Using slimming world to become a yummy mummy

Awww lovely I know exactly where you're coming from. I was doing the same as you when I was calorie counting. I only stopped when I came over to SW.

Just take it nice and slowly, follow the extra easy tips and you'll get great results.

I'm panicking too about getting weight loss with SW but I've vowed to stay with it until I find the right balance and get a loss.

Just think where would you be/what weight would you be if you left SW? For me I'd be miserable and possibly gained some weight.

Keep going lovely xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using MiniMins.com mobile app

Iv set some goals and rewards for myself for every 7lbs I lose. First 7lbs I am treating myself to some new trainers, mine are dying from all the walking they do! Then next 7lbs Im getting myself a little pamper set (bubble bath, nice body scrub) Im thinking this will help me focus as I have something to work towards. Roast dinner tomorow but thats as far as I have planned. Im going to make up some magic porridge as its so filling to me so thats breakfast sorted. Im off to bed now.
And Cheeky - big hugs for your kind words. Im pretty sure I would have gained if I hadnt started tying sw so I know I should get nice losses if I stick at it 7 days a week!

That's a nice idea to set small targets and then to reward yourself, might copy that if you don't mind:0). Great motivating idea. Good luck

Woke up very motivated. Boyfriends oldest son (11yrs) had a cough that ended up turning into a chest infection and now me and both kids have a terrible cough :cry: Hope it doesnt get too bad. Leo woke me up this morning because I was coughing and he gave me his bottle and said "mummy drink and get better" :D Lovely boy. He was 3 yesterday and I was all soppy over him because of it. Cant believe he's getting so big.
Today is Sunday and roast dinner day. Iv only got 2 alpen lights as syn snacks later as I need to get some low syn snacks tomorow. Im off down Lidl in the morning then might try a 30min walk/jog on the treadmill if my chest isnt too bad.

B:2 apples and magic oats
L:roast chicken, potatoes,carrots,cabbage and gravy (3.5syns)
S:Apple pie muller light x2 (2 syns) Mug shot (1syn)
D: pasta, spinach and quorn chicken pieces with garlic and herb yogurt dressing
S:Alpen light (3.5syns)
Hot chocolate (2syns)

12 syns for the day and Im sticking with this meal plan. Hope everyone is doing well today x

Last edited:
I'm having exactly the same struggle with trying to count calories all the time. If I had come to slimming world first when I wanted to lose weight I would have been fine, but having counted calories in the past, I cant seem to trust the plan. I have even skipped my healthy extras this week because I was drinking over my syns and whatever way I looked at it, the healthy extras were still more calories!

I think we either need to throw ourselves into sw completely or not bother. A bit of both really isn't helping. Please remind me of this when I'm struggling again next week lol!

Well done for drawing a line and restarting though x

Ps I have a 3 year old boy, they're the best (although he starts school in September :( and he is my baby so not sure how I'll cope)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I will remind you if I read you are struggling lol x Iv only ever used calorie counting so this is weird to me. But sw is great for me because im not hungry or feeling deprived at all. I mean I just served the family apple pie and custard and I wasnt at all temped and had an apple pie muller light instead and Im fine with that.

K, weighed in at 12st 1lb still so not gained with my bad eating last week on and off. New week. Also abit sad but just found out a neighbour has started sw and she is abit bigger then me and Id be so jealous if she does better then me lol A bit of friendly competition is good for you lol
Just got back from Lidl with fruit and yogurts and low syn snacks £24 later lol. Had to get cheese and milk plus lighter cheese for me too. Mozzarella is 99p for 200g of grated in there at the moment so thats mine

B:quorn sausage (2syns) quorn bacon, eggs and beans
S:apple and orange
L:chicken,veg and rice with curry sauce
D: Pasta with cheese and ham sauce (2.5syns - primula 25g) with spinach
S:hoops and crosses (4 syns) yogurt (lidl orange with chocolate sprinkles 0.5syns) Hot chocolate (2syns)

11 syns for the day and this is the plan im sticking with!

Lol at the friendly competition! You have to stay on track now!

This slimming world lark does get expensive doesn't it? Just nipped to sainsburys to get the few things that you can't find in lidl (alpen lights, greek mullers, quark, frozen broccoli and spinach,) and spent another £30 :eek: I love lidl though and buy most of our weekly shop there.

Food plan looks spot on for today x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know, it does add up! Iv just had some marshmallows so an extra 3.5 syns so 14.5 syns for the day.

change of plan! dont fancy a big dinner. Im too full after lunch!
so new diary for the day is
B:quorn sausage (2syns) quorn bacon, eggs and beans
S:apple and orange
L:quorn mince,veg and rice
S:hoops and crosses (4 syns)
Chocolate mug cake (2 syns for the hot chocolate) and a little fat free yogurt.
I just did a T25 workout and im worn out. I need a long hot bath tonight then once Im done Im watching tv with my snacks!

8 syns and I had a good day. Lunch was 2 plates full though so was my dinner as well. It ended up as a loviely chilli that was so filling! Imgoing to soak some magic oats for tomorow and chill. Hope everyone had a good day

good today. Have done 60mins of exercise and had a good food day

B:magic oats with apple
S: Orange
L:spinach pasta with cheese sauce (5syns)
D: Potato wedges, beans and cheese (4syns)
S:2 pink and whites (5 syns)

14 syns and a good day I think. Havent been too hungry so smaller portions

Hi thanks for the tip on the oats they are lovely can see me making them every day lol

thats ok, Im going to make them tomorow but add some water to the oats first so its not so thick and heavy. My chest is still abit sore and have a cough still so not doing any mad exercise. Just a walking video from youtube (10mins of which I spent with my 1.5yr old copying me and glued to my side lol)

Haha bless ... I walked from the town to the childminders then home tonight for the second day running fingers crossed the results will show Thursday at my first weigh in x

Today and yesterday Iv done alot of thinking and Iv decided to go back to calorie counting as for me its going to fit in better with my lifestyle. Sw to me seems great but Im someone who needs the control and portions weighing out or else I will eat a whole load of pasta/potatoes just because its "free" Also Im out alot so meals out/snacks are easier to calculate on CC add work into my day. With sw id have to make sure no meals had added fats/butters/oils and had a side salad and think of syns for snacks. Today Iv been calorie counting and down well. Im just someone who needs the measuring and control in my daily diet. So Im going to make a new diary possibly - Im using myfitnesspal at the moment - and still look at any nice SW recipes to make and pop in now and again x good luck to you all x

Awww good luck Hun we have to do whatever works :) xx

Back