Updates from Random Name

So long as you're still losing weight that's what matters. Also, you need to be thinking about maintenance now because you're nearly there! Hope to hear you've reached goal very soon!

Okay, back again. 8 months later. And about 10 pounds extra. It’s not far off my one-year anniversary actually so it’s good timing to get back into this. What have I missed?

I ended up throwing out a bunch of unused out of date packs recently. This bought back memories of how unpleasant the mushroom soup tasted and trying to force it down. I never finished those last 6 packs (and I don’t think I’d even try). Weight gain has been gradual, slowly a little here, a little there, clothes feeling a bit tighter, no big deal, and then in the last week bam! - 5 extra pounds. Now, this is probably water retention or hormonal stuff and temporary weight gain, but it took me straight over my warning weight. Drastic action needed!

I put in a new order today and waiting for it to arrive ASAP. I’m keyed up now to get started so no point hanging around to loose motivation. I need to get safely back below that warning weight (11 stone). Admittedly, that isn’t millions of pounds away, but I tend to lose weight slowly, so it will take awhile to get back there.

Until my pack arrives, I’ll be doing low carb and calorie week on normal food. That’s what I have been doing (mostly) for the last few months, so it’s not too much of a shock yet, but it’s literally only been 24 hours! How long does it take? Anyone have any ideas on what I should be doing to tide myself over until then?

I chose some new products like maple syrup pancakes & double chocolate bar into my bumper pack bar that didn’t exist before and some old reliables while avoiding meals and soups (they’re alright, but I’ve eaten enough of them this last year). What tastes good? Or, any prep tips? I avoided the eggs since the reviews seemed to be mixed.

I ordered enough for 3 weeks, which pretty much takes me right up to a holiday at the start of July depending on when the pack arrives. By then, I’m expecting to be under my warning weight and hopefully a little extra. Perhaps not continuing onwards with exante….or maybe I will. Weight loss can be addictive and I would like to be lower than that, but I’ll figure that out later. Gotta focus on present goals. For this week, these are:

Immediate Goals:

1. Get through first day
  2. Get through second day
  3. Hold strong on low carb and low calorie until Friday
  4. Prepare homemade breakfast, lunch and dinner until Friday; avoid temptation to purchase lunch at work!
  5. Keep up dance class, and also get to circuits class this week and at least one walk.
  6. Lose 1 pound
  7. Drink pint water daily
  8. On Saturday, start exante products (or sooner, whenever the pack arrives!)

This post is getting quite long. I’ll leave things here and check in again tomorrow to report weight loss and whether I’ve accomplished goal 1 and goal 2.

Reporting 6 pound loss! Yay! I wasn’t expecting that! I was thinking maybe half a pound based on my previous experiences.

However, I mentioned in my last post day 5 pounds pretty much came on overnight, so it’s only fair that it might disappear like that too. Easy come, easy go. In that case, the scales isn’t gonna budge for at least a week or it will be tiny fluctuating changes. And it’s probably water weight etc (I could still go up again tomorrow). So the hard work really starts here.

One week down. Well, it depends on how you count the days. I officially started dieting a week ago, but only started on exante products on Wednesday.

On the second day, I had a dramatic and unfortunately temporary weight loss but what matters is that I’m still down from the beginning and basically down the amount I predicted.

Desired weight loss: 9-12 pounds

Actual Weight Loss
Week 1: 2 pounds
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Total weight loss: 2 pounds

Weight Loss Aims:
Week 1: 1.5
Week 2: 1.75
Week 3: 1.5
Week 4: 1.5
Week 5: STS
Week 6: STS
Week 7: 1.25
Week 8: 1
Week 9: 0.5
Total weight loss aim: 9 pounds

I might not even manage those 9 pounds! However, I tried to put down realistic and potentially achievable aims. I’m anticipating 1-2 pounds weight loss every week except for the two weeks that I’m away on holidays. We’ll just have to see!

Well done on the 2lb loss RN. writing your actual & predicted weight loss is a good way to help you stay focused.

Good luck next week xx

That’s another pound gone. A little under my predicted estimate, but that’s fine. TOTM just started yesterday, so I reckon that’s had an impact on loss, but it might impact next week too.

Desired weight loss: 9-12 pounds

Actual Weight Loss
Week 1: 2 pounds
Week 2: 1.25
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Total weight loss: 3.25 pounds

Weight Loss Aims:
Week 1: 1.5
Week 2: 1.75
Week 3: 1.5
Week 4: 1.5
Week 5: STS
Week 6: STS
Week 7: 1.25
Week 8: 1
Week 9: 0.5
Total weight loss aim: 9 pounds

Hi. Welcome back. Sounds like you're doing well!

Back