very impatient

Short/Sweet

I know its stupid, but im wishing the next few years to fly by, In a perfect world I would lose the weight in a day be married and pregnant by next week.

Ive had enough of being the fat one, atm im practically too scared to go outside to the beach as i know everyone there will have beach toned bodies in skimpy bikinis. I currently reside in Newquay, Cornwall. It is the start of the summer season, students, stag dos, hen night and families flock here for the brilliant sunshine and its epic beaches. I know the beaches will be full, I know there will be nowhere to hide. Today has been my first day off in a while, yet im just staying indoors..

I wish I had the confidence to just stroll out in nice summer clothes and lie on the beach getting a tan, not have to worry about what others are thinking about me.

Also I've been broody for about a year now, I love the idea of being surrounded by my own little family, but I dont want to be a fat mum, I want to be healthy for my child, be able to run around with him/her, take them swimming etc but at this size I would not be able to.
It disheartens me to think that I will not be able to even try for a little one for at the very least another 2 years. OH wants to get married before having children and I refuse to get married until im at a better happier weight.

Why can't time go faster!? :sigh:

Don't ever wish your life away hun. I do sympathise with how you are feeling but time goes so quickly as it is, it's sad to wish it away.
You have 2 stone to lose, a girl in my group has done that in 18 weeks, she is nearly at her target - that could be you!

Enjoy life for what it is, celebrate each day you stick to plan and enjoy seeing the weight fall off.

We're not on this earth for long, not long enough for some, don't wish your time away.

Hi, didn't want to read and run, but equally can't speed time up for you.
How much weight do you have to lose? I think it's important not to look at the ultimate goal (that's not to say you should ignore it!), but look at what you can achieve every week, month...it's easy to get daunted by looking at your end goal alone.
You say you want to be healthy for your children, which is amazing. If that is the case, you might find thinking about that every day is a good reminder for what you are aiming for in the long run- perhaps it will help spur you on, so you get to target quicker.
Of course, SW isn't a quick fix. You could go on Cambridge, VLC, Exante...and lose fast. But it isn't sustainable, and it isn't practical if you want to have a family that can eat together, enjoy nice meals. SW is a lifelong solution, but whilst it isn't super-fast, it is probably the best thing to fit into family life, which seems to be a big part of your 'dream' life.

Nobody can speed things up except you, follow the plan 100%, take advice from the forum and your group (if you go?), eat lots of Speed foods, do lots of exercise. As soon as you see results, you should be even more motivated!
Stick with it, good luck, and remember we are always here to help :D XXX

Thanks guys, I guess im just having a bad day atm.
Its reassuring to know that someone has lost 2 stone in 18weeks, gives me a bit more hope that it is possible.

I do go to group, my club 10 is 9st 13lb, my first target is 9st but to be in the bmi ok range for my height i should be between 7 and 8st.

My main goal when starting this was to get into a size 10, im not sure what this equals out to in weight, but i need to lose 2 dress sizes.

Unfortunately, I'm pessimistic, which leads me to think things such as,
I cant really eat alot of speed foods as I dont like many of them. my fruit is limited to apples, grapes with the odd cherry or orange. And my veg is peas, sweetcorn and carrot..

I will be sticking to the SW way as I already know it having done it once before.

Awwwe I really feel for you :(

Remember- where there's a will there's a way.

Set yourself small goals & everytime you reach one it'll be such an achievement. Take it week by week, don't wish it all away. Do you best to stay focused & you'll get there, whenever it may be, you will get there x

I cant really eat alot of speed foods as I dont like many of them. my fruit is limited to apples, grapes with the odd cherry or orange. And my veg is peas, sweetcorn and carrot...

Why not give yourself the goal of trying more foods? Varying your fruit & veg could really help & boost your losses.

I finally went out and sat on a bench near the beach to read my book, found a nice little corner to hide away in but still in the sun! Just started to relax and enjoy being out in the sun when work called me in asking to work at 4 :(
The things we do for money..

I cant really eat alot of speed foods as I dont like many of them. my fruit is limited to apples, grapes with the odd cherry or orange. And my veg is peas, sweetcorn and carrot..

That sounds so like me. I only eat apples, bananas and grapes as fruit and peas and potatoes as veg. However, the other day I decided to make the super speed soup even though I don't eat 99% of the ingredients. You know what? I blooming LOVE it!!!! I still wouldn't eat the ingredients separately but I could honestly eat the soup forever.
Morale of the story is sometimes its worth trying stuff out!

My work don't have my mobile number and if I want to have a relaxing afternoon in the garden I never ever answer my phone as I always use to and you could guarentee it was work and I would always say yes.
Now I have cut down on how I spend my money so I don't have to do overtime.:)

I only have a mobile and am fairly new to the work place so want to stay in their good books atm. However, I have friday off and there is no way im working even if they call me in :D I will make sure to go and visit another town here so i cant get to work

That sounds so like me. I only eat apples, bananas and grapes as fruit and peas and potatoes as veg. However, the other day I decided to make the super speed soup even though I don't eat 99% of the ingredients. You know what? I blooming LOVE it!!!! I still wouldn't eat the ingredients separately but I could honestly eat the soup forever.
Morale of the story is sometimes its worth trying stuff out!

Ive got a few different things to try tonight, might make some pasta with with onions mushrooms and passata in. When I have enough time I might try the soup as well :)

Hi short/sweet i really do feel your pain as i too am sooooo impatient. My advice to you is dont let your weight hold you back in life and dont see losing weight as being the solution to all your problems. Get out there on the beach and you will see not everyone is as perfect as you think, they are all in different shapes and sizes, but honestly most people wouldnt even notice what you look like. And no one whose opinion you care about would change by your strutting your stuff in a bikini.

