unofficial recipes with food packs

Yum I just made a Veggie Burger!:

1 veg soup pack.
roughly 100ml water, give or take (made it quite thick consistency, stuck to the spoon)
1 sweetener & tabasco (optional but I think was nice with, made it more believable that it was sweet potato inside or something!)

Mixed them together and microwaved in a thick mug for 1.30mins ish, til it was like a dough consistency. Mixed a couple of times in between.
Squished it into the shape of a burger. Grilled it until browned on both sides.

Voila, tasted just like veggie burger! (which I happen to like anyway)

Just wanted to say thanks!

I made this for my supper, just as you described and it was yummy!!!
Made me feel like I was really eating something ( and not sweet for a change)...and with the tabasco, it's quite spicy, so enjoyed it with a nice big glass of sparkling water! Lovely! :)

Ooh that sounds yummy! I tried to make a (chicken) poppadom the other night and not only was most of it burnt, but it was the saltiest thing I've ever tasted. Bleh.

I shall attempt a veggie burger tonight! If it turns out hilariously wrong (likely) I shall post a photo.

Ooh that sounds yummy! I tried to make a (chicken) poppadom the other night and not only was most of it burnt, but it was the saltiest thing I've ever tasted. Bleh.

I shall attempt a veggie burger tonight! If it turns out hilariously wrong (likely) I shall post a photo.

Haven't tried making poppadoms yet Bea...but the veggie burger was easy enough....it actually makes you want to glug some water aswell, as it's got a bit of a kick, so the sparkling water felt like a treat with it.
And I was thinking, I hope it doesn't make me hungry after just a tiny burger, but I was so full ~ our tummies must have shrunk! :p

Haven't tried making poppadoms yet Bea...but the veggie burger was easy enough....it actually makes you want to glug some water aswell, as it's got a bit of a kick, so the sparkling water felt like a treat with it.

It IS yummy! I made it last night! I actually had a failed attempt at first - it was looking too watery so I panicked and added some Bouillon, then it was looking too thick, so I added more water... was a total mess in the end and had to chuck it away(!).

But the second time I followed the instructions to a T. Not great at squishing it into a burger shape, but I made a sort of onion bhaji-looking thing and really enjoyed eating it daintily off a tea plate with a fork.

And - yes - was full! Here's to smaller tummies :)

Last edited:
Bea, I know exactly what you mean about the bhaji. :p

It is hot and difficult to squish into a burger isn't it? I used a spoon and a big serving spoon to get the shape on my 2nd attempt and it was much better.

BTW, if it looks too watery, don't chuck it, just keep microwaving until it gets drier and it still works! :)

they all sound really good, i wish i knew about these when i was on LL. i think i might have stuck with it if i knew half of the things you can do with the packs!

dumpling!

just made the chicken stuffing recipe and loved it - so nice to chew something. But I would say it was more like a dumpling....yum!

just made the chicken stuffing recipe and loved it - so nice to chew something. But I would say it was more like a dumpling....yum!

Can someone tell me what the dumpling/stuffing chicken recipe is, please??

I'm open to new ideas since I love my veggie burger/bhaji! :p

I tried Thai Chilli Crisps for the first time tonight - bloomin lovely !:D

Made the veggie burger a few nights back and damn so niceeeeeeeee

Hi everyone
I started LL yesterday and its going ok so far , dont like the soups at all so when i found these recipes i thought i would give them a go , starting with the crisps ?????????
i think I overcooked them a little but I couldnt get them off the greaseproof paper !! what a waste lol , am gonna try the veggie burger once my hubbys homemade fish and chips are cooked ! :mad:

made the veggie burger !!! I am eating it as we speak and its quite yummy . much more easier to swallow than the soup !
cant wait to try the other recipes esp the maltesers and choc bars :D

Awesome! Thank you! x

Back