Vegetarian Weight Watcher! Please Help!

emem2323

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there are any other vegetarians following the Weight Watchers diet plan? I have just started the diet and am really struggling with working out pro points and so I spent this week (my 1st week) just buying branded weight watchers food to keep things simple but its cost me a fortune and will be impossible to maintain, so I was wondering if anyone has any tasty weight watchers vegetarian recipes they could give me?
Also if any other vegetarians following the plan could tell me what they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner on an average day/s that would be great!-Thank you! :D

Emma x :jelous:

I'm not a veggie but I dont actually eat much meat so a lot of our dinners are veggie friendly...

Breakfast for me tends to be mixed fruit with 0% greek yoghurt and honey.

Lunch, I tend to have low or zero pointed home made soups - butternut Squash, red pepper and sweet potato is lush, as is the mexican inspired veg soup on esource recipes...

Dinners, Quorn stir fry, vegetable lasagne, you could do a cottage pie with soya mince, vege sausage casserole.......

Thanks for that! Definitely going to try that 0 pp soup you suggested-this week I've been using about 9pp on lunch so replacing it with something tasty with a 0pp value is a great idea!-leaves me with a few extra points for treats!
I was going to use quorn but unsure of pp values-think I read that 100g quorn mince was 2pp so that's not too bad. Suppose it ll just be the amount of pasta and rice I use that I ll have to be careful of!
Thanks again! -great help.

Emma x

Do you have access to esource? If not, I can look up the values for you and cut and paste the soup recipies x

No I don't have access to esource. That would be great if you wouldn't mind posting the recipes for me-would be a fantastic help for a weight watching newbie!
Thanks again! X

No probs...,.. Here;'s the mexican soup:

1 onion, diced
1 large courgette, cubed
1 small pack sugar snap peas, cut into bitesized pieces
1 red or green pepper diced
2 red or green chillis, de-seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 pint veg stock
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 lime

Bung it all in a pan together, except for the lime, cook for about 15 mins or until vege's are at a texture you like, squeeze in the lime juice and serve! The above makes up about 4-5 portions of soup and it can be frozen. Very filling, especially if you toast a tortilla wrap and serve that with it.

BNS & Red Pepper soup:

1 bag of ready prepared BNS & Sweet potato
2 sweet red peppers
1 red onion
1 pint veg stock
2 teaspoons cumin

Roughly chop veg and bung in a pan with veg stock and cumin. Bring to boil then simmer for around 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blitz till smooth. DE-LISH!

Quorn PP's:

Fillet - 1pp per fillet
Mince - 2pp per 100g
pieces - 2pp per 100g
sausages - 2pp per sausage

Hope this helps xx

No probs...,.. 1 bag of ready prepared BNS & Sweet potato
2 sweet red peppers
1 red onion
1 pint veg stock
2 teaspoons cumin

Roughly chop veg and bung in a pan with veg stock and cumin. Bring to boil then simmer for around 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blitz till smooth. DE-LISH!
Have you managed to work out how many PP there are for the mixed bag of BNS and sweet potato? The thought of taking out all the sweet potato and weighing it is a nightmare so i'm glad you have done it for me tee hee xx Thanking you in advance x

Take three sheets of lasagne, part cook them until they are soft, put in rocotta cheese and spinach with nutmeg in, Roll them up and cover with tinned tomatoes and bake for 20 minutes. If you have PP left over cover with reduced fat mature cheddar

Mushroom omelettes (2 eggs, frylight) - 4pp

BNS chips with everything!

Quorn fajitas (using discovery kit, add a dollop of fat-free greek yoghurt) - 7pp each

veggie chilli (use quorn mince and some lentils) - 4pp a portion

Stir-frys are good - add quorn steak strips for a bit of protein, soy sauce/ginger/garlic is a good flavour combination or buy a sachet of sauce/

Brightonrosie said:
Have you managed to work out how many PP there are for the mixed bag of BNS and sweet potato? The thought of taking out all the sweet potato and weighing it is a nightmare so i'm glad you have done it for me tee hee xx Thanking you in advance x

I haven't but the soup makes 3 bowls worth so I've pointed it at 1pp per serving. There's not a huge amount of sweet pot in the bag

BNS chips with everything!

Silly question but for me I need the help...
How do you make these????
Wasn't blessed with cooking skills !!!!!

Cut bns into chips or wedges (fairly thick, like oven chips rather than fries as they shrink a bit in cooking.

Preheat oven at 180.

Spray with frylight and season, place on baking tray. Turn occasionally.

Takes about 30 mins.

As for seasoning I use schwarz cajun spice mix/shaker to make them nice and spicy, but salt and pepper is fine too. I prefer using spice as trying to cut salt out of diet.

Thank you to those of you that have given me some veggie food tips!
'Tonic'-those recipes are great-going to buy the ingredients tomorrow. Its my 1st weigh in day tomorrow.....hope I've lost-beem good all week!
Just wanted to ask if someone can tell me how many pp are in BNS as those chips sound nice x

Butternut squash is Zero pointed xxxx

I just wanted to say that I made the Weight Watchers mexican soup today and it was delicious! Thanks again 'Tonic' for giving me the recipe! Definitely recommend it. Could I have more than one bowl if I fancied it? Or would I have to point it after eating a certain amount? x

emem2323 said:
I just wanted to say that I made the Weight Watchers mexican soup today and it was delicious! Thanks again 'Tonic' for giving me the recipe! Definitely recommend it. Could I have more than one bowl if I fancied it? Or would I have to point it after eating a certain amount? x

I don't point it if I have more than a bowl as it's only 1 stock cube.

Im a very fussy eater and dont eat meat even tho i wouldnt class my self as a vegi because i eat chicken sometimes lol, but on an average day i have a banana for breakfast, a bread roll with quorn slices and salad forlunch and usually something with quorn mince like spag bol or chilli as my dinner, i love quorn! and its really low pp aswell xx

Thanks for the ideas, 'skinnie minnie'. I m going to make spag bol (quorn mince) tonight. Its been my 1st week and I'm off to get weighed now.....x

Back