Using Benefibre

Scarybush

I have to do 10days of ATTACK, just wondering if anyone can tell me if its okay to take Benefibre 3 times a day to keep regular, I get very constapated on any kinda diet where food is restriced to just protien or TFR.

Just want to be very sure

Thanks Marie

Marie

Remember that even in attack you will have a number of ingredients to add fibre to your diet - you will be eating 1.5 tblsps of oatbran a day, and you can also add rhubarb.

The problem with the benefiber is that it is 100% carbohydrate. Most of it should pass through you with out being absorbed, but it may well make it much harder for your body to move into ketosis.

I understand why you would like to use this product, particularly with such a long attack period.

Would you consider trying to go without for at least the first stages of attack, to see how it goes? You can always keep some aside, for emergencies.

Once you reach Cruise , you may well find, if the diet suits you, that constipation is a thing of the past. Processed carbohydrates (white flour, white sugar etc) are one of many factors which can cause constipation.

Thanks very much Atropos, it makes sense now as to why I couldn't get into Ketosis or stay on Exante either, I was having all those Carbs..
Really thanks so much..
Is there anything out there I can take...?

People round here use a variety of tricks to get things moving.

Senakot is popular (once or twice a week) - I used this twice in the early stages of the diet, but haven't experienced any constipation at all now for over 6 months.

Black coffee in the morning can have dramatic effects for some, and others swear by sipping ice cold water.

You can add a tablespoon a wheatbran to your food as one of your two tolerated items a day, and you can also eat rhubarb in all stages of the diet (unlimited in cruise).

I'm sure other people will chip in with suggestions.

The tablespoon of wheat bran is enough for me, but another good remedy is psychillium husks, which you can get in capsule form, or as a loose powder. I found it was much gentler on me than the senna.....

Enough!

tessa

Back