Variety in Heathly A choice ??

gobolino

Gold Member
Just wondering what you all do for your healthy A choices ? And do you normally do the same thing, eg always use for milk, always use for cheese ? Do you tend to have the same cheese or work your way through the lists ? Do you always use your A choice for cups of tea throughout the day or do you have a latte and use it all in one go ?

I do green or red plan (mostly green though) so I usually have 2 HA choices. I would normally have 350ml skimmed milk and 42g low low cheese. I like saving my milk to have a latte after a meal as that can sometimes fill the dessert space! I love having the 42g low low grated over an evening meal of sw chips or pasta. I like using feta in a salad and mozzarella on pasta. But saying all that I think for the sake of getting some more variety in, I could start taking a look at some different cheeses !

So what do you all do ???

I mix mine up a bit. Sometimes I wil just use milk for cups of tea through the day, and other times I will use the whole lot for milky coffee or add it all for a really indulgent options drink.

When using cheese, I use different cheeses. If making a pitta pizza I will use mozarella, if using for making a sauce, I use 28g full fat mature cheddar, and in sandwiches I'll use reduced fat cheese, or if making kievs I'll use laughing cow.

I have just bought some dairylea light singles, I'll be trying them in burgers next time I make them, or I could make a toasted cheese sandwich with them..yummmm

I don't drink tea or coffee, (though the very rare occassion i do have tea i have it black - have done for years) so I spend my HeA's on cheese. Either 5 laughing cow lights with scan bran at lunch at work, or 84gr of low fat cheddar, sliced and served on apples as a snack in the evenings.

Occassionally - if caught out of town at short notice - i'll use them on Babybell lights. or if there's a very good offer on, then a nice strong full fat cheddar.

Then again - i always loved cheese, and would regularly spend about £10 on cheese at the weekends from a local deli. This way i can still have my cheese (and remember cheese can also be a HeB on green days) and stay on plan.

I mostly only use one A choice, even though I jump between red and green days and could have 2. I try to have cereal in the morning so I can use soy milk, if not I try and have some soy cheese. I wish there were more A choices, I find it hard to use them as for a vegan it's pretty limiting. Luckily there are tons of B choices for me to choose from :)

So we all do things a bit differently :) I'm reading my book again tonight to see what else I might enjoy in the way of cheese!

I tend to only use healthy choices on the odd occassion, the same for syns and never actually plan then into my weekly menu. I just eat free food really. My plan being that if I do something wrong without realising then it can just be a syn or a healthy choice. Or if I have to meet someone (usually got work) in a coffee shop then I don't have to panic about what I will drink etc. It allows for flexibility.

im not a big fan of cheese so i tend to just use milk lol im not very exciting lol

I sometimes use my hea milk allowance to make a proper baked rice pudding or baked egg custard mmmm :D

Ideal comfort food.

I don't drink tea or coffee, I don't like cereals with milk, and I make my porridge with water.

I might use milk very occasionally for a rice pudding.

I usually have cheese - either M&S Cornish Cruncher cheddar or some Emmental or Feta or Mozzarella or Parmesan.

I normally use mine for milk in cereal or some parmesan in pasta! If I'm having a jacket potato I use one of the extra light laughing cow as a butter replacement and mash it up. :)

Emily

I could use a LOT of HEA choices a day.............. i used to be able to just drink a pint of milk, no problem. and cheese, oh yummy cheese...........

so i use my HEA on milk for cereal and tea/coffee and cheese in lunch or dinner. How i LOVE my HEA and HEB and syns and free food!

I have 700ml (2 x he a choices) of skimmed milk nearly every day!
I have a milky coffee first thing in the morning, then use whatever I need for 'normal' coffee throughout the day, then use up the rest with Options hot choc in the evening!
I don't use it on cereal, as I love yogurt on cereal.
Occasionally, I may have a dribble left in the jug at the end of the day, but not often!!!

Back