Unfinished diary

I'm still circling mine cautiously. I'm going to have a go with it starting tomorrow. :p I could do some light jogging on wii fit and wear it I suppose. Test it so to speak.
Aren't these heads a pest. Hate it when they do this. Don't know how you work through it.
I can't even concentrate on Judge Judy and that women is my hero.
I try to emulate her when getting to the bottom of DS1&2's antics. Mainly DS1. :mad:

Hope everything is okay your end Lily. Guess you have family stuff going on too so not surprised you're not here at mo. ;)

As I said on your diary, jolly well done on that 1.5 lbs. Am quite looking forward to doing this Success Express. That's probably cos I don't fully understand it yet. :p
Wait till I do, then it'll be, 'you're on your own with that Lilly, m'lass.' :8855:

So food today will be: S.EXP RED

1/2 grapefruit
1 egg scrambled with
smoked salmon
1/2 tin tomatoes
mushrooms
sliced wml toast ~ HXB

shape wht choc dessert ~ 5.5 syns
melon
banana

Spicy chicken
beet/sp onions/lettuce
cress/toms/cue
new potatoes ~ HXB

carrot & coriander soup (SW) ~ 7 syns

iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

= 1x HXA, 2x HXB + 13.5 syns

If anyone has done SExpress would they let me know if that looks okay? :)

Am going to have a lazy day today. Got tons done yesterday so think I'll tuck down and look for recipes and research how to press forward with this weight loss thingy.

Catcha later. ;)

Ok looked at your menu looks fine, but are the syns values for a red day or green? as on Success Express they must be counted as a Green syn value (not looked up the syn values yet) xx

OH one more thing I have to add to the Success express rules and regs...just noticed it is ...Potatoes must be eaten with Skins ON...New potatoes, Jacket Potatoes all must be eaten with skins .

You can have second helpings as long as you remember the 2-1 plate principle.
You can have desserts and starters as long as you count any syns as a Green syn value i.e. 28g smoked salmon would be 2 syns (it's green syns value)
You can still use store cupboard staples freely as before...spices, flavours etc
Snacking on superfree foods is another smart way that SE ensures you're limiting your overall energy intake-without going hungry. Superfree foods are low enough in calories to keep your weight loss speeding along and hiugh enough in filling power to beat snack attacks.

So get tons of fruit and veg that you can cut up and snack on when peckish

Good luck ladies xx

Ooh how I read it was that you have to count the higher syn rate depending which is higher.
So if on red its only 2 but on green its 7 you count the green syns of 7. Alternatively, if on red it 8 but on green its 1 you count the red syns of 8. :confused:

I've just gone for the highest syns when I was working it out.
It'll work out. :rolleyes:

Have you started it already Lily? It doesn't seem that different from normal really or am I deluding myself. :p

My main concern is that my plates will get bigger as I'm trying to get the ratio of 2:1 of superfoods to free foods. :D

Must get some
tennis.gif
done. Very late today getting down to it.

Hey ladies,
the worst part of being in the thick of all this disgusting behaviour is the scare mongering that goes on with it...I for one am not that frightened (more for my grandkids than anyone), if a group of the little oiks come my way, I won't be running, I might get hurt, but I'll sure take a few of them down with me lol..
A lot of people didn't go to group tonight, understandably so why, I did even though under SW's instruction as the safety of us it's members was paramount, it was only a weigh and go night tonight...I am not going to allow the likes of the youth of today, scare me into carrying on doing what I want to do...believe me I have faced bigger scarier things than them in my life (another huge story for another time)...so now I have gotten my rant out of the way lol ...
I lost 1.5lbs this week...would have liked a little more but had a word with my consultant and he gave me the Success Express sheet, I am going to try and follow that this week, although he reckons the most that he knows anyone following it for is 5 days and she lost 5lbs in that time, I'd be happy with that ..and it is supposed to kick start your weight loss again...we'll see lol xx

P.S.Ealing, where the rioting was last night, is about 10 minutes drive from me !

Well done Lily on your weight loss, I have heard about the success express it does work, some one in my class loss 8lb on it, its like starting your first week again.

I think its shocking what these thugs are doing in the towns, I think they should bring back national service should start it from the ages of 16yr old to 21yr old, that would get the kids off the street and teach them self respect.

Sorry for the moan, feel fed up today, maybe its the weather, hate it when its not nice outside makes me feel down.

Jane x

Ooh how I read it was that you have to count the higher syn rate depending which is higher.
So if on red its only 2 but on green its 7 you count the green syns of 7. Alternatively, if on red it 8 but on green its 1 you count the red syns of 8. :confused:

I've just gone for the highest syns when I was working it out.
It'll work out. :rolleyes:

Have you started it already Lily? It doesn't seem that different from normal really or am I deluding myself. :p

My main concern is that my plates will get bigger as I'm trying to get the ratio of 2:1 of superfoods to free foods. :D

Must get some
tennis.gif
done. Very late today getting down to it.

