Upset tummy :(

Bellisdaisy

Hi all - sorry to keep coming at you with questions! I have read that some side effects of this diet are constipation, however since about day 4 of attack and into day 2 of cruise where I am now I seem to be having the opposite problem :( I am getting really gripey pain too. I have had IBS this way in the past and am wondering if this way of eating has triggered it again. Has anybody else had this problem? Will I be ok to take peppermint oil too do you think? Thanks in advance and apologies for TMI!

Hi hun, I occasionally suffer with IBS but thankfully have had no problems with the diet. It may be a change in diet and the lack of carbs is making your body react. Some people suffer in the first days of the diet, headachy/flu like symptoms. Only time I've had tummy ache is when I've had too many sugar free sweets or gum LOL.

Hi all - sorry to keep coming at you with questions! I have read that some side effects of this diet are constipation, however since about day 4 of attack and into day 2 of cruise where I am now I seem to be having the opposite problem :( I am getting really gripey pain too. I have had IBS this way in the past and am wondering if this way of eating has triggered it again. Has anybody else had this problem? Will I be ok to take peppermint oil too do you think? Thanks in advance and apologies for TMI!

I don't suffer with IBS and I had the exact same as you. Tail end of Attack and into Cruise. It passed a couple of days later and I haven't had that problem since. I'm not sure about the peppermint oil. Maybe peppermint tea would be a safer bet?

Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well :(.

Not sure if this may be a cause, but have you been consuming a lot of artificial sweetener/sugar-free products? This can upset your stomach sometimes.

Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well :(.

Not sure if this may be a cause, but have you been consuming a lot of artificial sweetener/sugar-free products? This can upset your stomach sometimes.

Thanks everyone. That could be it actually as I have been using sweetener in my oat bran mixes (made muffins/cookie/galettes) and also chewing sugar free gum and had one or two of the aldi sugar free sweets yesterday too!!

I will try to avoid them today! I have struggled to behave with it over the weekend as traditionally when I've been 'dieting', I have rewarded myself from a good week by having a few indulgences at the weekend!! My husband has been doing this with me and he has given himself the weekend off and there has been all sorts of goodies in the house for him and the kids :( I have stuck with it but been manically chewing gum etc to stop myself feeling I am missing out!!! He is coming back on it with me today though :)

A nice reward for sticking with it though is another 1.8lb off since Friday!

Fantastic will power there, now you know all them treats can be avoided great loss x

It does get easier avoiding the sweets and carbs. I don't miss them these day. I do occaisionally have a mini cheat.....as it its happened twice LOL. I nick three chips from the plates of DH and DD before handign them over. It seems to satisfy the wishings....I say that cos its not a craving, more a 'I wish I could have some'

I was thinking about pasta and rice earlier and thinking...hmm don't think I could stomache the taste of it or the feel of it in my mouth. Making my cringe now thinking about it. Goodness knows how I will cope when it comes to conso. Long way off yet thou. LOL.

Hi all

I started the Dukan Diet on Wednesday and this morning (without meaning to give TMI) had to rush to the toilet.

I don't know if it's the oatbran getting to work, but as Ceridwen mentioned, I have been drinking quite a lot of diet drinks and know that they say on the label that they are a source of phenylalanine, which can have a laxative effect.

I've also noticed that today my diet pepsi tastes exceptionally sweet. I assume that because I'm eating pure protein that my tastebuds have become over sensitive to the artificial sweeteners?

Well, I was going to make some cookies and meringues and other 'dessert' goodies, but don't know now if I will think them too sweet. Never mind, think I'll try them anyway and see how it goes!!

Looking forward to my first week's weigh-in, as I can already feel my trousers are looser!!

Woohoo!!

welcome Carole, its probs the change in diet, the whoosh happened to me too, but it settled. Good luck try you treats just use less sweetner good luck x

I can sympathise. You may notice personal triggers. Mine is onion! X

Common triggers:

Onion
Brocolli
Cabbage
Coffee
Alcohol
Aspartemine etc
.....High Protein "diets"!!

Back