Very confused

plymgirl75

:cry:Well I'm on day 12 of TS and have been 100% apart fron a very little slip up on day 9 where I had a small slice of cheese and a small plain roll. On weigh in after week 1 I had lost a great 8lb to which I was very pleased with as never have loast that much in a week before. When day 9 arrived I was silly as I weighed myself which to my disapointment told me I had gained 1lb. After having a 100% week and a loss of 8lb I was unhappy which is where my little slip up happened (felt very guilty tho), so I came here to fess up to make myself fell better. It was suggested to me to change my weigh in to the morning so it was a true reading so I took this on board. First thing on day 10 I weighed myself just in my underware and was happy it said I had lost 7lb wow I thought to myself maybe the morning weigh in was better! But after a day in work thinking I realised it was a mistake I had pressed the wrong button on the wii fit (only scales in my house) it thought my clothes weighed 6lb lol but never mind that still ment 1lb off. So on day 11 I thought I best weigh in the morning again to get a true reading once again and it was a bit better saying a 2lb loss. Still not convinced silly me got on the wii fit once again this morning (day 12) How disapointed was I it has told me I have gained 9lb!!!! I'm feeling really dishartened by this and I'm not sure what to do know. I still have stuck to exante 100% like I have all the way through apart from day 9's slip up. So I have been out and brought a set of scales today have just got on them and it says from my start weight I have only lost 2lb in the 12 days, I know scales all vary so have to stick to just one set so I'm going to get a reading in the morning. But what do I do know? Do I totally skip this weeks weigh in? What weight do I use as my start weight? Or is exante just not working for me? Im so confused and a little fed up :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Exante is working fine. Its absolutely impossible to gain 9lbs in that space of time.

This is exactly why daily wis are such a bad idea. Weigh yourself once a week on the same scales on the same bit of floor at the same time of day x

Thats what I thought so invested in a set today and Im only going to do it once a week but im not sure what to use as my start weight now or wether to weigh myself in the morning and take it from there and start again. Any suggestions?

I ALWAYS weigh myself in the mornings. After using the loo but before eating/drinking anything and with nothing on!!!!!

I usually weigh on the mornings but I did it the other night and according to my scales I had put on 4lbs, but I had drunk a shed load of water and loads of sparkling water which bloats you out, I weighed myself this morning (which I shouldn't done as official wi tomorrow) and have lost an additional 4 lbs so plse don't brat yourself up but perhaps change your wi time xxx

I am changing my weigh in to the morning now, but this is where all my confusion has come, because the wii fit was giving me such odd changes from -2 to +9 I have now brought some scales.

BUT these say im heavier

Looking at my start weight on the wii fit I lost 8lb
but these new scales show me at a different weight (which is going to happen) which is only 2lbs off my start weight on the wii fit.

SO do I use tomorrow morning as my start weight? and start again even tho I will be on day 13?

Think thats all I can do, it has just dishartened me :-(

Its so disheartening. But....take tomorrows weight as your new start weight and carry on. The scales only show a number but if your sticking to the diet the true result will be in how u feel when u have to start bying smaller clothes! Dotn let it get to you xx

OK - you lost 8lb in the first week. That sounds about right - so add 8lb to the weight the scales say tomorrow, and that was your real start weight. You still lost 8lb!

Keep going - now that you have some reliable scales and can get into a routine of weighing once a week first thing in the morning, after the loo and before anything to eat/drink, and wearing the same (or no) clothes, it'll be easier to stay positive as if you stick to the diet you WILL lose each week (even if it's only a small amount due to TOTM etc). You can do it!

OK - you lost 8lb in the first week. That sounds about right - so add 8lb to the weight the scales say tomorrow, and that was your real start weight. You still lost 8lb!

Keep going - now that you have some reliable scales and can get into a routine of weighing once a week first thing in the morning, after the loo and before anything to eat/drink, and wearing the same (or no) clothes, it'll be easier to stay positive as if you stick to the diet you WILL lose each week (even if it's only a small amount due to TOTM etc). You can do it!

Plymgirl, have to echo exactly what EvilWeevil says, good advice there and get right back on the wagon, you can do it!

I woulnt trust the wii fit scales anyway, but i can only say what everyone else has said. The last time i done this diet i done a little exeriment, i needed to go to the loo so i weighed before and after and there was a 4lb difference just in that space of time. Morning is best time to weigh as the water levels are all in check.

Become a creature of habit when it comes to weighing yourself. Try to always do it in the morning after a wee and before you consume anything, naked! Same bit of floor and everything.
Always the same scales! That's the most important point, because scales can very greatly!
most of all don't worry about the previous weight! xxx

.................or do away with the b****Y scales. The rollercoaster of emotions that you are feeling now are exactly what I used to put myself through because I was a scalesaholic too and trust me it can and does frequently stop people achieving thier full potential and is a major factor in some giving up. If you cannot stay away from them...........and I understand that some people need to see the scales moving downwards.........then as everyone else has been saying, weigh once a week at the same time in the same place and on the same set of scales and you should be fine. Good luck xx

Hi, just a thought, where have you got your scales? what i mean is, what sort of floor surface are they on?

the rasoon i ask is, i bought myself a good quality digital scales andi have it in my bathroom on a tiled floor, this is where i weigh myself, however if i put the scales onto my bedroom carpet i weigh more! this is because the scales need to be on a proper flat surface.

I try and wegh myself at the same time but I DO weigh myself everyday. I know most people dont but I just have to. It keeps me motivated.

Good luck, you will soon be back on track.

i dont think he meant peeing starlight lol

theres an old story which says a man with two watches never knows the actual time - i am sort of saying it light heartedly but I think if you weigh at differnet times and on different scales you wont really know your weight. At the end of the day its your loss that counts so if you weigh on one set and measure your loss the following week then thats great.

Exante works for everyone, how can it not ...its thos scales so dont beat yourself up. I think its easy to get carried away and weigh all of the time, I used to do that but now I prefer not to because the ups and downs ALWAYS throw me off my game. I would sooner have a big surprise every week or two that go on a daily emotional roller coaster. Whatever suits though, so long as you are happy with your WI days you will be just fine.

good luck & keep up the exante.

Thanks everyone for your advice, I weighed myself this morning on my NEW scales to get a new start weight and I'm going to treat it like week one even tho I'm going to be going into week 3 on Tuesday I've still stuck to it 100% as your right I should be loosing just cant see it on the scale because of the mix up.

One question I do have tho is could splitting my packs make any difference? eg splitting my vanilla milkshake into 3 to have with my coffee.

Back