Hi Hun, Yes that's right, it says where the syn values differ, you should take the higher rate, sorry I was a little confused by the example they gave which was a green syn value, but have just re-read it, not started it today as such....am trying to stick to more superfree than anything else today, but need to do a bit more shopping before I get into it properly...had a very late night last night, talking to DD1 and haven't quite sorted out my menus or anything else yet...need to really go back to beginning and re-read everything and plan a lot more recipes with a lot less carbs...on reading back on my menus I noticed I have upped them, without really upping my exercise,if I am going to eat more carbs I need to burn off more too
And cos I am diabetic and supposed to eat carbs every meal it's a little confusing too...I usually stick to complex carbs anyway but I just want to be totally clear in my head that i am straight on this one... hate thinking I have it sussed and then get a spanner thrown into the works ...I WANT a simple life lolxx

Last edited:
And cos I am diabetic and supposed to eat carbs every meal it's a little confusing too...I usually stick to complex carbs anyway but I just want to be totally clear in my head that i am straight on this one... hate thinking I have it sussed and then get a spanner thrown into the works ...I WANT a simple life lolxx

Don't think I know what a complex carb is. :ashamed0005: Is it things like wholemeal bread etc. Unrefined things?

I think its worth going back to basics and re-reading it all up again. I originally joined SW about this time last year and did well then blipped.
I forget stuff. Trying to take time to make sure I've fully grasped it all.
For instance, never really knew how to do EE days. Never done Success Express.
Hadn't got the gist of flexi syns. etc etc.

Anyways, starting to read up from scratch and make it work for me better.

Trying to work through some recipes and the SW Carrot and Coriander thick soup is todays experiment.
It is absolutely delish. Made a half quantity and DS1 and I devoured it. :eating:
Will be making that again for sure and it was so filling and incredibly cheap!

Forgot, did my wii tennis (42 mins) and drank my water. :D

The way I see this success express thing is it's like EE but you have 2/3 superfree rather than 1/3 and you can have 2 heb's and hea's and you have to count the higher syn values.

It might be ok for a couple of days but then I'd get fed up with the thought that I had to eat veg. That's why I can't do EE for too long cos I think I can't eat any more veg or salad so I do a red day and eat salad. I know it sounds stupid but I eat the veg and salad when I don't have to and enjoy it. When I have to eat it (e.g when doing EE) it annoys me :8855:

Its the rebel is ya Tilly. ;)

See thats why DS2 can't do EE days. I'd never get him to eat 1/3 superfree. He'd just push them round the plate.

Surprisingly, I made him up a bowl of iceberg, cucumber and cress with a little bit of salt alongside his crackerbreads and philli lite and he ate the lot. :eek: It was the salt. Said it tasted nice.

Don't think I know what a complex carb is. :ashamed0005: Is it things like wholemeal bread etc. Unrefined things?

I think its worth going back to basics and re-reading it all up again. I originally joined SW about this time last year and did well then blipped.
I forget stuff. Trying to take time to make sure I've fully grasped it all.
For instance, never really knew how to do EE days. Never done Success Express.
Hadn't got the gist of flexi syns. etc etc.

Anyways, starting to read up from scratch and make it work for me better.

Trying to work through some recipes and the SW Carrot and Coriander thick soup is todays experiment.
It is absolutely delish. Made a half quantity and DS1 and I devoured it. :eating:
Will be making that again for sure and it was so filling and incredibly cheap!

Forgot, did my wii tennis (42 mins) and drank my water. :D

The way I see this success express thing is it's like EE but you have 2/3 superfree rather than 1/3 and you can have 2 heb's and hea's and you have to count the higher syn values.

It might be ok for a couple of days but then I'd get fed up with the thought that I had to eat veg. That's why I can't do EE for too long cos I think I can't eat any more veg or salad so I do a red day and eat salad. I know it sounds stupid but I eat the veg and salad when I don't have to and enjoy it. When I have to eat it (e.g when doing EE) it annoys me :8855:

Had a really good read up on all the plans today, and I really think for me the way forward is to do a mix of SE and EE, but I need to cut back on carbs...while i do exercise it's not exactly THAT strenuous even if it does make me sweat, and to burn off carbs as I see it you need to do some real hardcore workouts, so because I love fruit and veg and could actually (and often do) eat mountains of it, I think I have to do that and just have refined carbs , not as free (like rice pudding) but as a treat that I would normally syn , even though on the EE plan it's free.
Crumble complex carbs are as you say brown rice, bread, bananas, beans, root veg, potatoes, wholemeal oats, bread etc, nuts, lentils and so on....I eat a lot of simple carbs in fruit and veg, but it's mostly the simple carbs that contain refined sugar that I need to stay away from (in fact most people should stay away from) and they include stuff like, biscuits, chocolate, honey and jam, brown or white cane sugar, prepared foods, snack bars and also white rice and pasta ...it took me a while to learn which was which and it didn't really register with me straight away how to separate them and what to actually have, but now that it has...I get most of my carbs from, beans, bananas and other fruit and veg, so the fact that I have been having more rice puddings, mashed potatoes etc won't help me xx

P.S. I also know that I am intolerant of large amounts of certain carbs, i.e. cous cous, pasta, rice and therefore normally avoid them but occasionally my eyes lead me into temptation lol xx

Whoop whoop!! Go you with the loss this week!

