Unfinished diary

It smelt gorgeous, too. One day he can take me back when I don't need a two seater sofa to myself :rolleyes: and then I will definitely have one. :p

Tilly - we stayed in Last of the Summer Wine country. Holmfirth. It wasn't a big place but I just loved it! :heartpump::D
Perfect for just strolling around and sitting in cafes, walking along the little river that runs through and taking breaks in the little gardens alongside it.
We were SO lazy, did nothing but enjoy the shops, cafes, walks and amazing views.
Shocked and delighted that not one high street shop there, all little independants. Such a nice change.:)

We stayed in this place with a huge corner bath (loved that!:D) a shower big enough for two (if one wasn't me :sigh:) and in a lovely little village outside of town.

Ahhh but back to real life again now. :rolleyes:

OOOh LILY, just spotted your post. Coming for a looky. WE ARE SO GOOD, you better than me cos I can't do the changing sizes thing yet. :p

It smelt gorgeous, too. One day he can take me back when I don't need a two seater sofa to myself :rolleyes: and then I will definitely have one. :p

Tilly - we stayed in Last of the Summer Wine country. Holmfirth. It wasn't a big place but I just loved it! :heartpump::D
Perfect for just strolling around and sitting in cafes, walking along the little river that runs through and taking breaks in the little gardens alongside it.
We were SO lazy, did nothing but enjoy the shops, cafes, walks and amazing views.
Shocked and delighted that not one high street shop there, all little independants. Such a nice change.:)

We stayed in this place with a huge corner bath (loved that!:D) a shower big enough for two (if one wasn't me :sigh:) and in a lovely little village outside of town.

OOOh LILY, just spotted your post. Coming for a looky. WE ARE SO GOOD, you better than me cos I can't do the changing sizes thing yet. :p

Oh that changing size things is easy...click on your pic in photobucket and along the top you have options, click on share and then more options, once you have done that it will bring up another box, along the top are 3 options, click on Get link code, scroll down to IMG for bulletin boards & forums and make sure that both boxes (full size and clickable thumbnail are ticked, copy and paste the id for the clickable thumbnail one and pop into your chat box, I tried it without having both ticked and any other way that I though it might work and that was the only way it would
We are so blinking clever ..we're only about 5 years behind the rest of the country but I DON'T CARE...WE DID IT lol xx

Last edited:
Too right we're clever! :D There must be at least half a dozen people left that still can't do it.:p

Yeah and my hubby's one of them, he still can't get the hang of browsers, he thinks they are all linked to ebay :8855: bless his little cotton socks, so we'll always be one step ahead of him lol xxx

:rotflmao: My husband, too. Clueless. Thats two. And I'd lay money that SIL has no idea. Feeling REALLY clever now.

Ooh ohh and my mum. She calls everything email and thinks they're all linked to QVC. :confused:

Oh and there's my brother the huge businessman, who calls me every 5 minutes to help him with the internet, so where's your brains now bro?? lol and my sil too and my sister..clueless the lot of them ...but I have to say in all honesty probably the worst offenders are my hubby's sister and husband....bought all the top notch equipment, printers, scanners, paid thousands and I had to show them how to switch it all on hahahaha...I don't think they've got much further than that and that was about 10 years ago lol xx

My hubby too :8855: :8855: so we know 4 of the five that don't know how to do it :8855:

with the ones I know there could even be as many as 12, what ya think? :8855:

oooh I knew there was something I was going to post on here, I found this intriguing little recipe today and I am going to try it out tomorrow, looks luvverly xx

Tomato Soup

2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of baked beans
400g cooked sliced carrot
1 tsp liquid chicken Bovril
3 pickled onions
½ pint of water
----------------------------------------------------------------
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Heat through on the hob or in a microwave.

Serves 4
Syn free on Green and Extra Easy

I made half the quantity, and used a real onion with 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar instead of the pickled onions

Why didn't you say before. Holmfirth's about 10 miles away. I could have come for some hot chocolate :)

Too right we're clever! :D There must be at least half a dozen people left that still can't do it.:p

erm me :rolleyes:

:rotflmao: My husband, too. Clueless. Thats two. And I'd lay money that SIL has no idea. Feeling REALLY clever now.

Ooh ohh and my mum. She calls everything email and thinks they're all linked to QVC. :confused:

What :eek: you mean it's not all linked to QVC :eek:

My hubby too :8855: :8855: so we know 4 of the five that don't know how to do it :8855:

I'm number 5 :D

Thanks ginlin. :D Actually feel a bit embarrassed when I saw how much was there.
Took a photo of my breccies and if I ever work out how to get it off my phone onto this lappy (one thing DH knows that I don't:eek:)then you'll see it was a bit on the large size. Huge, in fact. :eek:
Not stuffed tho so must have needed it. :p

Final - or should I say Sarah. ;) Had to find out where you've been so had a sneaky peek at your diary. Well done to you too on your loss! :clap:

Thanks ginlin. :D Actually feel a bit embarrassed when I saw how much was there.
Took a photo of my breccies and if I ever work out how to get it off my phone onto this lappy (one thing DH knows that I don't:eek:)then you'll see it was a bit on the large size. Huge, in fact. :eek:
Not stuffed tho so must have needed it. :p

Final - or should I say Sarah. ;) Had to find out where you've been so had a sneaky peek at your diary. Well done to you too on your loss! :clap:

Thanks Crumble :)

Brilliant loss. Well done. And straight after a weekend away :D:):D:)

Food looks yummy as usual.

It doesn't sound too much to me. If you're eating until you're satisfied and not stuffed then you're doing it right :)

That's my trouble, Tilly. I can smell it cooking and want the chop but I'm not hungry at all and know that the iced coffee is really all I need tonight.
Bah.. but it smells lovely and its on my list. :cry:
I could wait till midnight and see if I get hungry. :p

Just remembered the tomato soup recipe, Lily. Interested in that. DH loves tom soup. The pickled onion seems random but let us know how it tastes. Easy ingredients so could try it out on him. ;

:wow: you're amazing, a weekend away where you didn't indulge and a 2lb weight loss, wtg you xx

Made the tomato soup from the recipe it was gorgeous, just one thing add some salt to it, and it tastes just like heinz tomato soup, yummy xx

Last edited:
You lot make my day. You're so funny.:8855:

Looks like we're not such dinosaurs when it comes to technology and progression. Doing better than many. (well except Tilly, of course and even she's gone digital with the scales. :p)

My mum still hasn't forgiven BT for going digital. Once the fully itemised bills started coming through she was furious. Called it meddling. The arguments with my dad! :eek:
Every quarter he scrutinizes the bill with his glasses birched on the end of his nose. She scowls at him and huffily tells him to add up her calls and she'll pay them herself and strops out the room.
She never does!
Then its all forgotten till the next quarter.
Oh except the time she discovered the quiz channels on sky and had several nights of fun before frantically phoning me late one night saying she'd run up at least £20 of calls. Was convinced she knew the answer!:rolleyes:
I'm only glad QVC is a free phone number or the roof would really lift off the house.

OK folks, back to business. And a loss! 2lbs.:thankyouthankyou: All the walking and wii tennis must have paid off. ;)

Got to go put the first of many washes in while I ponder todays food.

Back in a bit. :)

Just remembered the tomato soup recipe, Lily. Interested in that. DH loves tom soup. The pickled onion seems random but let us know how it tastes. Easy ingredients so could try it out on him. ;)

Well done on your weight loss crumble :D, keep up the good work with the exercise.

Jane x

Back