vegtables

pos bird

Hi all. I have been doing attack now for 4 days and feel great. Will be starting cruise soon and just wanted to clarify a few things. I have the book and there is a list of veg. Can I eat broccoli and cauliflower as its not mentioned and I do love me veg soups. Is it normal not to have been to the toilet. Thanks.

Pos. yes it is normal to blocked up for a while. But if your feeling uncomfortable take some senna, I did, you might have to take it for two days in row like myself or wait till your on PV days and eat plenty of rhubarb.

hope you've managed............when on cruise take advantage of Rhubarb, or bumbard as its now called its a great natural laxative xxx good luck

Had to resort to tablets to help but wont be long before I hit the veg and salad leaves. Hope this helps as tablets were not great result. Have to say have not been 100% on attack. Went to pub and had char grilled chicken and order salad instead of chips. Chicken was quite small so ate the salad as was hungry. I like the diet but dont like not being able to go to toilet.

its something we've all had probs with. I occasionally have a senna, but one good way is the sugar free sweets, too many of them act like a laxative. I find I can have 4-5 safely, but the one time I overdosed on them LOL, I had bad wind for two days. Rhubarb is great, and of course sprouts are good at helping.

Carrots and beetroot are eaten in small quantities and only once a day, peas and corn not allowed at all, but pretty much the rest of veg is fine.

Rhubarb usually does the job for me, and also I make muffins with 1/3 wheat bran as that seems to help. It's tolerated item so need to watch that. Leafy veg like cabbage and spinach are also pretty good on cruise for moving things along. When things didn't move for a while and I got uncomfortable, I also used some fibogel, which is a sort of gel stuff which you mix with water. One sachet a day for 3 or 4 days til things got normal again. Got it from chemists. Not exactly tasty but worked and not too drastic either. Some stuff like senna can be really, well, whoosh!

Hi there!
Hope you're doing well with the diet :)
I've found that if you do have any bathroom issues, the best thing to do is increase your oatbran intake by 1TBsp for the day and see if that helps. Also, add some wheat bran to your diet (in the breads and muffins etc) and drink a bit more water. All of these things helped me loads in the first few days and in the PV days, increase your veg intake. I like to eat broccoli and cauliflower as a crispy base for a pizza. This tends to help with any issues I may have.

Back