I'd never heard of se... intrigues me...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lily - you've done really well so far. Maybe your body does fancy a shake up with the EE & SE days mixed. Might make it more interesting for you, too. ;)

Icebaby - I'd never heard of SE either. Nothing mentioned about it for Online members so would never have known about it if others on here hadn't mentioned it.

Finding it quite easy to do but we'll see if it makes a difference come WI day! :p

Food today: GREEN

1/2 grapefruit
melon
crumble yogurt ~ 0.5 syns
iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

Jacket potato ~ HXB
1/2 creamed mushrooms ~ 4.5 syns
cue/toms/lett/onion/grated carrot
melon

Sticky chicken SW ~ HXB + 5 syns
salad as ^^^
melon

iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

= 2 HXA, 2 HXB + 10 syns

43/105 syns

Off to get my washing in, wii tennis done and get my brekkies. :D

Hope everyone elses day is a good one.
Sees you later. ;)

Last edited:
Lily - you've done really well so far. Maybe your body does fancy a shake up with the EE & SE days mixed. Might make it more interesting for you, too. ;)

Icebaby - I'd never heard of SE either. Nothing mentioned about it for Online members so would never have known about it if others on here hadn't mentioned it.

Finding it quite easy to do but we'll see if it makes a difference come WI day! :p

Food today: GREEN

1/2 grapefruit
melon
crumble yogurt ~ 0.5 syns
iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

Jacket potato ~ HXB
1/2 creamed mushrooms ~ 4.5 syns
cue/toms/lett/onion/grated carrot
melon

Sticky chicken SW ~ HXB + 5 syns
salad as ^^^
melon

iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

= 2 HXA, 2 HXB + 10 syns

43/105 syns

Off to get my washing in, wii tennis done and get my brekkies. :D

Hope everyone elses day is a good one.
Sees you later. ;)

Hi Crumble

Hope you are having a good day, just started raining here

Lily thanks for the PM I shall print it off later and read it :)

xxxxx

Good morning ladies,
Crumble I totally agree, I think my body really needs a shake up, and that includes my exercise too...concentrated more on the boxing, weights and zumba yesterday, I can but try xx

Jackie you're welcome, if Crumble had an open PM I would have sent it to her too...had to put it up on here for you Crumble (the rules for SE lol).xx
WHAT Tilly...hunt them down you don't know what you're missing hun lol xx

Crumble, what brand are the crumble yogurts? I figured you were the best person to ask ;) xxx

Crumble, what brand are the crumble yogurts? I figured you were the best person to ask ;) xxx

:D Hiya Brightnatty,
They are the Shape ones. Delight I think they're called. Delish!

Tescos are saying 'new' so that might be why some are having trouble finding them. Been out a few weeks tho.

Oh great thanks :) I'll have a look later. Sound lovely!x

Sorted my settings out, Lily. ;)

Got DS1 and GF here today.... arguing. Pete sake, if they want to row take it down the bottom of garden. Bought a love seat just for that purpose. :mad:

I'm cooking the Sticky Chicken, much recommended, today.
Taking the tip about less vinegar on board. ;)

Cool will send you the SE to your PM's then...Sticky Chicken is lovely, same as sticky gammon, that's what we had last night, very very yummy.
Aww love the idea of the love seat, might have to get DD1 and her hubby on one...they talked last night so fingers crossed.
Spent all morning redesigning my youngest's wedding invites...they are very cute ..definitely show off her personality ...still trying to sort them so that I can put one on here...hmmm ...will update that one later xx

Hope things work out for them, Lily.

I didn't know about the sticky gammon. Is that exactly the same marinade then?

The rowing has stop with my two. Now its the slobbering making up.
Think I prefered the rowing. :rolleyes:

Not had the sticky chicken, just assumed it might be the same as the gammon one, but will put up the recipe for the sticky gammon shortly and you can let me know please, plus another couple of fabulous recipes I have found
I have :fingerscrossed: for my dd1 and her hubby, she seems a little happier and they are actually laughing, maybe they just need a break and he needs to be a bit more attentive I think, like most men work comes first xx

Back