Vegetable question

Danii

Banned
I struggle on vlcd but mainly at work... And prefer to have my cottage pie at home..

But at work I want to eat when I'm in the staffroom with others so was thinking about just having veg at work.. Followed by a shake.

Could this work do u think?

Yeah, use the veg where you need to. So some salad or bits of veg at work with a shake should work very well. If you don't use the whole 200g (200g is a lot of lettuce :)) you can use what's left in the evening with your cottage pie.

Yay this work at work looks promising then lol I don't always feel hungry at work but these days when people are eating it annoys me.. Selfish I know but that's how I feel.

Thanx for your help again :)

Thank you for your help i will stock on veggies tomorrow morning..! :)

Going to hijack this thread since its along the same lines. today I have had a shake, 1 bouillon, a bar, Spag Bol with green pepper and Brussels together being 200g. I have one pack to go but have already consumed 54g carbs. Is my last pack going to knock me out of ketosis? A little disappointed with this realization as the variety if veg keeps me 100% :-(

I doubt it to be honest but it depends on the person. Everyone has a different tolerance and some people can apparently have up to 100g carbs per day and remain in ketosis. I'd test again in the morning as then you'll know for next time. Don't test as soon as you've had the last pack. I don't do 4 packs though so the protein in place of the 4th pack doesn't contain any carbs. Have you kicked yourself out of ketosis before by having the veg? If not I wouldn't worry.

Thanks BG no I haven't before but also only started keeping track of nutrition etc since I was in the UK. Thanks do much for your advice.

Just keep an eye on it. I have kicked myself out of ketosis a few times when I have had 2 bars (a BL bar and a S&S bar) in one day, and when I had onions, and again when I had tomatoes. Just be really conscious of the veggies you're choosing and choose the lower carbs ones, or cut down on the quantity of veg if you think you're coming out of ketosis. If you're losses are still great I wouldn't worry too much tho!

Back