Unfinished diary

Awww Lily. I'm so sorry about your day. I know you were so looking forward to it yesterday.
Shall nip over to your diary in a mo and see whats been causing the problem. ;)
As been said, kids would hardly be practically living at your home if things like this bothered them. Kids NEVER do what they don't want to do without at least showing a bit of sulking. Well, mine didn't. :rolleyes:

Cold not going the right way but not going to witter. Think the fresh air made it feel better.

Animal park was lovely and relaxing. It was set up especially to help disabled to come side by side with ablebodied equally. Everything geared up for everyone.
Its called a Theraputic Centre and it was indeed theraputic. We loved it.

DS2 is quite a shy lad. Even tho he's 17 he's so quiet and a bit nervy to be honest. Sometimes when a younger child has an older sibbling with probs they have to grow up too quick and life can be a bit serious.
Sooo.....decided he needed new experiences and to chill and have some childish fun so bought wads worth of this animal feed they sell at the entrance desk and off we went.

He wasn't keen. He wasn't going anywhere near the animals, even tho he loved them. Photograph yes, totally into that. Touch...not a chance!
So I grabbed a handful of this smelly feed (oooh it ponged!) and shoved it through the fence, hoping on hope that I was supposed to feed the reindeers and it wasn't going to take my fingers off in front of DS2's very eyes.:eek:

It was the most gentle thing in the world. Its little soft chin was tickling my hand. I couldn't stop giggling so then DS2 shoved his dad forward and risked his fingers, too. :rolleyes:
Finally he joined in. It was lovely to see his face, just like a littlie when they get excited.
I felt just a tinge of sadness when I thought of all he'd missed out on. But no matter..better late than never.

So then we moved onto the llamas, they scoffed loads and if anything were even softer.
Raccoons didn't like the feed. Ungrateful beasts. Meerkats weren't getting any, said they might have a nip. :eek:
Pot bellied pigs troughed it down, as you might expect. Threw it to them, tho. Even I was nervous of the size of their teeth.

Anyway, decided that as he had some much fun feeding and photographing all the animals that we're going to take him off on a few of these trips.
Least photography gets him using the pc for something others than gaming. :rolleyes:
Its healthy for kids to have a hobby and he's never really taken to any before.

I'm waffling. Sorry. I'm just very happy and relaxed AND I didn't go off plan. :D
Picnic went as planned and he only got out the Royal Albert on the picnic table. :8855: Said he was doing it Poirot's way.
Was lovely, tho.

Crumble sounds like you had a fab time :) So glad as you so deserve it :) hope you soon feel better sweetie xxxxx

I would definately recommend reiki. I have something called hypermobility syndrome, so get a lot of trouble with my joints. One of my friends does reiki and I've had a couple of sessions with her, it really is amazing!

So glad you said this. I keep quiet about reiki etc as most people think its mumbo jumbo and I am weird :rolleyes: I love it and I've seen just how much it can help people. I really should do more with it but its time etc xxxxx

What a lovely day. I'm so glad you all enjoyed it :)

I'm laughing about the best china cos we once went somewhere with a picnic and there was a vintage rolls royce rally on at the time. We didn't know it was gonna be on. All the people with these cars had really posh picnic baskets, plates, tables - you name it they had it. It was really embarrassing getting the tesco carrier out with a couple of potted meat sarnies :eek:

I don't know what reiki is so I don't know if Jackie's a nutter or not :)

Awww Lily. I'm so sorry about your day. I know you were so looking forward to it yesterday.
Shall nip over to your diary in a mo and see whats been causing the problem. ;)
As been said, kids would hardly be practically living at your home if things like this bothered them. Kids NEVER do what they don't want to do without at least showing a bit of sulking. Well, mine didn't. :rolleyes:

Cold not going the right way but not going to witter. Think the fresh air made it feel better.

Animal park was lovely and relaxing. It was set up especially to help disabled to come side by side with ablebodied equally. Everything geared up for everyone.
Its called a Theraputic Centre and it was indeed theraputic. We loved it.

DS2 is quite a shy lad. Even tho he's 17 he's so quiet and a bit nervy to be honest. Sometimes when a younger child has an older sibbling with probs they have to grow up too quick and life can be a bit serious.
Sooo.....decided he needed new experiences and to chill and have some childish fun so bought wads worth of this animal feed they sell at the entrance desk and off we went.

He wasn't keen. He wasn't going anywhere near the animals, even tho he loved them. Photograph yes, totally into that. Touch...not a chance!
So I grabbed a handful of this smelly feed (oooh it ponged!) and shoved it through the fence, hoping on hope that I was supposed to feed the reindeers and it wasn't going to take my fingers off in front of DS2's very eyes.:eek:

It was the most gentle thing in the world. Its little soft chin was tickling my hand. I couldn't stop giggling so then DS2 shoved his dad forward and risked his fingers, too. :rolleyes:
Finally he joined in. It was lovely to see his face, just like a littlie when they get excited.
I felt just a tinge of sadness when I thought of all he'd missed out on. But no matter..better late than never.

