Verity's LL Diary

verity1987

Day 1.
Horrible! I went out last night before (and after) my first LL session. Had a 'last supper' with friends and told them I was about to start and may have had a glass of wine too many.
Then the meeting... everyone seems nice. I didn't see any CBT going on though.

selected my food packs, did the weigh in and photo, I brought my own camera along as I want to keep a photo diary too.

Well I then went on a bit of a bender and drank a lot, I have been eating and drinking quite a lot over the last week any way, thinking ' you wont be eating this for a while, best have some' But this was madness! got home at 6am and ate some toast, as I hadn't slept I figured I still hadn't started.

Needless to say having a horrendous hangover does not bode well for starting LL but I've stuck to it and I have found it tough.

Had porridge for breakfast which wasn't too bad, hot and substantial which is always good.

Then had a choc shake but I mixed it with too much water so wasn't too appetising. Went into work at 6pm and had a chilli con carne, how disgusting! I'd been feeling nauseous all day any way (hangover?) but I struggled to keep this down. the texture is gross, I have since read somewhere that the measurements may be wrong and it needs more water. Ugh and I've got another 2 to get through this week.
Then had veg soup, not too bad but a little powdery.

I'm feeling a little shaky and my tummy is rumbling but if i cant make it through day 1 then I'm rubbish.
Just waiting for ketosis... which is fun? I've had a look at some of the other posts and some people say it's fine and others say its a nightmare... I've taken the next 2 days off work so at least I can stay in bed and feel sorry for myself.

I'm going to take my rumbling tum and sore head for a bath then bed and I just hope I feel better tomorrow... sans hangover!

x

Welcome Verity!!

The first couple of days are the worst but you will get through it if you set your mind to it.

Good luck on your journey.

Thank you,
Just woke up after a bad nights sleep... nightmares and all sorts.
I feel like I've been hit by a truck... but I don't feel hungry though!

I'm going to make some porridge and do some washing!

x

Hey, hope today goes better for you. It gets a lot easier when you're in ketosis. If you ever feel peckish, drink some water, it calms down the hunger pangs until you're in ketosis :D

Good luck lovely x

Hey Verity, I had a blow out like you before starting LL too, figured I was going to be on it for the long haul! I also had nightmares, but come to think of it they have stopped over the past week, yay!

I tend to stick to the shakes with the occasional bar, which you can have in week 2 usually, I only tried Vegetable soup and yes, I agree very powdery and I needed salt and pepper to even get it down!

I sailed through Ketosis and I am never hungry purely becuase i evenly space my packs out every four hours and drink a litre of water in between.

CBT is brilliant, it gives you the tools to keep you on the straight and narrow. I am a bit of a fan of things like CBT, so cant speak highly enough of it! This forum is a great place for motivate and inspiration the lovely peeps on here will keep you on the straight and narrow when the crooked thoughts kick in and try to distract you from what your goal in this is!

Good luck x

Welcome Verity!!

The first couple of days are the worst but you will get through it if you set your mind to it.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks, Just had a vanilla shake which was nice a frothy, with some ice. very sweet though, I put some of it in my porridge this morning which was nice.

bring on the rest of day 2!

Hey, hope today goes better for you. It gets a lot easier when you're in ketosis. If you ever feel peckish, drink some water, it calms down the hunger pangs until you're in ketosis :D

Good luck lovely x

Been drinking (and weeing ) a lot! Just feel a bit sick most of the time. But I'm feeling positive! no work today or tomorrow so I can lounge around!

Thanks very much and good luck to you too!

x

Hey verity! welcome!!i totally agree with u on the veg soup.....URGH! wont be long till ur in ketosis!

Hey Verity, I had a blow out like you before starting LL too, figured I was going to be on it for the long haul! I also had nightmares, but come to think of it they have stopped over the past week, yay!

I tend to stick to the shakes with the occasional bar, which you can have in week 2 usually, I only tried Vegetable soup and yes, I agree very powdery and I needed salt and pepper to even get it down!

I sailed through Ketosis and I am never hungry purely becuase i evenly space my packs out every four hours and drink a litre of water in between.

CBT is brilliant, it gives you the tools to keep you on the straight and narrow. I am a bit of a fan of things like CBT, so cant speak highly enough of it! This forum is a great place for motivate and inspiration the lovely peeps on here will keep you on the straight and narrow when the crooked thoughts kick in and try to distract you from what your goal in this is!

Good luck x

Thanks for your reply,
I was the first new start at that session and everyone was nice.
but the LLC didn't really explain anything to me, I had to ask the others. We were then given a 'challenge' booklet and we started writing in it and the LLC just said we could take it home and that was it. there was a little chat about how everyone's week had been and then everyone went home.
I was asked to stay and watch a welcome DVD and she came in half way through and said I dont really need to watch all of it as it's pretty much rubbish... It seemed like she just wanted to go home.
I was looking forward to seeing how CBT worked, but no one else seemed bothered... just wanted to get their food packs, get weighed and go home.

It just seems that I'm paying a lot for just the food packs, and the CBT was one of the main reasons I chose lighterlife.

