Red Days Used to EE but want to try red?

Oooh peacelilly that casserole sounds yum dont usually add spices but can imagine it gives it a bit of a kick :) x

Yes was brill. I still have some. Will post recipe later

Pete's Spicy chicken casserole
(serves 2 though I doubled all the quantities and chucked a few more mushrooms and an onion in)

2 chicken breasts cubed (I used thighs as I find them more moist)
Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
1 large leek
1/2 red and 1/2 green pepper deseeded and cut into strips
1/2 pint chicken stock
2 large mushrooms chopped into pieces
1 tsp allspice ( the original recipe said mixed spice but I think that's the one that you use in cakes so I used allspice)
1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt and pepper

Place the chopped chicken into a pan sprayed with frylight and lightly brown. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Put all the ingredients into a casserole dish (or slow cooker) and bring to the boil. Cook for 1-2hours.
(sorry but didn't take down temperatures as I don't need them but either on a low simmer on the top or in the oven at about 140-160)

Yum yum that looks yummy! :) x thanks for posting recipe :) i have just put a beef type cassetole in slow cooker!

Browned off some beef with red and white onions, made a gravy stock with boiled warer, beef and vedge oxo cubes, mixed herbs, granulated garlic, peppercorns, ground black pepper and splash of worcestor sauce mixed thrn poured in dlow cooker, added broccolli, carrots, runner beans, coluflour, mushrooms and leeks and now waiting for it to slowly cook ready for dinner :) csnt wait yum yum!

Had gammon steak, boiled eggs and mushrooms for lunch! Was nice not having to force down salad with it like on EE days as just get a bit sick of it lol nice fof a change :)

Went out to friends last night for dinner and thry cooked us steak with SW chips and salad it was really nice! So pleased we cam still eat out whilst sticking to plan still :) x

Sorry for the bad spelling lol my phone is really hard to type correctly lol :)

Back