So then we moved onto the llamas, they scoffed loads and if anything were even softer.
Raccoons didn't like the feed. Ungrateful beasts. Meerkats weren't getting any, said they might have a nip. :eek:
Pot bellied pigs troughed it down, as you might expect. Threw it to them, tho. Even I was nervous of the size of their teeth.

Anyway, decided that as he had some much fun feeding and photographing all the animals that we're going to take him off on a few of these trips.
Least photography gets him using the pc for something others than gaming. :rolleyes:
Its healthy for kids to have a hobby and he's never really taken to any before.

I'm waffling. Sorry. I'm just very happy and relaxed AND I didn't go off plan. :D
Picnic went as planned and he only got out the Royal Albert on the picnic table. :8855: Said he was doing it Poirot's way.
Was lovely, tho.

Sounds like you all had a great time including your son, had to laugh about the china plates on the picnic table, a good day out clears the head and makes you feel good for the rest of the day, you deserve it. x

Sounds like you all had a great time including your son, had to laugh about the china plates on the picnic table, a good day out clears the head and makes you feel good for the rest of the day, you deserve it. x

Thanks so much Jane and Jackie.
And it really does clear your head, doesn't it. :D
Feel like I could deal with anything now. ;)

Hi Crumble, Sorry had to pop out before I got to comment on your posts,
Firstly sounds like you had a fantastic day,all of you ...secondly I read your tale about the pedometer and the china all to Malcy and the kids, we did laugh, have these wonderful visions in my head now lol...they couldn't write anything half as funny as that was lol
Looks like someone was actually looking down on us after all today, as it poured down most of the day, started off lovely and sunny but we definitely would have got soaked had we gone, so every cloud has a silver lining.
Catch you later my lovely xx

Hi Crumble,
Aww bless ya, really hope the colds better soon, I'm with you on the being a bad patient, I hate having colds and I let EVERYONE know it lol
Foots about the same, but I get this every few weeks so I know the score now, can barely walk again today, but after 2 days of creaming and rubbing in all kinds of potions and lotions it will start to feel better tomorrow, by Tuesday (wi day) it will be a little bit better again but not good enough to wear shoes, which is a pain as this Tuesday is the woman of the year votes and I will have to do my bit in me pink fluffy Playboy slippers, mind you they are used to me wearing them to group, if I didn't wear them I wouldn't go, so it's them or nothing lol...it's only the newbies that look at me strange lol
Looks like the cold is doing it's rounds, the 3 kids are definitely coming down with one and that will mean I will get it for sure ...oh well, they'll have given it to me so it's down to them to suffer when I'm miserable lol.
I will eb putting up my menu shortly Crumble, after I have made the alterations, Mal's memory is worse than mine...I remembered to tell him to get the roast out, he forgot then I forgot to remind him lol (I hate the feel of the ice on my hands when the psoriasis is bad ), what a pair eh funny thing is Mal and I are the only 2 in the house that aren't bothered whether we have a roast or not the others are gutted :8855:..oopsie lol xx

Hope DS1 has a fantastic day tomorrow.
Unfortunately I have to wear my slippers a lot of the time, they are all used to seeing me walk in with them on lol...like I said better than not going
I did have a lovely dinner thanks Crumble and as it goes I prefer it to the roast anyway lol xx

I wish I didn't love roasts quite so much but I do. Especially when you have chicken and all that crispy skin.:drool:

I have to do my chicken in the slowcooker now which doesn't crisp the skin so I'm not interested in it. It does make the chicken really succulent tho, so it was a good swap. :D

Well, I'm smiling again today because I had a LOSE. 3.5lbs off this morning. :party0011:
Very happy bunny about that.

So that now means I am 0.5lbs away from my 'tequila sunrise' sticker!
Right, that's me extra motivated to make sure I get it next Monday. :character00115:

Before I start thinking about food (although I already have 1 syn to add as nicked an extra strong mint off DH's bedside table- sore throat, medicinal :whistle:) I want to go do the fun bit. Changing the tickers and details..:woohoo:

Back in a bit.

Whooooo whooooo Crumble what a fab loss again. Way to go girl :talk017: very proud of you hun

Goodluck to DS1 hope all goes well , from another mummy who hates the first days of anything

Lily if your pink fluffy slippers are comfy then you wear them sweetie. I really hope the foot is more comfortable for you tomorrow :D

Do you do the whole chicken in the slow cooker? Is it okay? Never tried it hence asking xxxxx

Thanks Jackie. I'm very pleased, as indeed must you be this morning. ;)
Just read that you're nearly out of the 16s. I've not even been in them since my 20s. Can't wait to get there now. :D

Regarding slowcooker- yep I put the whole thing in. I have a 5.5ltr one and a largish chicken fits in fine.
I just lay the chicken on either two lemon halves or some onions.
Heard you don't need to but I always put about half a cup of water in too.

I pop mine in about half 10 on low and its ready for early tea. YUMMY!

Back