up and down days please help

alibambino

Hi everyone i am currently on Exante but have been reading posts on here for a while. I watched the horizon programme this week and was very impressed with the results, so will be moving over here after my holidays. One question i have been worrying about is, my other half works every weekend, and is off tues,wed, thurs night,so wanted to be able to have my up calories on his nights off. So if i do up days on a mon wed and fri and sun and down days tues thurs and sat. or am i supposed to do more down days than up in a week, say up days on tues,thurs and saturday and down days on a mon wed fri and sun.
If that makes sense?

From monday to sunday I do: Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Up/Int

On sundays I do an intermediate day (like regular calorie counting) because I find 4 up days could cause a gain... Guess it depends how much you eat on up days....

Make sure you don't have two downs beside each other. thats not recommended because it negates the updown effect and your body will dampen its metabolic rate.

You can do your down days whenever you want as long as its alternating =)

i think most posters on here follow mon, weds, fri as downs then tue, thur, sat and sun as ups so you get the whole wkend as an Up but balance out with the 3 downs in the week. i think you can do 2 Ups together but not advisable to do two Downs as the body goes into starvation mode and holds onto fat. at the moment, im starting with just straight Up/Down so its thurs/sat/mon/wed Up then fri/sun/tue/thurs Down for the coming week rather than doing 2 Ups in a row but that'll change for me in a couple of weeks time as i need 2 Ups for the bank hol wkend! then it'll be the mon/wed/fri Down and tue/thur/sat/sun Up from then on. hope that makes sense!

ive just joined from cambridge, this is my first day on Juddd and want to lose another stone so am hoping this way of eating will work for me as i need something long term that produces good results and allows me to maintain with treats but without overindulging! good luck!

I have crossed over from slim & save, I was struggling with the diet, after doing CD I was looking for something different and was inspired by the horizon programme.
Today is my UD yet I am still careful what I'm eating, I'm a bit nervous of bread and pasta still.
Yesterday was my DD and I had S&S shakes which was fine as I knew I had and up day coming ;)

Thanks for all your help me and my oh have been doing exante for 5 weeks and are staying on it for another 9 weeks till our holiday, then hopefully starting on Judd, as it will fit in with our family better than any other diet. Although I am worried about gaining after a vlcd, so it will be interesting to see how others doing the vlcd get on with it.

Hi and welcome, I remember you from the pregnancy without the pounds forum, you had your DD a couple of months before I had my youngest, she is 2 in Nov, well I hope its you or I have got all confused which isn't unusual to be honest ) Anyway, you can do the days in any order you like as already said but do try to avoid 2 DD s together but 2 UP s are fine, hope you join us when you come back fro your hols and just to say that the majority swapping from a VLCD to juddd , there have been lots, either STS or lose, there have been a small number who have gained but its been very small amounts. I myself lost 2 lbs in the change over x

Back