Very Disheartened

Jillywags

Hi - am feeling really low. Just about to finish my second week and after weighing myself (doing SW at home) I find that after 2 weeks I've only lost 1lb. I know people have slow starts I've read enough about it on here but it makes all the hard work and effort seem wasted.

I've come to the conclusion I MUST be doing something wrong. I must admit I am still struggling to get my head round it and wonder if Im having stuff that I shouldn't??

For instance sample menu.

B - Cereal and skimmed milk, banana
L- Lettuce, grated carrott, boiled, egg onion, beetroot, with chicken/ham etc and 2 ryvita (syns) salad cream (syns) yogurt
D - Roasted Salmon with roasted med veg and new potatoes. Fruit

Most of my breakfasts and lunches are the same as we have no microwave at work and I work 200 yards from a Morrisons supermarket so I get a fresh salad from the salad bar.

Other dinners include the mushy pea curry and rice, chilli and rice, quorn steaks with SW chips and salad.

Breakfast this morning for a change was quorn sausage chopped up into an omlette and 2 slices of wholemeal bread.

Thoughts please - if I have another week with no loss I'm in danger of packing in!!

Thanks

Jill x

Are you weighing you HEa and HEb? What do you use your syns on? Are you drinking enough? Could you be due on? Are you actually eating enough!
Just a few things to consider that could be having a negative impact. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon :)

Make sure you drink plenty of water.
Make sure you eat until you are satisfied.
Make sure you get the right amount of HEa and b, did you have 375ml of skimmed milk and 35g/42g or whatever the right weight is for the cereal you are having?
You have only had (by what I can work out), approx 4 syns on that menu you have listed, you should have between 5 and 15, usually aiming for the higher end.
Vary what you eat, change your breakfasts, insert a new recipe here and there, mix your meals up, your body will not like the same thing over and over it will get bored.

The first thing I thought was not enough syns. At the start it really is important to try and be at the higher end.

Slow starts happen though, just look at my signature. I STS in my second week and I was gutted at the time, but we have to remember our bodies are adapting to the change, and this can take a while to show. The best thing to do is to look at your weight loss over a 4 week period. i.e If I were to look at my first 2 weeks I would be disheartened because I only lost 1.5lbs but if I look over a 4 week period I have lost 6lbs which is 1.5lbs a week, as Slimming World aims to give us a 1-2 lb loss a week I'm bang on in the middle.

Trust the plan it does work, some people are slow losers though at lets face it if you continued to lose 1lb a week in a year you would be 3 stone 10lbs lighter, no mean feat!

Keep it up! xx

why not post a daily food diary so people can comment and give you tips and advice.

good luck xx

Make sure you get the superfree in-a banana with ur breakfast won't make up 1/3 and there's no superfree in quorn,omelette & bread xx

Back