As for getting married when i got married i was about a stone heavier than i am now and i was worried about what id feel about the pictures in years to come. Honestly i had an amazing day it was perfect and i looked and felt a million dollars. Even looking at pics of it now i know im thinner and different but i dont think i look any better now or worse then if that makes sense!!

It has taken me time to get to this place but ive come to see that despite feeling like my weight held me back it hasnt stopped me from bagging the perfect man, a good job, a nice house and wonderful friends and family. So what if i dont look perfect?! Ive felt that the less importance ive given my weight the easier its been to deal with, like the pressure is off. I really hope you can get to that place too xxx

Right then lady,
I am a shortie, like you, and started my diet 26.7.11 weighing 11st 11lbs. A year later I am now 8st 11lbs. It took me 7 months to lose 3 stone, up to Feb. Have maintained since. I lost approx 1lb a week, that is all but I never felt as though I was missing out as I always have my 15 syns a day. I am now back to losing my last 11lbs as I want to be 8st, which is good for my height. It does take time as you are learning how to change your ways. In fact this is the first time in years that I have not been sweating in the warm air, can wear size 8/10 clothes and feel so much better.
I am more than happy to be your shortie buddy so we can do this together!!
The footie season starts next week and I am a Forest season ticket holder. When I reach 8st my hubby will but me the new Forest shirt so I want this asap. I treat myself when I reach my mini target.
The only thing I have found difficult about losing weight is the compliments I receive.No good at it!!
Are you ready for the journey???
Julie xx

what size are you??????

I'm currently just about fitting into a size 14, I want to be a size 10.

Right then lady,
I am a shortie, like you, and started my diet 26.7.11 weighing 11st 11lbs. A year later I am now 8st 11lbs. It took me 7 months to lose 3 stone, up to Feb. Have maintained since. I lost approx 1lb a week, that is all but I never felt as though I was missing out as I always have my 15 syns a day. I am now back to losing my last 11lbs as I want to be 8st, which is good for my height. It does take time as you are learning how to change your ways. In fact this is the first time in years that I have not been sweating in the warm air, can wear size 8/10 clothes and feel so much better.
The footie season starts next week and I am a Forest season ticket holder. When I reach 8st my hubby will but me the new Forest shirt so I want this asap. I treat myself when I reach my mini target.
The only thing I have found difficult about losing weight is the compliments I receive.No good at it!!
Julie xx

I never thought of it as a pound a week.. If I lost just a pound a week it would still take only about 7months.. And if it was more than a pound a week it'd take even less!
My treat for reaching my target is my OH will propose!

I know its stupid, but im wishing the next few years to fly by, In a perfect world I would lose the weight in a day be married and pregnant by next week.

Ive had enough of being the fat one, atm im practically too scared to go outside to the beach as i know everyone there will have beach toned bodies in skimpy bikinis. I currently reside in Newquay, Cornwall. It is the start of the summer season, students, stag dos, hen night and families flock here for the brilliant sunshine and its epic beaches. I know the beaches will be full, I know there will be nowhere to hide. Today has been my first day off in a while, yet im just staying indoors..

I wish I had the confidence to just stroll out in nice summer clothes and lie on the beach getting a tan, not have to worry about what others are thinking about me.

Also I've been broody for about a year now, I love the idea of being surrounded by my own little family, but I dont want to be a fat mum, I want to be healthy for my child, be able to run around with him/her, take them swimming etc but at this size I would not be able to.
It disheartens me to think that I will not be able to even try for a little one for at the very least another 2 years. OH wants to get married before having children and I refuse to get married until im at a better happier weight.

Why can't time go faster!? :sigh:

I'm in the same boat! Just under 2yrs until we're married and about 4yrs till we try for a baby. Time seems to drag, I just want to be a wife and mum already!lol. I agree with your fiance about getting married first, I have always loved that my parents were married first and were rather traditional! We'll get there eventaully!:family2:

How are you feeling today......I have lost 2lb since Wednesday so feeling motivated, however, went to visit a friend who had home made lemon cup-cake for me. Ate it but do I now feel guilty!! Just made a tiger stick home made pizza with toms, cheese and 3 slices of pepperoni. I will now have lots of free foods/fruit later. I know I have gone over my syns but I don't have to have any more do I?
Tomorrow I can be back to 100% so all is not lost.
By the way - google 1lb of fat images......you may be suprised how much it is!!!
I have a picture on my desk top and one in my food diary - just to remind me!!!
Be good
x

I never thought of it as a pound a week.. If I lost just a pound a week it would still take only about 7months.. And if it was more than a pound a week it'd take even less!
My treat for reaching my target is my OH will propose!

Wow, What a great reward, good luck! :)

You are soo lucky living by the beach, so make the most of it. x

Right then lady,
Julie xx
hi julie just want to say wow well done on ur loss :happy036:xx

Hi Short/Sweet, hope you are doing ok today.

When I started on SW I was a squeezing into a size 22 and 5 stone overweight. Lost 2 stone VERY slowly - round about 1 lb a week - but kept it off for 4 years. Size didn't change much although the 22's were a tad large.

I'm back now to lose another 2½ stone and have almost done that since January losing 1 lb a week again and in the process have lost 3 dress sizes and now fit into a size 16 tight fit jeans - just! but they fit.

A 1lb a week is really doable. Never feel hungry - no deprivation at all and it is sustainable. A pound is 2 packs of butter or THIS

1lbfat.jpg

So 2 dress sizes is doable hun and at a lb a week you'll easily be there early next year. Get out there in your swimsuit NOW, get on the beach and ENJOY your life. Do not wish it away.

I'm 56 next Sunday and just wish I could have my time over again. There are still so many things I would love to do that I now just don't have the time or youth either.

((( HUGS )))

Back