Vegetable curry

bluechick

Hi girls,
Anyone tried to make curry out of the allowed veg??

Thinking about it the inital stumbling block is not being allowed to use tomatos but going to have a play tonight with the allowed veg, boullion, curry powder and chilli.
If it works will let you know the outcome.

x

I did it yesterday actually. I put all the veg into a slow cooker and added some water and curry powder / chilli. It wasn't the same as a proper curry really as there was no tomato base, and I added too much water so there was a curry flavoured liquid in the bottom of it. It tasted ok though as things we're allowed go. I thought it might be a good addition to the veg soup actually, or even the cottage pie.

Curry fever in the air girls???

I had some for lunch this afternoon :)
I sauteed the veges in fry light spray oil, added curry, garlic, chilli powder and water and let to simmer on the hob. I mixed up half a pack of veg soup and spooned half of the veges into it. Yummy!!!

I'll have the other half tonight :)

Yum i love a good veg curry, am hoping i will be able to do one now that would feel like a treat lol :)

I had the other half of my veg curry just now and the flavours were even way better than in the afternoon.
Just thought I'd share this x

I have another 2 or 3 lots to use in the fridge. I'll be eating curry for days :). Just as well I like it!

Hey BG, I wish I'd made more now but I wasn't sure I'd like it. It's really yummy and filling. I'll probably make more at the weekend cos that's when I find that I need to split up packs and add veges to conquer the munchies :)

lol obviously not the only one with curry on the brain.

I made some today and was luch.

I steamed the veg in the microwave and sprinkled boullion over it first. The juice from the veg mixed with the boullion and made a really nice paste texture. I then mixed medium curry powder, chilli and garlic and stirred into the veg, put in the oven for 15mins and YUMMY !!
Think I will try the hob version too and may invest in come soup with my next order as that may make a nice base.

LOVING THIS DIET xx:D

I might stir fry the ready made curry tonight to get some flavour and life back into it. It looks a bit sorry for itself in the fridge. One Cal spray should be OK I think.

I'm the same Maka, I tend to do these things at the weekend when I'm struggling a bit more to help with the variety. Think I'm going to have a bit of protein today too so I'll add a bit of chicken to it. Looking forward to it! I love this diet too :)

Bordersgirl, I was thinking the same. Add the chicken or fish to meals at the weekend but concerned it will effect my weight loss but the sheet and Rob said to add 100g everyday on 3 packs so it must be ok?? suppose its all trial and error.
xxxx

I generally only do the protein thing at weekends sometimes or if I'm going out as like you I don't want to affect my losses.

lol obviously not the only one with curry on the brain.

I made some today and was luch.

I steamed the veg in the microwave and sprinkled boullion over it first. The juice from the veg mixed with the boullion and made a really nice paste texture. I then mixed medium curry powder, chilli and garlic and stirred into the veg, put in the oven for 15mins and YUMMY !!
Think I will try the hob version too and may invest in come soup with my next order as that may make a nice base.

LOVING THIS DIET xx:D

I can't find bouillon in Oman. Tried Carrefour, Al Fair and Lulu. I like bouillon and bet it'd taste great in our S&S curry.
Love this diet too x

Couldn't you get someone to post some out to you Maka?

Thats a shame. Not sure about posting it, I know we are not allowed to post food stuff when we send stuff to the Middle East. Have you got a Geant in Oman, just back from Dubai and I can't imagine there is anything that shop doesn't have. Ive got 2 chaps from work going to Saudi and Dubai in March if you want them to bring it over and send from there ?

Thanks Bluechick, that's so kind of you. And you too BG for the tip.
There's always someone here going to Dubai, so I might find someone here who could bring me some back xxx

I can't find the low sodium one in Kuwait either. I'm going to pick some up when I go back to the UK, let me know if you want some Maka x

I can't find the low sodium one in Kuwait either. I'm going to pick some up when I go back to the UK, let me know if you want some Maka x

Awww, thanks hun xxx
A colleague's partner lives in Dubai and is going to try and find me some. So I just may be able to have some for my curry this weekend :D

:-D I hope so :-D

Back