Hopefully next week will be better. If not I shall just demand some therapy :)

But on the plus side it's really nice to come on here and read everyones experiences and stories, good and bad.

Thanks again and good luck

x

Hey verity! welcome!!i totally agree with u on the veg soup.....URGH! wont be long till ur in ketosis!

I have so many pack to get through! but the chilli is the worst!
I might save them until I'm not feeling so sick all the time.

I hope it wont be too long

x

I have so many pack to get through! but the chilli is the worst!
I might save them until I'm not feeling so sick all the time.

I hope it wont be too long
x
Dont worry verity, when u have ur first mid week weigh in, take the packs that u dont like back and ur LLC with swap them for you...... my 4 daily ones are, choc shake strawberry shake porridge and a bar...... the shakes are lovely

Day 2.
Hungry.
I feel like I've got flu or something, but I'm sure this is normal.
I've spaced out my food packs but I'm still hungry straight after! again I know this wont last long.
Bring on ketosis!
Have been smoking a lot too trying to stave off the hunger.
finding it hard and feeling emotional so I'm going to have a bath and a facepack and go to bed.

x

Hi Verity and welcome on the forum.
Day 2 is def the hardest. By this time tomorrow Saturday the latest you will start feeling so much better and getting the famous energy boost!
Embrace it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Verity and welcome on the forum.
Day 2 is def the hardest. By this time tomorrow Saturday the latest you will start feeling so much better and getting the famous energy boost!
Embrace it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for that.
I hope i feel better tomorrow, I'm going shopping!
I've been telling friends who are being far from supportive... all in all a crap day.
tomorrow will be better

x

Thanks for that.
I hope i feel better tomorrow, I'm going shopping!
I've been telling friends who are being far from supportive... all in all a crap day.
tomorrow will be better

x

Hi verity, im sorry to say that unfortunately quite a few people get neg feedback...they just dont understand the LL diet....... i have only selected my close family and partner to tell that im on LL.... WHEN people do start noticing my WL i will say i have just cut out booze and bread xxx

Thats rubbish, friends are supposed to support you and if they dont agree should keep their opinions to themselves. I am lucky my friends think I am doing so well and cant believe I have not lapsed like on other diets. I think this in itself has shown them that I am determined to do this and make some positive changes to my mind, body and life!

Shopping is sure to put a smile on your face and just think a few weeks down the line you will looking at a smaller size. :)

Stick with it chick xx

I have only told my closest friends and family, the people I would do most of my cooking and eating with.
I'm feeling great today so hopefully when they see the positive they will think a little differently.
I don't think people are comfortable with change either, but I dont want to be fun, fat Verity anymore!
It's only day 3 but I'm proud of myself for not quitting... when you take a step back it's really quit easy.
I've noticed times when I would eat something... even if I'm not hungry!
I do have some very supportive friends too, one of them left me an inspirational note this morning saying 'you can do it! You're amazing!!!' So that was nice! brought a tear to the eye!
Does anyone else find themselves overly emotional? I'm welling up at the drop of a hat!

we'll see what the rest of today brings

x

Thats rubbish, friends are supposed to support you and if they dont agree should keep their opinions to themselves. I am lucky my friends think I am doing so well and cant believe I have not lapsed like on other diets. I think this in itself has shown them that I am determined to do this and make some positive changes to my mind, body and life!

Shopping is sure to put a smile on your face and just think a few weeks down the line you will looking at a smaller size. :)

Stick with it chick xx

i'm sure they'll come round! I want to go out and buy a size 16... I dont think I've managed to get into a 16 for nearly 10 years!

I think they'll see differently when they notice my weight loss.

have a nice day
x

I agree they will start once they see that fun, fat Verity (your words not mine lol) will be fun, slim Verity you are no different inside its just the shell that will change and yes you are spot on with the comment about people not liking change.

I went and bought a skirt I wanted to get into, it gave me the belief i would lose the weight and 3 weeks on I am wearing it! so time for me to buy something smaller again now!

Its difficult for me to comment on the emotional aspect of LL as I am quite and emotional person anyway, but I have heard others say they were emotional in the first few weeks.

Are you going to a drop in session as it is your first week? I started on the Wednesday and dropped in on Saturday to change packs and get weighed I lost 6lbs up till that point, what a motivator! x

Day 3.
I woke up and I wasn't hungry! had force down my porridge!
Then went shopping... got ketostix for £3 in superdrug and breath spray. Did a ketostick and I'm in ketosis which is good, in the 1.5 colour, the third one along. Not too sure what this mean...
Also brought a pair of size 12 jeans, very ambitious I know but they are really nice and I'm going to hang them up to remind me!
Had a lot of energy and helped a friend move house. He even ate cheese on toast in front of me and I was fine! (he did ask if it was ok first) Just had a good sniff of it!

Then walked home from town, went to a friends and they were going out to get chinese take away and I went with them to order it and again I was fine, Just liked the smell. I looked at the fat bums and tums of the people in there and though ' Thank god I'm doing something about this!'

So all in all a good day. I'm going for a bit of a jog now then I 'm going to try and make some crisps from my veg soup pack. There is variety... who would have thought!

Feeling good!

xx

Back