Valentines challenge 2014

2.5lb loss today so very pleased with that, that's 4.5lb towards my 8lb target for Valentines, and now 8.5lb away from my target! Keep going everyone :) xx

Hi bugs we have same target so will be keeping my fingers crossed for you! After a STS last week I am really hoping for a loss today, 11lb to go to target and not long at all to valentines day (think ill fail that one!!)
2.5lb loss today so very pleased with that, that's 4.5lb towards my 8lb target for Valentines, and now 8.5lb away from my target! Keep going everyone :) xx

Thanks hun! I tried SF this week and what with a lunch-included course on Tuesday and a crap day yesterday and today I've realised that too much choice is not good for me! Haven't gained but I want to LOSE! So back to pro points and upping exercise like its life or death for me otherwise July will come around and I'll be kicking myself!!
Congrats on a fantastic loss :) so pleased xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I couldn't really manage SF either to be honest. I need more control than that - control freak!! You might well still lose a little though, you just never know. Some people do really well on it.

What's in July? Xx

Jumped on the scales and was 9st 11lbs this morning so did lose 0.5lbs lol but I won't count it! Starting fresh today following pro points and my day feels much more structured! I've missed being able to have "anything" but within reason! In my mind yes it's more restricted than SF but that's a good thing for me!!

July 28th-Aug 7th my fiancé and I are going to Disney World in Florida! It'll be our longest holiday together and as it should hopefully be about 30 degrees I need to sort myself out so I look kick ass in shorts for the parks and a bikini for the two water parks!! That's 24 weeks away... So I'm giving myself enough time to either push myself and try to lose 2lb a week and then maintain/tone up or to lose 1lb a week as I already know of days (family meals, nights out etc) where I won't track! But I need to up the exercise too otherwise I don't think I'll see a good difference! Think I will try to do the plank challenge where you hold it for as long as you can and time yourself trying to beat it each day for 30 days, continue with incline/intervals on treadmill and might even give 30 day shred another go and ACTUALLY see if I can do 30 days?! Xx

Jumped on the scales and was 9st 11lbs this morning so did lose 0.5lbs lol but I won't count it! Starting fresh today following pro points and my day feels much more structured! I've missed being able to have "anything" but within reason! In my mind yes it's more restricted than SF but that's a good thing for me!! July 28th-Aug 7th my fiancé and I are going to Disney World in Florida! It'll be our longest holiday together and as it should hopefully be about 30 degrees I need to sort myself out so I look kick ass in shorts for the parks and a bikini for the two water parks!! That's 24 weeks away... So I'm giving myself enough time to either push myself and try to lose 2lb a week and then maintain/tone up or to lose 1lb a week as I already know of days (family meals, nights out etc) where I won't track! But I need to up the exercise too otherwise I don't think I'll see a good difference! Think I will try to do the plank challenge where you hold it for as long as you can and time yourself trying to beat it each day for 30 days, continue with incline/intervals on treadmill and might even give 30 day shred another go and ACTUALLY see if I can do 30 days?! Xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooo you sound nice and focused! Having an event to look forward to, esp one involving swimwear, is motivation for anyone lol. Have you ever completed thirty day shred? I've only ever done the first section

Last yr we went to Vegas for Christmas and Johannesburg for New Years so at 10st 1lbs I decided to do WW 3 weeks prior and lost nearly half a stone in that time following pro points (was so hard as it was christmas so lots of chocs and cakes brought into work as well as a staff meal!) So in my head I know I have the will power... Just sometimes I mistake a lack of energy for a lack of will power and actually I need to up the later and the rest will follow (easier said than done!)
I've only worn a bikini on holiday one before, to go to Jamaica! And i still wasn't 100% confident! This time I want to be able to wear anything around Disney and feel that I look good!

I did about 8 days of level 1.... Then moved onto level 2 (which was just evil!) and did another 3 or 4 days on that but haven't completed it!

