does not mean to say I can't be kind and loving, I am very much so, but I don't take anyone's S**t .. one chance to screw up or take the pee and if you do it twice, bye bye, I have cut so many people out of my life there's hardly any left and I am happy with that
I do enjoy being a mum and a grandmum and again without going into details, that's definitely because I never knew what it was like to have a parent who actually gave a t**s about me. But I am absolutely not the kind of woman who sacrifices everything for my kids....in fact if I told my kids that someone thought that, they would definitely pee themselves laughing....but I do believe that I made a choice when I gave birth, otherwise I had loads of other options I could have taken before going ahead with the pregnancy and I again think that I think like that because of my own childhood.
I would say I am the kind of parent who won't stand for any kind of nonsense but of course my kids do try it on, I never used to be as vocal about things as I am now, there are a lot of raised voices in this house, but never anything more than that and like I said last night, we do have family pow wows every month with a no holds barred and no retribution clause, no matter what has been said and believe there are times when I think it could get a bit nasty, there are no come backs from it.
But I am again as i said 1000% behind you, you don't deserve to be lied to or treated with disrespect and I personally think you're a better woman than me,had I come across the situation you did yesterday with DS1 and Co...while I see the funny side of what you did....I wouldn't stand for that kind of behaviour in my house, no siree and she would have been OUT with the biggest flea in her ear, no matter what and no matter how my child felt about that.
From that I can also imagine how you feel about being a grandparent and how hurt and probably disappointed you feel. But I do still stand by what I said (and I know I would be seething in the same situation myself), what's done is done and you will have a beautiful grandchild that hopefully you can influence greatly, because my lovely you do come across as a loving, kind, caring person, mother and wife who is hurting right now.
Between you me and the gate post, my children don't call me mum most of the time, they actually call me "THE B *TCH " and they are right lol, but I know that they still love me and mean it in an affectionate way lol
In fact I have loads of stuff with that logo on it bought for me by them lol
And on top of that, I have diabetes, so the mood swings are there for the rest of my life anyway
And my love there is absolutely nothing wrong with being selfish, why is that parents always feel guilty about being selfish, not me ...I will gladly help my kids any way I can but I need to come first too and I make sure I do, often xx

Last edited:
And my love there is absolutely nothing wrong with being selfish, why is that parents always feel guilty about being selfish, not me ...I will gladly help my kids any way I can but I need to come first too and I make sure I do, often xx

Delighted to hear it Lily, and its precisely the way I intend to go, too. :D

Must change my menu plan as I've decided to have some raspberries in meringue for a treat. :drool:

Oh and I will be picking out my winter pansies as don't have to do the round trip tomorrow. Although, words have been mentioned about starting the decorating anyway, so might delay the garden centre till Monday. Love Bank holidays. :D

I'm joining the menopausal mums club. Actually I don't think the kids will notice cos they already think I'm mental :)

We must share revenge ideas :D

Oppsy, appears I forgot to post my menu this morning.

Food today: RED

weetabix (2) ~ HBA, HXB
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

banana/melon

seafood selection

Chicken with garlic/lemon
Potatoes ~ HXB
carrots/brussels/
peas ~ 2 syns
gravy ~ 2 syns

raspberries
LF greek yogurt ~ 1 syn
sml meringue nest ~ 2.5 syns
iced coffee ~ HXA + 1 syn

= 2x A, 2x B + 9.5 syns

74.5/95 syns

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. ;)

I'm joining the menopausal mums club. Actually I don't think the kids will notice cos they already think I'm mental :)

We must share revenge ideas :D

Bet we could come up with some good ones between us. :p
I like the idea of 'embarrassing mums'....the ultimate revenge. :D

Back