Using syns

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
Does it matter what you actually use your syns on?
If I used all my syns for alcohol (I often do) and only ate free food and Hex's would it be any different to using them for crisps, chocs and other "naughty food".
I have always been taught to believe that alcohol are "empty calories" so really should be avoided.
I really do enjoy my tipple, particularly after a busy day at work, and over weekends when relaxing, well anytime really ;)
I have totally cut back and keep within my syn allowance but was wondering if it could hamper weight loss and if I should rather syn on other things.

Thank you!
I have done SW several times, and lost well in the past but that is one thing that was bugging me and I often wonder if I'd lose more if I used my syns on other things...
:):):)

I use alot of mine on wine! Well half. I think it's just that there isn't any nutrition in wine, but hey! life has to be enjoyable, as long as it doesn't lead to the cheese and bicuits/peanuts you can have your favourite tipple and still lose weight. I think it's the fact that after a few my willpower isn't that good thats the danger.

After dieting all week, a little of what you fancy and maybe a few glasses of wine or in my case a couple of G&T's at the weekend and using up some syns is a nice way to relax and they can be enjoyed all the more knowing that we are still on a diet.

Of course eating 105 syns on chocolate in one sitting defeat's the idea of the diet, so discretion and care is the way to use the syns I think.

Back