Upset with friends or should that be ex friends..

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm feeling a little peed off, jealous, left out etc..loads of emotions..

My H has been friend's with 3 guys since school.

No.1 - Got married a few months after us & have 2 wee kids same age as ours
No.2 - Lives with his girlfriend & has a 2 year old
No. 3 - Is engaged & getting married in a few weeks

Tonight they are all going out to dinner for No.3's fiancees birthday and the others are going to their wedding in a few weeks, one of them is best man.

Before we married/had kids we used to all go out together & all the girls got on but we've only seen couple no.1 since

We're not invited tonight or 2 the wedding. I'm sitting here feeling annoyed etc even if we couldn't go it would've been nice to be asked.

I think we'll just cut them out of our lives completely. I'm sad for H as they've been friend's years (H is 38)

I don't even know what we've done.:(

They do know that we're not invited. The thing is my H saved the life of the guy from couple 3 when they were younger!!

I think we'll just meet up with couple 3 and just cut the others off X

I'm confused. Isn't it couple 3 who are excluding you from things though? isn't it their meal and their wedding that you haven't been invited to? So why keep seeing them and exclude the others?

Oops I meant couple 1 they live near us & have 2 wee ones the same age as our babies..

I am sorry you have been upset by H's *friends*. I know how much it hurts. No matter how much you tell yourself you don't care, deep down you do.

All I can tell you is that you will get over it and that in this life we have to accept that there are people who pass into and then out of our lives. Some leave nothing but happiness behind, some like this group leave a feeling of bewilderment.

The secret BB, of coming through it is to realise that this is how life is meant to be and that it will happen again. Accept that it is life and not you, accept that there is nothing wrong with you.

Your real, good friends will always be there. My true friends have been around for 20, 30 and 40 years. There are still folks that pop in and out of our lives, sometimes I am baffeled as to why but I no longer lose any sleep over it.

You know BB the only difference between you and I is that I have a fair few more miles on the clock than you so have had more of the "poppers" come and go.

Sleep well and be assured it is not you..........you are a lovely, kind, caring person and I am proud to know you.

I am sorry you have been upset by H's *friends*. I know how much it hurts. No matter how much you tell yourself you don't care, deep down you do.

All I can tell you is that you will get over it and that in this life we have to accept that there are people who pass into and then out of our lives. Some leave nothing but happiness behind, some like this group leave a feeling of bewilderment.

The secret BB, of coming through it is to realise that this is how life is meant to be and that it will happen again. Accept that it is life and not you, accept that there is nothing wrong with you.

Your real, good friends will always be there. My true friends have been around for 20, 30 and 40 years. There are still folks that pop in and out of our lives, sometimes I am baffeled as to why but I no longer lose any sleep over it.

You know BB the only difference between you and I is that I have a fair few more miles on the clock than you so have had more of the "poppers" come and go.

Sleep well and be assured it is not you..........you are a lovely, kind, caring person and I am proud to know you.

Thanks so much, that's made me feel so much better..XXXX

Try not to spend anymore of your time getting annoyed, mad etc with this couple. It's their wedding & they've invited who they want to, whether you've been invited or not.

Just put this issue to one side. Take a look at your family, your wedding and just see are lucky you are to have such a loving family around you, how much happiness you have without them in your lives. Live is far too short to spend time on this type of thing.

HH - No they're having a big posh wedding no expense spared. I think it's actually the fiancee as she thinks she's better than us.

Ah well you are all right, someone said to me a few years back you can count your true friends on 1 hand & I'm lucky that I've got my friends who are there for me any time.

I just feel upset for H but he'll get over it. XX

I'm confused here. I know blokes don't usually get involved in this stuff like women do, but can't your husband hadve a word with his mate then?

If it was me/us i'd be asking what the score was. Though to be honest I wouldn't be overyly bothere as long as I was asked on the stag do lol.

I trust his new wife isn't picking his mates already!

I'm confused here. I know blokes don't usually get involved in this stuff like women do, but can't your husband hadve a word with his mate then?

If it was me/us i'd be asking what the score was. Though to be honest I wouldn't be overyly bothere as long as I was asked on the stag do lol.

I trust his new wife isn't picking his mates already!

He wasn't even asked to the stag do. H is stubborn & says sod them. As you say it was me more concerned but I've got over it now. I've got my own friends & good luck to them. X

He wasn't even asked to the stag do. H is stubborn & says sod them. As you say it was me more concerned but I've got over it now. I've got my own friends & good luck to them. X

Actually BB that tells you everything.

Get rid of them......................

Tbh your fella has got the right idea and mine is very similar in his attitude - if somone doesnt give a monkies about him why should he care?! Im at an age now where everyone is getting married off and having kids and it does impact on friendships.

Back