Using slimming world to become a yummy mummy

yep Im only planning to put some tomato puree on top, some spinach,chicken and low low grated cheese (4 syns) so 10.5syns for a big pizza is ok with me, plus spicy potato wedges on the side.

Just did T25:speed 1.0 workout. It was hard but at least the workouts are only 25 minutes each!

B:magic oats
S:muller light and jelly (1.5syns)
L: tortilla wrap pizza with wedges (6.5 syns wrap/4syns cheese)
D:veggie chilli and rice
S:mug shot (1syn) with carrots, yogurt
13syns for the day

25mins t25
30mins cardio

Last edited:
Leo is 3 in 3 days and hes being a nightmare. I really would love a big bowl of porridge with jam to chill out but food isnt the answer. Dinner at 6pm then bed. Im so tired today chasing the kids and its rained all day so cant go out as Jamie (1.5) hates raincovers and wont stay covered and Leo just plays with the puddles and stands in the rain lol Im almost pulling my hair out today. Drs tomorow for a medication review. I dont think Iv done too badly today food wise and Iv exercised so its all good

I totally understand, I've got a two girls, Abbie5 year old and Izzy (3 in June). It's so hard when you're all stuck in doors.

Izzy is having a few temper tantrums and if she goes by her sister, they're likely to last until she's 4! Abbie is just sulky lol

All very wearing for us mummies! Well done for not letting food be your comfort! Xx

Hes suddenly got very gobby and started to answer back and its his way or no way. Then his brother gets upset or hurt and its a nightmare. Il just have a nice cup of tea and hope for some quiet soon lol

Hes suddenly got very gobby and started to answer back and its his way or no way. Then his brother gets upset or hurt and its a nightmare. Il just have a nice cup of tea and hope for some quiet soon lol

Awww (((Hug))) totally know what you mean! I get it from both my girls!

When I get 'I can't do it, you do it' from either girl and they've not bothered to try. I simply say 'I can't do it either' 90% it works and the girls do whatever they asked. Other brilliant technique is the 'naughty spot' phew

Well,I went out for a walk to Lidl with Leo and he was nice and chilled. We got back about 8pm and he was flat out asleep, so I had a nice cuppa in front of the tv. I also brought everyone some cherry bakewells and as much as I wanted to eat all of them I didnt touch one. 11syns for one was mad and enough to put me off. I find im put off going over syns more then I was with going over calories. I need to go out again to get loo roll seeing as Gary decided to use all of it and forgot to buy more. Then im off to the dr at 4pm so Im busy today and lots to watch on the Iplayer and do with the kids and house. We didnt get up til 7:30am and Jamie has just woken up at 8am so we are all nice and rested

Urgh got back from town and am shocked at how hard it was for me to push the pushchair with Leo on the buggy board! So much heavy breathing :( cant believe how unfit and heavy I feel. Just more motivation to stick to this and keep up the good work and not give in to junk!

B:magic oats and an apple
S:banana
L: pasta with chicken and spinach with a yogurt garlic and herb sauce (amazing and so easy to make! basically just what it says)
D: potato wedges,veggie chilli
S:hoops and crosses (4 syns) and a sainsburys mint kit kat (5.5 syns) all in front of the tv tonight.

30mins exercise and walking with the kids

The bakery is amazing. The kids always have a doughnut when we go in and everything looks so nice and its cheap too lol I was starving at lunchtime after a walk and a workout so had a good portion of pasta with lots of spinach to fill me up. Cant be bothered to do an interesting dinner so just my go to veggie chilli and wedges on the side. Off out for another walk in a bit to the Drs then cuppa and tv for abit

Im starting again (updating start date and weight) Im 12st 1lb after all that chocolate at easter and bad day monday. Iv also been exercising alot and my muscle ache so might be retaining water in the muscles, but I did eat alot of chocolate and rubbish last week! New start and week today

Im going to take measurements next friday and start from there (not today, just had breakfast and stuffed lol)
Im aiming for 3 days exercise a week plus walking. Only 30min workouts but its better then nothing :eek: At least I only put on 1lb with all the chocolate eggs and sweets I had (and I had alot) Iv got lots of free foods in the house and some low syn snacks so I should be fine on plan for the rest of the week

Plan for the day
B- toast (heb) beans, scrambled eggs and veggie bacon
L- Veggie cous cous
Snack- apple and yogurt
D- pasta with chicken, spinach and yogurt sauce (yes again lol)
Snack- sainsburys mint kitkat 5.5 syns

Might add more syns later if the kids granny packs some little treats for us all. Whenever we go up she packs a back of treats lol

having a crisis. Calorie counted for 2 days then slipped up cos Iv been used to eating better on slimming world. Im going back onto slimming world tomorow. My main fear is how can I eat pasta/rice/potatoes freely and not weigh them? Im thinking of, as a halfway solution, weight of 80g rice/pasta and stick to eating other free foods freely. Im just worrying it isnt going to work for me because its alot of food and Iv always heard you have to take in less calories to lose weight...argh

Lovely I'm going to give you a little bit of tough love but there's a big hug afterwards :)

You need to stop! I perfectly understand your fears and worry over eating with SW but the chopping and changing isn't helping you emotionally and physically.

You lose weight on SW because you cut down all the high snacks and the allowance we get is restricted. You also cut down your calories through your super free so you're not going to over eat on your carbs/protein.

You need to stick with the plan for a month before panicking whether it works or not. All the chopping isn't helping.

If I was go back to calorie counting I'd be screwed! On SW you eat to your satisfaction, some days you'll eat over your calories but other days you won't feel hungry so you're calories will be under. It's always swings and round abouts.

If weighing carbs help you then great but remember you need to eat until you're satisfied both physically and mentally.

Think about everything SW gives you, all the freedom and lovely food.

Personally I think you need to settle on a weigh in date, stick to it and promise yourself to follow the plan for a month before truly worrying.

Now for the big ((((HUG)))) xx

Thanks for that. I needed that x I just dont want to stick to this for weeks then not lose or maybe gain. Tomorow Im 100% extra easy and not weighing til next week so I dont get stressed. I think im so worried because I gained weight back and I need to not gain anymore and to lose the weight I gained. I am annoyed with myself for messing around with plans so much. Nothing is going to change if I cant stick to one plan. Its just in my head all this "free food" cant be right but I know it works for so many people. I needed that splash of cold water in my face :eek:
Well from tomorow no more silliness, Im doing this properly and not obsessing. Im always wanting things perfect and to hit every goal and not go over limits like syns and calories and its a downfall of mine. Im going to just let this week happen then weigh in next monday and stick to a monday weigh in, exercise 3 days a week and keep at the good eating. I know deep down sw works as when I follow for a few days I feel light and happy, and not deprived or craving anything.

Back