Using HEB

JessR

I've been doing EE for the past 6 days now and am loving it again. Don't know why I ever stopped SW tbh! Anyway, I'm finding that if I don't have cereal for breakfast, I don't manage to use my HEB choice!

For example, today I had a cooked breakfast of bacon, mushrooms, egg and spag hoops, banana and satsuma for lunch, slice of cous cous cake (2 syns) and dinner tonight will be SW quiche (28g l/f cheese HEA) and salad followed by fruit and orange SW mousse (made with mullerlight and orange sf jelly 0.5 syn). I will be stuffed after that lot... SO does it matter if I don't have my HEB everyday?

I think HEX are different to syns in as much as to keep the diet balanced you have to have them. I don't think they are optional like HEXA on Original and Green days. I sometimes find I don't use both of mine, so I have an Oaty bar or some olive oil on my salad to use it up without too much effort. Hope this helps.

yes, very important, i would suggest getting your He's in before thinking about syns almost.. although equally important, you can easily fit syns within meals (sauces etc) .. i'd have added a cereal bar into your very small lunch :)

xx

get some kelloggs fibre plus bars!! you will never go back to missing your HEB trust me! :D xx

I would keep Alpen lights handy. You can have 2 which makes one HEXB choice. Handy to snack on. I have cereal most morning as i find nothing else fills me up. Alpen light are only 3 syns each on EE as well so often I have these even if I have had cereal.

Thanks for the replies. I will try the kelloggs bars - although I have never been overly keen on cereal bars as they are usually so dry.

But I have just eaten my dinner and YUMMMMM!!!! The SW quiche was lovely and the orange mousse with fruit - mmmmmmmm. I will definitely be making those again.

Thanks becks - will give the Alpen bars a go 2 as a HEB sounds good :)

Thanks for the replies. I will try the kelloggs bars - although I have never been overly keen on cereal bars as they are usually so dry.

But I have just eaten my dinner and YUMMMMM!!!! The SW quiche was lovely and the orange mousse with fruit - mmmmmmmm. I will definitely be making those again.

Trust me we are not talking dry cereal bar here but .... chocolate heaven!

And don't forget there is a long list of things you can have as a HEB not just cereal and bread. What about dried fruit for snacking, or canned/stewed fruit as a dessert, or even just using a tbsp of olive oil when cooking your evening meal!

Thanks Circes - I think I need to read my book again. But now I'm liking the sound of the Kelloggs bars ;-)

Back