Vast difference between scales

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Zayna, 12 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

My scales are wildly different from the pharmacists scales.

I am wondering whether to alter my ticker to show what I weigh at home, naked, first thing in the morning. To me, that's my 'true' weight.

Getting weighed fully clothed at 5pm isn't very accurate, in my humble opinion. Also, I'm not going to be going to the pharmacy forever, and I want to stay on this forum for a very long time, to make sure I don't slither down the slippery slope once I refeed then maintain...

What shall I do? Keep it or alter it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missyd

missyd Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Ooo good question i agree with you about weighing 1st thing with no clothes that should be a more accurate one than being weighed after having fluid inside you and fully clothed

4. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

From week to week at the pharmacy, wearing the same clothes, the weight loss is the same as me naked on my own scales, but the actual figure is a lot different, if you see what I mean. My ticker is my pharmacy reading, don't know whether to alter it to my own scales reading.... shall I?

5. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    68kg
    Diet:
    my own
    so are mine..the chemist's scales were 7lbs different...i went with mine and also the gyms which are the same as mine as well...im a size 8/10 now..there is no way i could be 7lb less than i am on my scales! can you double check with another pair of scales and see if they weigh the same as yours like i have..if they are you know which to go with :)

h xx

6. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    68kg
    Diet:
    my own
    i also always weigh in the morning with my pj's on!

h x

7. TheMilkTrayMan

TheMilkTrayMan Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Take your scales with you to the pharmacy!?

8. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

I weigh whatever the chemists scales say, i go off what the chemists scales say because i reckon that is a more accurate reason being they should have been checked and calibrated to ensure they are accurate e.g once in a while they weigh a 3kg weight and it weighs 3kgs spot on.

9. Cathy

Cathy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do the same as Zayna and the difference is 4lb.
    I'll remember that when I no longer go to the chemist (a LOOONG time away!)
    I want to be 10stone, but I think that will be on my scale, not theirs. I'll tell the chemist that nearer the time.

10. newlifenow

newlifenow Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    home scales are never accurate. Chemist scales are because they are serviced all the time, im lighter on my home scales but i know the chemist is correct so theres no point fooling myself. Wear the lightest clothes you have every weigh in and you wont have a problem

11. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    Luckily i make sure i get weighed in the mornings before iv had anything to drink so my scales are exactly the same as the docs. Go by whatever you feel is your real weight. Getting weighed at 5pm is pretty crap considering your heavier towards the end of the day!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.