Using slimming world to become a yummy mummy

yuck. I have a bad sore chest, was coughing for 4 hours pretty much last night and still off now. Garys oldest is 11 and he had a bad chest infection and was here for 1 day last weekend and now we are all coughing and bad. So Im going to not care about calories til im better cos to be honest I cant be bothered to go and weigh everything and count numbers at the moment! Im in bed listening to the kids doing god knows what while Gary plays ps4 lol
Iv decided im just going to do some green days til im better then see if I lose on monday (if I weigh in) and go from there. My lungs feel like they cant get full of air and I hate this cough! Im so wheezy too. Im not going to the Drs, Im just going to get plenty of rest (well as much as I can) and lots of fluids and good healthy food.

B: magic oats with orange and apple first
L:pasta n sauce (0.5syns) with spinach
S:Toast with marmite and 2 apples
D:wedges,beans and mozzarella
S: Snack a jacks sour cream and chive (4.5syns) Hot chocolate (2syns) Pear x1

7 syns
Hexa - milk + mozzarella
Hexb - Oats + bread

Last edited:
Poor you, hope you feel better soon x

Don't worry about diet too much just concentrate on getting your fluids and eat what you fancy. I know what you mean about weighing and measuring, I had a bad night last night and I'm just fed up with diet ruling my life.

Im not going to worry to much this weekend. The food iv got planned doesnt shout diet and restriction to me so I shouldnt do too bad this weekend. Im just gonna concentrate on eating the free foods and getting some fruit and veg in and plenty of fluids x

wow wedges,beans and cheese was just what I needed after today. Now for tv and snack a jacks. Night everyone and hope you have all done well today x

dont want to jinx things but I THINK my chest is getting a little better. I didnt spend all night coughing so thats a good sign. Im going to go back to friday weigh ins so I weighed in the same today. Nice fresh day today. I needed to have 3 bananas blended as ice cream last night for my throat so wasnt that good last night! However new day and all x

B:magic oats (hexb) pear x1
S:apple and pear chopped up
L: spaghetti with cream cheese (hexa) spinach and fish (hexb)
S:Jelly (1.5syns), orange,apple and a pear
D: cottage pie and veg
S:Snack a jacks (4.5syns) sour cream and chive
Hot chocolate (2syns)

Syns 8 syns
Hexa milk
cream cheese
Hexb oats
fish

Last edited:
plus one marshmallow - 1 syn lol
9 syns in total. Today Iv had 3 apples,3 pears and an orange. Iv been quite snacky today. My lunch wasnt the biggest most filling and I had breakfast at 7am instead if 9-10am so thats probably why iv snacked more today.

my laptop is on the way out so I might not be around for a few days. The part the charger plugs into has come loose (damn kids sticking the charger in too rough lol) so Gary will have to fix it together again. Not sure when so Im sticking to my little notepad to write my days in just in case x

B:2 pears 1 apple
L: Omelet "pizza" with wedges (mozz cheese hexa)
S: Porridge oats with jam (hexb + 1tbs - 1.5 syns)
D:spaghetti with primula cheese sauce (25g - 2.5syns) with qourn chicken and spinach. (hexb)
S:hot choc (2 syns) oranges

6 syns in total for the day ahead. Been busy busy today!

B: eggs, beans and toast with dairylea light triangle ( im splitting my hexb as I had 1 slice of toast and 1 triangle. Hope that works out ok)
L:pasta with veg and cheese primula and quorn chicken (2.5 syns)
S:jelly (1.5 syns)
D:wedges, veggie chilli
S:hot choc (4yns) x2

8 syns
HEXA milk and mozz cheese
HEXB bread and cheese triangle

Also my scale completely broke so now weighing myself til I can get a new one next week.

Last edited:
for the past 2 nights Iv been sick with the bad chest and coughing and OH let me lie in til 10am this morning. I never sleep that later but I couldnt sleep til 2am. Woke up and everyone had gone out and the house was cleaned for me. Now im about to have my breakfast and its nearly 3pm. Not sure Il get all my HEX's in today
L: pasta primula (2.5syns) turkey and green beans
S:apple and pear with yogurt
D: pizza omellete with wedges. Cheese Hexa
S:curly wurly (6 syns) and porridge oats, hot choc (2syns)

Hexa 1&2 Milk and Cheese
Hexb 1 Oats 35g

Syns 10.5

Hope you feel better soon xx

(Hexa - Milk)
B - magic oats (Hexb)
L - pasta with primula (2.5syns) and turkey
D - Wedges and veggie chilli with grated mozz (Hexa)
S - 2 slices of white danish bread (6syns) with 2 cheese triangles (Hexb)

Im guessing at 6 syns for 2 slices of Tesco white danish bread (55cals a slice) Still not feeling great so just housework for exercise!

8.5 syns
Hexa - milk&cheese
Hexb - oats&cheese triangle

Last edited:
B: oats pancakes
L: cottage pie +gravy 2.5syns +extra veg on the side
D: 2 white bread -8syns 2 cheese triangles (no brown bread today)

Hexa: milk+cheese triangles x2
Hexb: oats

Not that hungry today, still not better with my chest :(

syns 10.5

Last edited:
I think im going to start taking pics of all my meals and posting them here. Will start tomorow as Iv already had my first meal. Had my cottage pie as breakfast then later Il have my pasta and pancakes tonight as a treat. Might snap them. The taking pictures will help reassure me im doing ok

thanks, just changed my dinner cos I really didnt feel like pasta. Just had a sandwich instead x

B- magic oats
S- jelly 1.5syns
L- cheese leek and ham pasta n sauce with quorn chicken and veggies 1 syn
D- cheese and marmite toasty with cheesy potatoes (primula 25g) 2.5syns
S- Ryvita minis chilli - 4.5 syns

9.5 syns

Hexa milk=cheese
Hexb oats=bread

Last edited:
iv been off pan for a few days due to being ill still. Iv had a bad tummy (v&d - not nice) and still have a bad chest. I made my chest worse seeing as I had to go out for 2 long walks yesterday with the kids so it took it out of me lol
Back today!

B: Spag hoops, toast and light cheese triangles
L: Pasta, cheese sauce (5 syns), chicken and veg
D: Mash, Veggie stew (quorn mince, stock, veg)
S - custard creams x2 6syns cooked chicken 3syns
Hexa - Milk + cheese triangles x2
Hexb - Bread
Syns - 14
Thats it for now and I think it looks like a good day. I might add some pictures later. Il have to use my laptop camera seeing as Jamie decided to give my phone a bath and now its broke. I havent got the money for a new one this month so Il have to wait lol

Last edited:
Back