Vegas Baby!!

I love Canada tooooooo. Proud Canuck here. Although I'm half English and I'm in the UK half the time it seems lol, can't keep away :D

I think the UK's the only other English-speaking country I'd consider moving to lol.

Brit, have you been to Canada before?

Twice, only to Toronto and the surrounding area though. Hoping to hit either Vancouver or Churchill at some point.

Actually, what I'd really like to do is the rail route between Toronto and Vancouver :)

Oh dear, I apologise for Toronto. It's a really terrible place if you ask me (or any other Montrealer).

You want to go to the wrong side of Canada! It's all about the East lol. Although Vancouver is wonderful, everything in between is... just not great. Bit boring. I've lived/been to 9 provinces out of 10 and yeah, the East is much better. The Maritimes, Nova Scotia particularly are great, really worth the detour. As is Montreal, obviously :D I know I'm biased, but I'm ok with it lol.

Having just paid off a loan, i have spare cash now so am saving up for a good holiday.

We are thinking of the "3 city break" - Vegas, LA, San Fran, over 10 days

Gives me something to motivate myself with and something to look forward to.

You'll be disappointed if you do all that over 10 days. Each of the three places you mention I've been to several times and each has ten days worth of stuff to do and see in themselves. Better to cut at least one of those out. I'd say San Fran because I think flights between SF & LV are expensive - having investigated it only last week.

:)

Twice, only to Toronto and the surrounding area though. Hoping to hit either Vancouver or Churchill at some point.

Actually, what I'd really like to do is the rail route between Toronto and Vancouver :)

I'd love to do more of Canada - I would move there in a heartbeat. I've been a few times and I've only done Ontario.

You should! There's so much more to it :)

Well if you love Toronto you're gonna adore Montreal!

They're absolutely fine with it, as long as you make an effort. If you can say bonjour and merci you'll go a long way. I always address people in English cos it's the language I'm most comfortable with but if they're being fussy or their English isn't great, I'll just switch. The joys of biligualism :)

Back