Useful & Interesting tip from my LLC!

My goodness, all this science talk is making my head hurt on a Sunday afternoon :silly:

lol sorry for the berrage of facts there Hannah, I've read up on some much of the background workings to LL that I could probably write a book on it at this point! :8855:

My old LLC always said go into RTM at your "goal" weight. Most people lose more during the first couple of weeks because you are still on very low cals, but as you complete the weeks you should end up where you started. It balances out (there or there abouts) over the 12 weeks of RTM.

while on a VLCD like LL of CD, you DO.NOT.LOSE.MUSCLE.

your body will not turn to it's muscle stores for energy while it has fat - it will only burn muscle instead of fat in "starvation" mode, which CAN'T happen on a VLCD so long as you have all your packs and water.

while on a vlcd, your body may start to burn muscle and not fat IF you do a lot of high impact aerobic exercise - this is because the type of fuel your body needs for this type of exercise (high impact aerobic exercise) is CARBS and your body doesn't have this while on vlcd....your body is unable to convert fat quickly enough to sustain this type of exercise and so burns lean muscle :eek: not good

BUT nothing to be concerned about as long as you follow LL / CD guidelines about the type of exercise you do while on vlcd.....

Debz x

while on a vlcd, your body may start to burn muscle and not fat IF you do a lot of high impact aerobic exercise.............
...........BUT nothing to be concerned about as long as you follow LL / CD guidelines about the type of exercise you do while on vlcd.....

Exactly, so long as you follow the guidelines to the letter and don't try to alter or cheat your way through, you'll be safe

*feels Petes sigh of relief from the oter side of the county.*

:D

Exactly, so long as you follow the guidelines to the letter and don't try to alter or cheat your way through, you'll be safe

thank gawd you agree with me :p lol

Debz x

lol! I don't try and be agumentative, only tell people the facts! :p

I know - was just kiddin.....liked your response about muscle being heavier than fat - that one gets me too......:rolleyes:

Debz x

Back