Using holidays to save money ?

gobolino

Gold Member
This is my plan, come the new year. I'm hoping to book a holiday week every 3rd week for as long as I can in an attempt to save money. Plus I'll be doing a countdown, so I'll book my hols as I buy the countdown. I know I'm allowed 6 holidays in the year, so why not.

Cut backs are really needed. Plus this deadline may help in my bid to get to target quicker. Once I get to the weeks where I cant book holidays I'll either be at target or wont be going anymore. Fingers crossed this buys me a few weeks in order to get myself to target.

Has anyone else used their holiday weeks to save money ?

i like the theory may do this for some weeks as i have no holidays planned and seeing as to get to target i will be there a year i may as well not pay for 6 weeks, Cheers x

I thought we were only allowed 2 weeks?

Nope, never.

I don't use my 6 weeks up either, never have! I tend to use 4 weeks max, two in the summer hols and another two if we are away half terms.

It's a good plan to save money though if things are tight - but to be honest, It would be a recipe for disaster for me if I missed a week.

Well fingers crossed it doesnt spell disaster for me, I really want to get to target plus then it'll be totally free :)

I have to do it as in the last 2 months we've had the boiler break, tv break and computer break!

That would work to save money only problem is what if one of your pre booked hols is a week you have been bad and really need the support from the class.

Looking at your stats it looks like you have 11.5 lbs to go. Would it not be more motivating to go the full hog, with your aim to get to target within the 10 week countdown - when your getting closer to the end of it you will feel determined to push through and get to it.

If you do it the other way, you might get to target in say 10 weeks (which could be 7-8 paid weeks and i doubt you get a refund when you should have been free).

It doesn't matter if you have booked holidays & then decide to go because you can still weigh in. If you are on a countdown it will just finish a week earlier than if you'd took the holidays.

Personally I wouldn't like to not go very often, I like the support & chat too much!

I might have my wires crossed.... but if you found that you were struggling on your 'holiday' weeks, I thought that you could still go to class and as long as you don't get weighed or 'check-in', you could still stay and enjoy Image Therapy? This way, you would still have your 'holiday/not paid or weighed' week, but still enjoy the motivation.

Don't know if I've read your post wrong but.........if you buy a countdown say 12 weeks if you miss a week you loose that week it doesn't carry over so it would be pointless buying a countdown if you don't plan on going every week!

I personally couldn't miss a week, I love image therapy and love the craic we have a group plus if I missed a week I probably wouldn't stick to it properly!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cupcake - I think gobolino meant she'd use her 6 holidays weeks during the 12 week countdown, making it last 18 weeks :)

If you book them up front then you don't lose a week from the countdown.

jaylou said:
Cupcake - I think gobolino meant she'd use her 6 holidays weeks during the 12 week countdown, making it last 18 weeks :)

If you book them up front then you don't lose a week from the countdown.

Seriously?

My consultant said if you buy a countdown you must be at group or you loose them even if you book holidays etc :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

no way!! I told her I wasn't buying my countdown until after I came back from my holidays (heading away in 2 weeks) because I didn't want to loose a day and she said yeah I was best doing that!

Because a Countdown course has been especially created to boost your commitment and to help you strongly commit to your slimming campaign, there are a few simple rules and recommendations we ask our Consultants to let you know about. Countdowns are non-extendable and non-refundable. That’s why we ask that any holidays are booked up-front on the week you make that Countdown commitment. If you’re a shift worker, unless you’re able to attend a group (any group) each week, we’d recommend you don’t buy a Countdown. Our Countdown rules are available in group and in our club rules, which you’ll have an opportunity to read before you decide to join.

Jaylou is right. You MUST book them when you take out the countdown, but you can do it this way.

If you can reasonably be expected to hit target during this period its quite a sensible way to make the most of your holiday allowance.

Hi sorry to bob on and interupt this thread. When you book a countdown the member of the social team on the pc will ask you if you have any holidays you want to take during the countdown period. When she/he books yr countdown on the pc a pop up comes up asking if any holidays need to be booked within the countdown period.This is a reminder to the person booking it for youto ask the question before she/he takes yr fee. Then say you book a week off then the period is extended by a week.

Well I dont know about that but all I can tell you is that if you want hols during your say 6 week or 12 week countdown you book them before you pay. I know this because I help my c every week and this is what I do. Perhaps that is a different issue. It does become confusing. Hope you get it sorted x

Back