Unfinished diary

Cool will send you the SE to your PM's then...Sticky Chicken is lovely, same as sticky gammon, that's what we had last night, very very yummy.
Aww love the idea of the love seat, might have to get DD1 and her hubby on one...they talked last night so fingers crossed.
Spent all morning redesigning my youngest's wedding invites...they are very cute ..definitely show off her personality ...still trying to sort them so that I can put one on here...hmmm ...will update that one later xx

What is sticky chicken and gammon, can someone let me in on this please, its sounds lovely.

Lost 1.5lb today.

Jane x

What is sticky chicken and gammon, can someone let me in on this please, its sounds lovely.

Lost 1.5lb today.

Jane x

well done you...seems just about everyone is losing 1.5lb this week...I will be putting up the sticky gammon recipe shortly, it's very yummy, not had the sticky chicken so would like to compare xx

Sticky Gammon

4 gammon steaks with fat cut off
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1tsp smoked Paprika
fry light
2 deseeded chilli’s (or half a tsp of chilli seeds or to your taste)
Orange zest and half the juice of orange
1 tbsp clear honey
100 ml chicken stock
2tbsp dark soy sauce
Mixed veg or stir fry veg

Method
Sprinkle 5 spice and paprika over gammon and mix well
Sear the gammon until browned
add rest of ingredients
reduce to sticky sauce
Serve with Pasta of choice and salad

Serves 4
1 syn per serving

Or as I had it last night, served with roast paprika wedgies and roast veg (carrots, beetroot, mushrooms, tomatoes and a side salad)

Last edited:
ah just looked at the recipe on SW site for sticky chicken...nothing like the recipe for sticky gammon, the gammon is delicous and equally delicious cold or re-warmed...have to re-warm a lot of meals for my future son in law as he works erratic hours and I have specific meal times lol
Have just finished making all my daughters invites, they are so lovely...I will scan one once they are completely dried and put the post up soon xx

Crumble said:
Sorted my settings out, Lily. ;)

Got DS1 and GF here today.... arguing. Pete sake, if they want to row take it down the bottom of garden. Bought a love seat just for that purpose. :mad:

I'm cooking the Sticky Chicken, much recommended, today.
Taking the tip about less vinegar on board. ;)

Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but it's really funny you bought a love seat for fights!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Think I'm going to have some comfort foods today as I'm in the mood for them.
Its a bit dull and chilly outside so I'm going to spoil myself. :D

Shall start of with a hearty cooked breakfast.
manger3.gif
....... continue with some lovely smoked salmon at lunchtime
manger23.gif
and end with some warming Carrot and Coriander soup. :D

So today is: RED

Bacon
Egg
tomatoes/mushrooms
Baked beans ~ HXB

[STRIKE]
iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn
[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]
Smoked salmon
Scrambled eggs
slice wml toast ~ HXB
tomatoes/mushrooms
[/STRIKE]

crumble yogurt ~ 0.5 syns
2x Bananas

[STRIKE]
Carrot & Coriander soup SW ~ 7 syns
Melon
[/STRIKE]

cereal bar ~ 6 syns
mussels
nectarine

iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

= 1x HXA, 1x HXB + 7.5 syns

50.5/105 syns

Catcha all later. ;)

Edited: couldnt fancy the food I picked so altered.

Last edited:
I think its the realistic noise of the tennis court that I love. :D Always found it relaxing.
However, back a bit sore inbetween the shoulder blades.
Once I realised I could do aces I was belting them out and overdone it. :(

The plan is to take it gently over the weekend because next week I'm trying new tricks.
I'm having a go at wii boxing.
boxe.gif
:p

I think its the realistic noise of the tennis court that I love. :D Always found it relaxing.
However, back a bit sore inbetween the shoulder blades.
Once I realised I could do aces I was belting them out and overdone it. :(

The plan is to take it gently over the weekend because next week I'm trying new tricks.
I'm having a go at wii boxing.
boxe.gif
:p

