Useful Shop Sizing Help

JezVonSavage

Lost in the Supermarket
Sorry if it's been posted before, had a search but couldn't find it about the SW boards. It's a nice way to fathom your size in different shops.

What Size Am I?

According to this I'm a 16 in Jaeger, an 18 in Monsoon and a 20 in New Look :confused:

Iv just tried this and checked Dorthy Perkins. It size 18-20 for me but I were a size 16-18 in jeans and a size 16 top

Hmmmm...so it's useless then, haha.

There is no way I'd get into a 16 in Karen Millen!!

It's quite accurate for me - I'd say I'm a small 12 on top and a large 12 on the bottom at the moment, and that's mostly what I'm seeing in the sizes.

Eg. Topshop says 12 or 14 bottoms. Which I find fairly accurate - I can fit size 12 skirts there but size 12 trousers are a wee bit tight.

Don't know how useful it is... looks about right for New Look... says 18 (or 16) and I've got jeans etc from New Look that are 18s and are now beginning to get too big for me.

However, it's amazing to note the difference in sizes between the shops - it's disgusting! It says I'm a 20 in Next and a 14 in Reiss! WTF???

a 10 for tops or dresses in Zara :eek: i couldnt fit my arm in that never mind my whole top half!

must stay clear of banana republic, only one i didnt have either 10's or 12's for

i reckon we should all shop in Reiss - had some (or 8)'s there ;)

do you think Reiss deliberately size their stuff that way to flatter the people who shop there lol

It'd encourage me to buy stuff!

Ha. Ditto! However, their prices do not!

I always thought Reiss was an old lady shop :eek: but I've just had a look and I actually like quite a lot of it!!

None of it is really my kind of thing... I wouldn't be seen dead in a jumpsuit haha! I think they look lovely on some other people but they just would not suit me AT ALL!

I like it Pie, but I'd look a bugger in it!! Trust me!!

I like supermarkets sizing I find them pretty generous and it's always nice to have a small number on your label ;) I find Primark the most infuriatingly inconsistent in their sizing I probably have everything from an 8 to an 18 in their clothes. Also on a couple occasions I have bought the EXACT same item in the same size but a different colour and the sizing been extremely different, like can't get jeans on past my knees kind of different! Queues are always too big for changing rooms so I never try anything on just buy it and return it later. I actually only ever buy clothes now out of primark or ebay coz I'm skinto, oh and I love getting the bargains :cool: X

hmmmm this actually says i'm a size 18 or 20 in most places but I have size 18 jeggings that are now hanging off me!

;)
Ha. Ditto! However, their prices do not!

it'd encourage me too ! I think Kate Middleton wore one of their dresses around the time of her wedding, caused a rush on stuff and lots of press about it being a High Street Shop - not exactly high St prices though lol

jez..looks like your on your own with the jumpsuit too

;)

jez..looks like your on your own with the jumpsuit too

That's me all over tbh- if everyone had one I wouldn't wear it!! Yes, I am a diffcult bugger.

I like jumpsuits but i know i wouldnt suit them! i'm at a cousins wedding in may and i am hoping to have lost enough to look nice in a jumpsuit

However, it's amazing to note the difference in sizes between the shops - it's disgusting! It says I'm a 20 in Next and a 14 in Reiss! WTF???

Reiss use Super Vanity Sizing. Next don't ;)

well this thing says I'm a 16/18 in monsoon dresses... I'm soooo not that thin yet lol.

16 in topshop though, which would be great if my local topshop ever had anything above a 12-14 in it.

According to Burda I'm now a 23 (equivalent size 18, non vanity sizing!), which means I'm out of their plus sizes lol.
not that I'll be making any burda outfits, I hate burda patterns lol.

Back