Very very happy but dehydrated

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by magickmel, 19 October 2006 Social URL.

1. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    I had my week 5 LL weigh in last night and had lost 4 pounds making it just .6 of a pound short of a 2 stone loss in 5 weeks. :D Very happy with the LL diet and the rate at which the weight is coming off.

For the second week running though my LLC told me that I was very dehydrated. I can't understand this and neither can she as I drink 4 litres as a minimum, usually 5. I don't have tea or coffee which may cause a diuretic effect. I make my shakes and soups up with lots of water in huge mugs or glasses. She suggests I try for 5 and a half litres a day which doesn't fill me with joy as I try to stop drinking at least an hour before bedtime so I am not up for the loo all night. I can't see when I would get the extra in other than drinking right up until when I sleep :eek:

Has anyone else had this problem or might know why I can drink so much but be this dehydrated ? Thanks, Melissa x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. i'lldoit

i'lldoit Banned

hI well done you hun fantastic losses xxxx :D
    yes i have drunk 5 litres and my stix once said i was dyhydrated?i think somedays maybe we need more water than others?im starting week 4 of LL today but my water intakes bad so far must go glug
    xxc

4. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Me, I was drinking 5 litres and being told I was dehydrated. I upped the amount slightly and it seemed to help but have dropped it again now. Just drink consistently throughout the day, I think that helps more than actually upping the quantity.

Well done on a terrific loss as well!!!!

5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Ok thanks. Reassuring to know it happens to others. I will try to stick to around 5 litres as that is just about manageable and see what happens next week.

I suppose I wonder if my weight loss might be more if I wasn't dehydrated ? Never thought to ask my LLC that !

Not that I am unhappy with my losses of course but the faster the better ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.