Hey hun,
Oh do be careful with the soreness in the shoulder blades, I had that and ignored it and it took ages to clear up in the end.
The boxing is such fun and after just 10 mins I am sweating buckets, can only do half hour at a time right now, but it's a good laugh and really get's my wobble going lol
All on my lonesome now and bored, didn't plan any menu today so just winging it...just shared (well an hour ago now) a plate of Chicken Bovril Roasties and Salad with my daughter and her friend, didn't go far between 3 of us, but was absolutely divine :character00100:...I want more lol but can't...going to definitely do them with sunday's dinner, DD2 is always boasting how her roasties are crispier than mine...we'll see sweetie lol xx

wii boxing, now that takes me back .. my husband and daughter never laughed so much as when they watched me try out wii boxing, lol - take it easy, its cruelty!! x

Now then Lily... You know what my next question is going to be. Chicken Bovril potatoes????

I'm new to bovril. Never had it. Is it cubed or powder and do you just sprinkle over?

Trying to think what I fancy for food today and nothing is hitting me between the eyes. Normally I wake up with a clear idea of what I can't live without. Nothing today. :(

Going to take my time and hunt round the website and SW mags for inspiration. Would help if I knew what I had in. :rolleyes:

Morning Ladies, Bovril Roast Potatoes, yum yum yum next is marmite ones lol
Hope you're all having a fantastic day and the sun is shining...aahh just realised that's why I was so sluggish yesterday, was pouring down all day xx

Par boil some potatoes, DO NOT add any salt as Bovril is very salty.
Let them cool a bit and add to a hot pan sprayed with fry light. Spread the Bovril (chicken is best) as thinly as possible (I used a silicon pastry brush to spread it), evenly over the potatoes and then spray again with fry light. Leave in the oven until they are crisp and golden.

It’s best to use bigger potatoes.

You can use Marmite too, just dilute it in a tiny bit of hot water first.

Roast as normal.

I likes the sound of those tatties, I likes them very much.:gimi:

Well I'm having a weird day. Totally disorganized. Can't be mythered, kind of day.

But for Tilly I will try and put up some kind of food today... not keen tho. You should see what I've had. :eek:

It hit me last night that I was only halfway through my syns for the week. Great stuff, I thought. No point having maximum syns if don't need them. Hmmm.

This morning I've got 54.5 syns burning a hole in my pocket and I want to 'spend' them. :drool:

Upshot is, big brekkies of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon followed by a break neck speed drive over to KFC for my beloved Malteser Krushem. (19.5 syns:eek:)
Ohhh but they were definitely syns well spent. :D

I have no regrets. I am shameless and it did fit in with my syns for the week so I'm still on plan. :p

So food today is: RED

scrambled eggs
smoked salmon
grilled mush/tomatoes
slice whm toast ~ HXB

crumble yogurt ~ 0.5 syns

KFC malteser Krushem ~ 19.5 syns

Ham salad
cue/lett/beet/onion/tom
grated carrots/balsamic

[STRIKE]
iced coffee ~ 2x HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn
[/STRIKE]

melon
nectarine
banana

= 1x HXB + 20 syns

70.5/105 syns

I'd planned soup and a ploughmans and all sorts yesterday for today but today is a bit-ser day. A picking day. You know what I mean. Lethal these kind of days if you're not careful. :rolleyes:

DH poorly with bad cold so not doing much today.
204.gif
Can hardly think to type for his snoring. Hate when he's got a blocked nose. Sounds like a warthog.

Oh well, may have a little sleep of my own as really tired and trying to avoid housework. ;)
Quick surf and then nap for me.

edited as didn't get my iced coffee. DH didn't make me one. :mad: Hate it when he gets colds and slacks off. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Exactly the day I had yesterday, all I seemed to want to do was pick and especially at the Bovril roasties, had them twice lol and yoghurt must have had ...no in fact not must have....did have, 6 yesterday, so glad they are only 0.5 syns each, and then picked on fruit all day, no naughties (that I remember, don't really have naughties in the house other than hubbies chocs and I daren't touch them if I want all my fingers to stay intact lol) but lots of little picks.
Feel a lot more like myself today, hope you have a great day and what exactly is a Malteser Krushem, not heard of them before, but then as I don't actually go out that much that's not that surprising lol xx

Back