Unpopular opinion..

jaylou said:
A slimming world curry is not as nice, or nicer than one from the takeaway. Fact.

Yes you're so right! I love curry and I've tried really hard to like the SW one but it just tastes like tomatoes an cinnamon to me (random but I think I must be really sensitive to cinnamon)

I like this thread, I love to hear what people really think. Personally i cannot abide mullerlights and find them quite revolting.

can't stand quorn full stop.. would rather have real meat.. smash pizza is vile
most things takes too long to prep and cook
and sometimes the syns really are worth it.

I help out weigh-in, to the woman that moans each week as she's not losing ' well if you do insist on eating 6 alpen bars a day you wont lose weight'. Blaming your husband because he does the shopping is not an excuse either.

But agree with the smash pizza I'm sorry its jsut wrong.

ha ha - loving reading these!!!

Though I do like the quiche and 1/2 syn cake

My consultant tells us her tip for getting a choc fix - quark with choc options in and apples dipped in it - well that would no way even attempt to satisfy a choc craving I might have!!!

Hate slimming world quiches with the pasta n sauce bases bleurghhh but I hate pasta n sauce too. Just make a plain old frittata instead!

Also I've not tried the smash pizza, it just sounds awful, mashed potatoe as a pizza base

Now I love quorn, but then again I was eating it way before SW as I've been a vegetarian for the last seven years. What I don't get is when people eat quorn even though they don't enjoy it just because it is low in syns! If you like meat sausages have them and syn them! Don't eat something you don't enjoy ;)

Mine are:

Hi Fi bars are all rank especially Rocky Roads.

SW recipes are nearly all written by people terrified of flavour!

The website would be easier to navigate if it were all in Russian.

Why would anyone want to have mugshots? They're called that because they are criminally disgusting!

There are loads of different vegetables and even more ways of cooking them, saying you don't like then won't eat them isn't acceptable from a two year old let alone adults!

If you want to change your shape/weight you're going to HAVE to make changes to the way you shop, cook, eat, and maybe change your lifestyle.

Fruit after your meal is NOT 1/3 superfree on your plate!

Just thought of another one

Yes, it is more expensive to eat healthily - that is just a fact, but guess what? It's still a damn sight cheaper than the wheelchair you'll need at the age of 40 cos your diabetes is so bad they had to chop your leg off!

Just thought of another one

Yes, it is more expensive to eat healthily - that is just a fact, but guess what? It's still a damn sight cheaper than the wheelchair you'll need at the age of 40 cos your diabetes is so bad they had to chop your leg off!

What this fine lady said!!!

Oh, and to add to this, just because Alpen Lights and Mullerlights can be part of SW, it doesn't mean you actually have to spend a fortune buying and eating them!

I think we must spend a lot less these days, our weekly shop is anywhere from £30 - £50 depending on whether we're stocking up on meat ect. and we may do a £10-£20 top up during the week as well. However before we used to go shopping a few times a week spending between £20 and £40 each time. We'd be eating a large bag of crisps plus some chocolate and or cakes each evening which all adds up.

Even if it does cost more to eat healthy, I actually really couldn't bring myself to buy the unhealthy cheap food now. I actually couldn't eat like that. But to be fair I think we used to be quite expensive unhealthy eaters in the first place, we used to buy enchilada kits which are quite expensive, have loads of cheese and garlic bread with everything we ate. Yes we used to buy the cheap ones, but when your having them everyday again it all adds up.

Mine are:

The website would be easier to navigate if it were all in Russian.

Agree with this, also what is with the SW app?! I have the android one, not sure what the iPhone one is like but jeeez I pay £20 a month for that membership and they can't make the app a little bit more functional?!

Should'nt we be concentrating on all the positive things abt SW ?. it has changed my life in so many ways all positive. The only bad thing i could say is that Rocky Road Hifi are not always available at group but i guess thats cos there popular and sell before i get to the shop section xx

Should'nt we be concentrating on all the positive things abt SW ?. it has changed my life in so many ways all positive. The only bad thing i could say is that Rocky Road Hifi are not always available at group but i guess thats cos there popular and sell before i get to the shop section xx

There are tons of positive SW threads, this isn't about not being positive though, it's about people's thoughts! Seems we are pretty much thinking along the same lines on here!!!

pasta and sauce/mugshots and the like are not real food and I hate that SW seems to push them, especially the pushing of p'n's as a snack?! it should be as a part of a meal, there's far too much in it for a mere snack!

Back