Very unsupportive partner :(

My Oh was the same when i first started he said it didnt seem "normal" and that i would be ill, then the first week i wanted to kill him and hated everything and everyone because of the lack of food and all i got was " you need to eat, your in a bad mood all the time" then after i lost some weight and a size lower i seemed to be more confident, happy and even wore clinging clothes that i didnt do since we first got together and he even admitted that it is the best thing i have done for me! now he supports me all the way even though it gets hard for me sometimes at the weekends and social gatherings. But do it for you..... good luck with it x

Just do it for you, you have to be strongminded and take the criticism , unless you can keep it from people, some do!! but like the others have said once you start to notice and feel slimmer, it will get easier, and it happens mighty quick too! Your OH will soon eat his words...

Good luck!

I am always suspicious of a partner's motives when I hear about them belittling and undermining the efforts of the person they're supposed to love to lose weight and feel better about themselves. What are they afraid of? You really MUST do this for yourself. Sod him and his ill informed opinions. Just make sure you keep it off afterwards or you'll have to live with the 'I told you so' comments for ever by the sounds of it. All the best.

How is everyone doing ...? X
I'm doing better.

On day 13 (still feels strange saying that) and ive got more energy than he has had in the years ive been with him. My sister is due to go into labour anytime now, so I will have my niece and son to take care of for a few days very soon whilst shes in hospital. So i'm positive because i'm going to be able to take them out with the dog [my son has selective hearing and its terrible to control him somedays but niece is brill at it! Shes only 5 :D ] and she also keeps an eye on him and entertains him, especially if weather is good so they can play out! So im overall better, but hes still an ass :)

Do what is good for you, ignore the OH. They are probably worried about what they will eat now you wont be cooking. Am i right? Go for it, you'll feel fab.

Hiya
Right, well I'm brand spanking new so I don't want to come into your thread all 'oh what a k***head' about your OH, but flippin'eck!
There is nothing on the planet worse than having no support when you're trying so desperately to lose weight.

Honestly love, just do it, and do it for YOU - no one else, he'll soon be eating his words when you start looking AWESOME and he's the one panicking when you're off out with the girls ;)

Good luck!

Mim :) x

Dear moonshimmer

Go easy on your other half. Maybe change scares him. The loss of control. The introduction of a new dynamic. Clearly he was happy with the way things were. You overweight and all. Better than if he was herding you into the chemist with orders to lose weight! Don't make a big thing of the diet. Introduce changes into your habits in a way that reduces the drama. Cut him some slack. When he sees the new you is still beside him he'll come round.

Belle

Back