Universal Contour Wrap

I used to have them when I was slim (about 9 stone) before a holiday just to flatten down the tum and pull in the bum!

At that time I wasn't so focused on the inch loss but they did leave my skin really silky and smooth.

I would definitely have another one.....ooooooo you got me thinking now - i'll have to go and treat myself:)

I have been looking into this more and all the reviews I have found on google are positive.

But the thought of standing infront of a beautician in nothing but a paper thong while she smears mud all over me freaks me out to say the least. You can get the DIY kits to do at home for about £50. Has anyone tried one of these??

I'm a beautician and we do them in our salon and I must say they do really work -you will find you loosr it from random places like your wrist sometimes but overall the inch loss is good and your skin feels lush afterwards!

They also do the gaurantee where if you come back for another in 2 weeks and if you havent put on weight etc you should have kept the inches off. Def worth a go even if it is just for the nice smooth skin.

Nxx

oh and we dont smear mud anymore as the bandages are wrapped in the muddy go all ready so we litterlay just bandage you up like a mummy! :) Once you've seen one nake body you've seen them all!

I had a course of 3 before my wedding ,I lost a total of 25 inch !!! but remember this is all over,head to toe !!! I did lose 3 inch off each knee which was great for me as they are a big problem.I did not feel this in clothes but knew 23 inch down in my head which make you feel better

Hi, I've been lurking on these threads for ages but never actually replied but as I can answer your question, I thought I would give it a go. I tried the home kit about 3 months ago. I did it twice and didn't lose any inches at all, it was a complete dead loss. Having now lost over 8 stones, and it being my birthday last week I asked hubby for a course of 3 professional salon universal contour wraps and had my first one on Friday just gone.

The difference between the home treatment and the salon one is amazing. I lost just over 13 inches in my first treatment and I am sure that I can both see it and feel it in clothes. As for the icky nature of it all, please don't worry about the naked mirror bit. My therapist was absolutely lovely and I didn't feel at all uncomfortable, even though I'm not in the least bit in the habit of taking my kit off in front of other people.

The only thing to be aware of - although not afraid of - is that it is quite an uncomfortable treatment, you are wrapped up so tight that you can't bend your arms or legs and they even wrap all around your head...I lost a fraction of an inch from my jawline! Once you are wrapped you spend an hour in the bandages and I was offered the choice to stand or to lie down. The therapist warned that if you lie down the bandages can be a bit constricting on the ribcage and neck and she was right! However, I'm going back for treatment part 2 on Saturday and fully intend to lie down again as I think overall it would be more comfortable than standing up for an hour all trussed up! As long as you know about it and remember to take shallow breaths, it's all absolutely fine.

In summary, I would definitely recommend the salon treatment but please don't waste your money on the home kits as you just can't wrap the bandages tight enough to have any effect. Another final point is that the home kit I had contained 2 bandages - I didn't count them but I reckon that the therapist had at least 25-30 bandages prepared for my session and she used them all on me.

Go for it, and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Tina

Ooh thanks Tina,

I suspected the home kit wouldnt be as good as the salon but I would have expected some inch loss. I suppose in this case it is best to leave it to the professionals.

Have you lost all your weight now or do you still have some to lose? Is 8 days about the norm in between treatments? How is your skin/cellulite/stretch marks since having it done?

Sorry for all the questions but as Ive said, im really worried about the getting naked bit and if Im going to do it its got to be good!!

Finally, will you let me know how many inches you lose after your second session on Saturday please.

