Vic Vodkas dieting rollercoaster - back to it!!!!

I know what you mean linz. you still will be swollen and as you said after ajs swimming the other day still can be tender, in fact that could have made you swell more. RELAX AND REST!!!!

Jo thats really interesting, your mind is still in obese ref clothes and stuff. we all need to go on gok wan he seems to change peoples opinions of themselves.

Absolutely... I read in a magazine that after a big weight loss, to go to a DIFFERENT hairdresser and give them free rein. Not just to give yourself a makeover but also because your current one knows what you like and always go for, whereas a total stranger hairdresser will simply look at your face shape as it is now and go from there. I always think of myself as having a round face, but I'm told I don't have (any longer).

So long as my hair and makeup were done, I was ready to go...

Linz, I hope you don't mind my asking this, but have you been overweight all your life (as I have)? I just wondered because, if so, it's going to be SO STRANGE for you to no longer be... I still (despite my current rise in weight) sometimes double take in a shop window at the person scurrying past. Me? And I've been known to "forget" I no longer need XXL clothes when I saw a new shop opening for larger sizes.

Another thing I missed out on, being voluptuous in my teens, plump in my early 20s, obese then morbidly so in my 30s, was knowing which styles and colours flattered me. My main concern was being "covered" rather than fashionable. I obtained my first pair of jeans in my late thirties, from a friend... second hand. I'd never dared wear them before.

Anyway, lots and lots for you to discover... very exciting indeed!

I've always been a 'big' girl Jo, think at school & in my teens I wasn't really but I was larger than the other skinny twigs & always got bullied for it. I used to swim for my county & didn't have an ounce of fat on me but still got teased.

Since then I have very much yo-yo'ed, a size 18 is what I kind of remember during my 'dating' years!!

I was big when I met my hubby & for my wedding I went down to a size 14 (on a stupid vlcd) & like you did not recognise who that girl was, then it started creeping up & then I fell pregnant & thought I'll eat what I like then just waltz back into my vlcd, much easy said than done!!

Luckily I kept the majority of my clothes on my journey down to a 14 but its increasingly more difficult to imagine myself being that size... I've lost half of my excess weight I still see this huge fat heffer in the mirror, I guess living with a fat body for 20+ years, my head is going to take much longer to catch up, if it ever does!

We're also so bloomin' critical us girls so I don't expect to ever be happy!! :D

I know what you mean linz. you still will be swollen and as you said after ajs swimming the other day still can be tender, in fact that could have made you swell more. RELAX AND REST!!!!

Jo thats really interesting, your mind is still in obese ref clothes and stuff. we all need to go on gok wan he seems to change peoples opinions of themselves.

I'd love to be Gok'd privately... couldn't do it on tv!

Really interesting girls.
I think we should do gok.....Jo, Linz, Cheryl, Me??? Jim lol i will if you will. ill email him when we are all at goal and see what he says ;)

Excellent idea Vicky!

Thank you for your frankness Linz. As always, a lot rings bells with me... I reached my target (70K) nearly 7 years ago now yet still... amazing! And these extra 3.7 (today!) kilos bug me far more than they ought! I can remember going on the beach at 100K in a BIKINI and feeling FABULOUS cos I'd just lost 40K!!

It's all in the head!

Gok will love us...

Im up for a bit of Gok! Defo, lets all do it together.
Linz hair sounds fab hun.
How are we all today. Sorry ive not been about much but my son has chicken pox AGAIN! He came out in 2 spots yesterday and then today has loads more and even on his tongue now. They are coming up really fast and isnt very well in himself. Big sigh!
On the happier side ive lost 6lb this week. Good or what!!! lol lets hope i can keep it up

Its brill Cheryl. Poor oliver, I think it was just after you started atkins last time that he got it wasnt it??? maybe a coincidence or maybe he is allergic to your ketones ;)

I didn't think kids COULD get it more than once?

can they really get it twice? can we???

Im just very worried im going ot fall now while he has it
oh yeah! omg what you going to do if you are?

I had it. hope you immune chez x

if you have had it before you are supposed to be immune??? obviosuly not. ring your drs

Back