Decided I would have my veg allowance with my cottage pie tonight

put bowl on scales , set to zero and started piling the food in
celery
spinach
rocket
mushroom
green pepper

until it reached 200 , im having it all raw btw

I could hardly keep everything on my plate it was massive and now feel totaly stuffed , surely this cant be right , it certainly makes this diet much easier but am i going to sabotage myself if i do this every day ??

I'm more or less cutting out the veg now due to crap losses the last 2 weeks. I don't think I ever had the full quota though as that's quite a lot of veg! I've no idea if my losses were affected by the veg as I only lost 5lbs in 3 weeks a few weeks ago just before I had my break and I hadn't included the veg then. I've cut out the bars too in case they're affecting things.

I would say have some of the veg if you feel like it but 200g is perhaps too much?

I don't eat the bars (as a general rule) but do eat quite a bit of veggies mainly in the form of mushrooms and spinach and haven't found it particularly affecting my loss - albeit I don't think I'm having 200g. :) Personally though, I can't see how eating the vegetables can be bad - they're negligible calories and the health benefits are so important. In addition, it prepares you for a life post-diet if you've not been a big veg fan before.

If you find your losses do slow down, then maybe do what Borders has done and try taking them out again - but for the moment if you want to eat 200g then I say eat 200g ;)

Thankyou
Well i lost 1lb yesterday but it is my first week back on ,taking account of your advice ill keep having the veg until my weight loss really slows down , then ill look at cutting it down or out altogether , hopefully it will stop me getting constipated too

Im also having a bar a day and some people have said this can slow losses , so I think ill just carry on daily weighing and when i stall , have a rethink

thankyou

Back