No problem Sam,
I've still got around 16 -25 pounds to go...not sure yet exactly where I will stop! I've gone from a size 24 to a size 14 in 6 months and I've got major cellulite. My saddlebags are like camel's humps - on my right side particularly. I also have a tummy like Austrian blinds and the skin on my inner thighs is quite saggy. (What a glorious picture I paint of myself!!) I also have bingo wings that I'm sure I could take off with if the wind blew too hard. I found that the saddlebag on my left side went down noticeably whereas the one on the right looks very much the same to me - according to the measurements I lost 2 inches from each thigh in that area. My tummy was noticeably smoother and less saggy and I lost 7/8 of an inch from each bingo wing and the skin at the front of my upper arm, just down from my armpit is noticeably smoother. I wore a halter necked top yesterday, something I have never done before. It can take time to break down stubborn areas so I'm hoping for more noticeable improvement on my right thigh on Saturday.
My therapist said that I should have each treatment between 7-10 days apart and apparently it continues to work even after the treatment for the next 3-4 days. I have been told to only wash 'strategic areas'! and to stay out of the shower for the maximum impact. Also, all our water drinking helps to flush out the toxins too.
I'll come back next week to let you know how session 2 went.
Regards
Tina

Thanks for that info Tina - I'm intending booking a course of 3 of these, but also dreading stripping off in front of a stranger :eek:!

Well done on your fantastic weight loss, that's an amazing achievement in that time :clap:

Tina,

thanks so much for going into so much detail for me. I think Im just going to have to bite the bullet and go for it. Its my birthday in september so I should be another stone down by then making about 4 stone in total with 3 - 4 stone left to go. I'll see if I can persuade hubby to pay for it.

Cant wait to hear the results of session 2.

thanks again Tina.

I rang a few salons to check out the prices of these this morning.

I am still a little apprehensive about the but I am viewing it as an investment in me as opposed to a treat ;).

I think I will opt for a course of 3 - will let you all know how I go.

Thanks for the feedback on this thread - it has been really useful and much appreciated!!

think i might have to give this a try, just hope the salon where i went for the spray tan not long ago does it as i know the woman and didnt bother me stripping down to my knicks

They really are a good treatment, and you dont have to have your head wrapped if you dont fancy it.

What happens is we wrap you in the bandages all tight but not wear you cant move or breathe! Then put you in this space man silver suit which is so funny with some little booties htings on your feet. Then it all depends on which salon you go to for the nest bit, we put our clients in a massage chair and leave them on their own to relax and get warm. Some of our clients opt to have another treatment while they are wrapped up such as a manicure/pedicure or even a facial. Once you'e been in in for about 45 mins or so we unwrap you and re-measure you in exactly the same place (there are so many marking from floor up etc to ensure it is the same place!) and hey presto your slimmer lady with lovely skin lol!

The home kits aren't quite the same though you dont get the same amount of bandages and the application is never as good. You have to go through an intensive 2 day course before being qualified to do the Univ. Con. wraps so you can be safe in the knowledge that your therapist knows what she is doing and has been fully traines.

I'd def reccommend it if you fancy loosing a few inches and feeling good about yourself! :)
N xx

Thank you for the expert info Natalie - I know that the inch loss can last for some time if you don't put any weight on - but if I was to have say a course of 3-6 with one every 7-10 days would any of the inch loss be permanent? and would I lose more inches everytime I went?

Thank you in advance :)

PS - in previous post I missed a word out :doh: - I am apprehensive about the price!!

I had a course of three - they improved my cellulite and the inch loss in the first session was done by her pulling the tape tight (I measured before and when I got home) - apart from - oddly - my ribcage and upper abdomen where there was a real difference.

The therapist said she had a home set but said that it makes too much mess and you only get 6 bandages so you can only do one area at a time so she never uses it.

Now that I am 4 stone lighter (I had the session after I had lost my first 4 stone) I wouldn't repeat the course as I think the inchloss claims are rubbish, but the way it makes your skin feel and the improvement to my cellulite so quickly was well worth it!

I have had this done and never ever had my head wrapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or found it unplesent,I fell to sleep for a hour last time,
It was a great treat away from the kids !!!

Hi all, I went back for my second universal contour wrap today and lost another 12 inches. This makes just over 25 inches over the two and I have the final one next Saturday. I would definitely recommend this treatment as it seems to really work.

I'm beginning to feel vain!

Can blokes have these too?

Back