Plus I didn't know if you were meant to do 30 days straight or have rest days?! I find it boring now and annoying that I have to rearrange my sitting room to do it, but people have had such progress on it, seems silly not to! Xx

Last yr we went to Vegas for Christmas and Johannesburg for New Years so at 10st 1lbs I decided to do WW 3 weeks prior and lost nearly half a stone in that time following pro points (was so hard as it was christmas so lots of chocs and cakes brought into work as well as a staff meal!) So in my head I know I have the will power... Just sometimes I mistake a lack of energy for a lack of will power and actually I need to up the later and the rest will follow (easier said than done!) I've only worn a bikini on holiday one before, to go to Jamaica! And i still wasn't 100% confident! This time I want to be able to wear anything around Disney and feel that I look good! I did about 8 days of level 1.... Then moved onto level 2 (which was just evil!) and did another 3 or 4 days on that but haven't completed it! Plus I didn't know if you were meant to do 30 days straight or have rest days?! I find it boring now and annoying that I have to rearrange my sitting room to do it, but people have had such progress on it, seems silly not to! Xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That was why I stopped doing I, I was under the impression that it had to be thirty straight days, and I was getting sick listening to her lol. I heard two is worse than three.

Oh her voice!!! "That's just fear leaving your body...!" Argh I tried it on silence once but then couldn't see when I had to change moves!

Oh her voice!!! "That's just fear leaving your body...!" Argh I tried it on silence once but then couldn't see when I had to change moves! Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Haha I tried that too! I used to swear at her quite regularly when I was doing it lol

Hahah same! It's lucky she couldn't hear me!

Hehe you guys are inspiring me. I was doing really well on the shred, got to day 5 of level 2 (following many failed attempts in the past of course) and then abandoned it. Level 2 was so much harder than level 1. Anyway that was about 10 days ago. Gonna try to re-start though. i don't think it matters if you take the odd rest day. going to try to do 10 more shred days during feb (a new challenge for me;))

Hehe you guys are inspiring me. I was doing really well on the shred, got to day 5 of level 2 (following many failed attempts in the past of course) and then abandoned it. Level 2 was so much harder than level 1. Anyway that was about 10 days ago. Gonna try to re-start though. i don't think it matters if you take the odd rest day. going to try to do 10 more shred days during feb (a new challenge for me;))

Good luck with it! I don't think it matters about rest days either, surely doing it at all is better than not bothering! I wish I could find some series of biggest loser to watch on tv as it's soooo motivating!

I can't even remember what I said I would loose for this challenge! Lol. Not long now ladies :)

I can't even remember what I said I would loose for this challenge! Lol. Not long now ladies :)

5 Days exactly! Eek!
I just had to check too... Said I'd lose 2-3lbs... So far I've (technically, as I snuck onto the scales today) I've lost 2.5lbs so fingers crossed!! X

I've majorly failed this challenge, gained 1.5 this week so it means I would need to lose 5.75 to reach target by Friday and that's just not going to happen lol

Well I have well and truly lost my mojo and put on what I lost so deffo failed this one. Had alot on with sick kids etc. Damned chickenpox and winter lurgies. Need to get my motivation back and set some realistic targets for myself. Any one got any ideas ??? Going abroad end of april to see some friends I havent seen for 7 years so wanna look my best lol.

Good luck to everyone on your targets

Xxx

:)
Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Perhaps you need a visual aid for example marbles in a jar or something you tick off! Make sure you're taking measurements (though I forgot thhis time!) and photos so that if scales aren't showing your progress then these might help! Also why not plan in some treats for yourself eg for every 0.5lb put 50p in a jar.... Then you will not only see the money piling up but could choose to spend it on a treat! (Not great if money is lacking of course!) or just say "if I lose 1lb this week I will buy myself X Y or Z!" Xx

Update: weighed in on 15th Feb at 9st 8.5lbs so that's 3lbs lost in 12 days :)

Hoping to lose another 2lbs before the end of Feb!

Back