usernames

bump

As I said in my intro, many years ago the nurse at my DR's surgery always had some backhanded compliment to pay me, I used to hang onto some of them "I can't believe what the scales say....you don't look that big" for example. One day she said "On dear....you have a very pretty face....but it doesn't hide the fact that you are fat" Affected me so much that from that day I refused to get on the scales, did tell my Dr (well tbh I broke down) so he would weigh me and not tell me. He has always told me that a better measure would be bodyfat to muscle ratios (I do quite a lot of sports/gym/weights) but I have decided that I want to stop holding onto excuses to stay in denial and address my size. For me, my measure of sucess will be my dress sizes reducing....my BMI and weight will be of interest...but secondary.
Sorry for the essay....I think most of it was for me!!!! ;o)
X

I hear what you're saying PFB?, I want to be able to hop on the scales in the evening with a pair of jeans on and still smile - instead of weighing first thing in the morning (well, after having a wee :)) and breathing out.
It does scare me to be honest that i'll never be happy with the scales, i think i'm going to do what my best friend does - she uses a tape measure. She has an inch limit, and as soon as her waist goes up an inch she "detoxes" for the week.

Keep these usernames coming people xxxx

My sister and I always call each other Mana, which means sister in our language and because we are both living in china, Manachina....... I know.....does make too much sense

Umm, well mine is from one of my favourite TV series ever called 'My Lovely Samsoon' (it's korean). There was a really irritating skinny minx xter in it - the heroine was curvy/chubby and the hero had the skinny girl saved as 'Princess of Smiles' in his mobile - which I thought was utterly cornball! But when I was trying to think of a new slimline me - well it just popped into my head!! Btw, the curvy
/ chubby girl gets him in the end! XD

Mine's easy - I'm Big (height wise too!), and me names Laura! I even use Big Lors or Big L when i'm putting off duty requests in the diary at work... I didnt even have to explain who it was, they just knew it was me...

Hmmm.... Is that a good thing or a bad thing??

L x

BUMP!!!

Loving the thread!! Mine is Bobbin as my mum and dad used to call me it when I was little (no idea why as my name is kathryn!!) We now have a cat called Holly who we call Hollybobbins so thats where the name came from. I love the name RussianDoll, I think thats fab!

My OH is poppet, I am wee poppet cos i is only ickle.

Alison

I joined a dating site many moons ago and couldn't think of a user name, was looking around to try and get inspiration and spotted a David Gemmel book on my book shelf titled Ravenheart. I've shortened it since then and now my sign in on pretty much everything is Rayven.

BuMp xx

Mine too speaks for itself. When I started in January, I was Grandma to one, with three on the way. I'm now Grandma to 3 with 1 on the way!! I just love it when my granddaughter calls me Grandma - so I went with the it!

Back