Veg weight

nikola

Sorry if this question has been answers somewhere already, I was just wondering is the 200g allowance cooked weight or uncooked? Thanks

Not sure - if it's only me having veg i weigh before cooking, if DH is having veg i cook them then weigh mine out :)

Well I just done some green peppers and shallots to go into the chili and I weighed out 200g before cooking. After I cooked it I weighed it and it had gone down by half to just under 100g!

It's the cooked weight I believe. I usually weigh out a bit more than 200g as I know it will reduce in weight once it's cooked. It's harder to weigh after cooking and then of course it's there, ready to eat. I probably go a bit under 200g once its cooked but there is still plenty.

It's meant to be cooked weight but I normally use the raw cos it's more than enough imho!

It is the weight as you will be eating it - so salad would be weighed raw and cooked vegetables cooked - I just use the raw weight though as it's easier.

BordersGirl said:
It's the cooked weight I believe. I usually weigh out a bit more than 200g as I know it will reduce in weight once it's cooked. It's harder to weigh after cooking and then of course it's there, ready to eat. I probably go a bit under 200g once its cooked but there is still plenty.

I put my plate on the scales, adjust to 0 and then slap on the food? I usually do the cooked veg first then the meat? Don't know if that means I am a bit weird control freak or what but I know my portion control is usually crap which is why I am here!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I do that too but I put the uncooked food on the plate and weigh it all before cooking :). People say that VLCDs teach you nothing about healthy eating and portion control. I can honestly say that I've learnt more about portion control on this diet (I have the protein and veg) than any other I've been on.

Back