Varying scales

xeilidhx

Gold Member
Started dukan weighing at work. The two weeks before I changed depts I weighed at home then work and found scales exactly 3k lighter at home. So for about 6 weeks I've been weighing at home and adding 3 kg. Today I weighed at old depth again and I'm 2kg heavier than the "converted" weight :( I'm wearing new trainers and it's after a pv but how will I ever be able to say I've reached target?!?! Help!!

id go with your home scales weight ...weighing first thing in the morning, naked ;)

Like you I use 2 sets of scales.
I do my weekly weigh in at a local Boots-its my day out and I treat it like an occicial weigh in.
Then during the week I'll use my home scales for sneaky weigh in's-however my home scales show me as 5lbs heavier.
Ive always said to people that every set of sceles is different-just like clocks, you wont ever get exactly the same time.

If I was you I would pick which scales you are going to use as your 'official scales'
then use them to determine your weekly weigh in's and goal weight.
As suggested you could choose your home ones-youre more likely to use them first thing in the morning :)

You weigh yourself in your trainers?

Yeah I agree with Ellie, there's only one way to weigh (;) see what I did there?)

First thing in the morning, blurry eyed and in your birthday suit!! :) sets me up for a nice Dukan breakfast every time :D x

Yeah I agree with Ellie, there's only one way to weigh (;) see what I did there?)

First thing in the morning, blurry eyed and in your birthday suit!! :) sets me up for a nice Dukan breakfast every time :D x

And with the curtains drawn (if you have close neighbours)! :p

P x

Just worries me that my initial weight measurement for the diet was at work and I was 14st (on old home scales I was 13 7 but they're so unreliable!) so I'd like to reach target at work if you see what I mean! Home weight is birthday suit, don't think colleagues would like it! I'll retest at work next week after a pp and wear the old trainers! Then it's comparable to the old weigh ins when I was there I guess! Just annoying that I'm 4 lb heavier than the adjusted weigh in at home, so I have no idea what I've lost now :( at least when I thought I had comparable results I could just scale up as required!

Could I blame 4 lb on it being a pv yesterday?! Could I have varied that much...I'm seriously tempted to weigh the shoes!! X

For best results weighing in at work, i'd say slip your shoes off altogether from now on, would you be able to wait to eat breakfast 'til you're at work? - helps keep things "scientific" as some days you might eat a little more than others for breakfast etc, same with drinking - wont be possible if you have a long commute though xx

Hmmmm...I always have identical breakfasts and don't drink until work! I'll try with no shoes,but will see how they compare with home. Or could just wait until I reach target at home, compare to work then lose till I'm at target there?! Humph!

Could I blame 4 lb on it being a pv yesterday?! Could I have varied that much...I'm seriously tempted to weigh the shoes!! X

Its hard to say, you've lost a lot more weight than me and being on Dukan longer. I've done just over four weeks but am still losing weight everyday. Yes I weigh every day with Monday being my official weigh day. I find it really useful to see how my body reacts to certain food, TOTM etc. Today I lost 200g :D

I'm not obsessed at all you know ;)

Back