Vic's JUDDD diary

Do you do strictly alternate days week in week out?

hubby is muchos upset with me, he doesnt want me carrying on with lpotrim (as if its no hard enough and than he wants me to come off - like I need an excuse!! lol) we went food shopping for the week n he was upset with me doing it, so I was filling our trolley full of goodies so that if he convinved me to come of it I could scoff them all :( how bad is that

well he was very upset and i can totally see his point, hes seen me loose it than put it on so he says the weight loss will neverbe sustainable and he wants me to eat, he says try to lose more if you want (bless him he does not have an issue if I STS, put more on etc, I know he loves me!), but do it with healthy eating and exercse, I even said to him if the tables were turned Id probably be telling him the same thing.

I mean I came on and off lipotrim 5 or 6 times in the space of 6 week putting on 2 stone from my lightest. No wonder he is against it, but I was telling him its not to do with LT or VLCD, it was MY fault, I binged and ate loads, he obviously said no I didnt and i hadnt gone over bpoard with wht I was eating (but you see I was eating and binging in secret!! away from anyones eyes, stuffing my face) and I couldnt admit to him that this is what I was doing.

He says go on to JUDDDif I want, alternate fastng days and Ive been doing alot of research on th diet but dont think I'll lose the last bit of weight with it, I know LT is a gauranteed fool proo method where I WILL lose weght. i am worried with JUDDD I won't.

He has agreed reluctanlty (not that I need his permission! but it meands he wont be in a constant grump) to carry on till next Friday, do my refeed and than start JUDDD.

Well I dont know if I will last till then! (I bleeding well hope I do) but Im just going to cross that bridge when I come to it. im all in a pickle now, just had my coconut lipotrim flpjack. Must get through today, Since my restart Ive not done a full week, so if I get through tomorrow It will be a full week of no cheating, I'm hoping I can stay strong as I know once the first week has passed it will be easier.

part of me says just start refeed tonight and then do JUDDD, I don't knw.

and also in terms of targte weight I have never evr been in the 8's my whole adult life, I maintaing a while at 9stone ( a couple of years - than got married and the weight piled on). I dont know if I will ever be able to maintaing at 8.7stone (I loved being able to look in the mirron at that weight and be able to tell myslef I was slim!!- even though I had lots of blobby bits!!), i dont know if I can maintaing that as I never gave myself the chance, As soon as I got to targt I ate and binged, streted lipotrim, stopped, binged etc and the cylce contnued.

boohoo, feel all in a pickle now!! if anyones interested, and I would love your thoughts Vic having come from Cambride, but below are my stats that ive just updated my signature with, I feel gutted as after my initail falling of the bandwagon, and I was 8st 10, I should have just tried to maintain there but I actually wanted to get to 8st 4lb so I had a neat 4 stone loss. Feels stupid now and feel so gutted at having completley let myslef go,

Aftr week 21 round one tThe next few weeks were on and off lipotrim making me go up to 10st 7.5lbs, I restarted last week Tuesday, so first weigh in a couple of days. I did weigh this morning and Im 9st.11.5lb

Last edited:
Do you do strictly alternate days week in week out?

Hi Belle

When I started JUDDDing I was doing double downs here and there but my pattern was constantly changing as it was the run-up to Christmas and then the festive period. After Xmas, I was really struggling with double down days so, since the start of February, I have been doing alternates. I have, on the odd occasion, had the throw in a couple of intermediates here and there for social events but have tried to stay alternate.

I find it quite easy to do, to be honest. I am not too far off target now (whatever target weight might be). Once I get there, I am just going to have Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday as downs and then see how that works for maintaining. x

hubby is muchos upset with me, he doesnt want me carrying on with lpotrim (as if its no hard enough and than he wants me to come off - like I need an excuse!! lol) we went food shopping for the week n he was upset with me doing it, so I was filling our trolley full of goodies so that if he convinved me to come of it I could scoff them all :( how bad is that

well he was very upset and i can totally see his point, hes seen me loose it than put it on so he says the weight loss will neverbe sustainable and he wants me to eat, he says try to lose more if you want (bless him he does not have an issue if I STS, put more on etc, I know he loves me!), but do it with healthy eating and exercse, I even said to him if the tables were turned Id probably be telling him the same thing.

I mean I came on and off lipotrim 5 or 6 times in the space of 6 week putting on 2 stone from my lightest. No wonder he is against it, but I was telling him its not to do with LT or VLCD, it was MY fault, I binged and ate loads, he obviously said no I didnt and i hadnt gone over bpoard with wht I was eating (but you see I was eating and binging in secret!! away from anyones eyes, stuffing my face) and I couldnt admit to him that this is what I was doing.

He says go on to JUDDDif I want, alternate fastng days and Ive been doing alot of research on th diet but dont think I'll lose the last bit of weight with it, I know LT is a gauranteed fool proo method where I WILL lose weght. i am worried with JUDDD I won't.

He has agreed reluctanlty (not that I need his permission! but it meands he wont be in a constant grump) to carry on till next Friday, do my refeed and than start JUDDD.

Well I dont know if I will last till then! (I bleeding well hope I do) but Im just going to cross that bridge when I come to it. im all in a pickle now, just had my coconut lipotrim flpjack. Must get through today, Since my restart Ive not done a full week, so if I get through tomorrow It will be a full week of no cheating, I'm hoping I can stay strong as I know once the first week has passed it will be easier.

part of me says just start refeed tonight and then do JUDDD, I don't knw.

and also in terms of targte weight I have never evr been in the 8's my whole adult life, I maintaing a while at 9stone ( a couple of years - than got married and the weight piled on). I dont know if I will ever be able to maintaing at 8.7stone (I loved being able to look in the mirron at that weight and be able to tell myslef I was slim!!- even though I had lots of blobby bits!!), i dont know if I can maintaing that as I never gave myself the chance, As soon as I got to targt I ate and binged, streted lipotrim, stopped, binged etc and the cylce contnued.

boohoo, feel all in a pickle now!! if anyones interested, and I would love your thoughts Vic having come from Cambride, but below are my stats that ive just updated my signature with, I feel gutted as after my initail falling of the bandwagon, and I was 8st 10, I should have just tried to maintain there but I actually wanted to get to 8st 4lb so I had a neat 4 stone loss. Feels stupid now and feel so gutted at having completley let myslef go,

Aftr week 21 round one tThe next few weeks were on and off lipotrim making me go up to 10st 7.5lbs, I restarted last week Tuesday, so first weigh in a couple of days. I did weigh this morning and Im 9st.11.5lb

I think my husband would empathise with yours. For the first 8 weeks on Cambridge I was great. For the last 4 weeks on Cambridge I was a complete misery and a monster to live with. He was delighted when I switched to JUDDD. He always tells me that he loves me the way I am whether a size 16/18 or a 10/12 but I wasn't happy when I was bigger and that was what mattered.

I know this might seem like a cop out on my part but only you can decide what's right for you. VLCDs can seem very tempting and they can be a great option for quick losses (although I never lost as quickly as others) but you need to be honest with yourself. Can you stick to it? When I started Cambridge, my head was absolutely in the right place. Whereas, I tried to use up my old sachets by doing a 4 day burst after Xmas and I didn't even make it to lunchtime on day one.

The problem for me with VLCDs is that I know I can't sustain them which always puts me in danger of falling off the wagon and piling on the pounds. JUDDD is much more sustainable, it doesn't leave me feeling deprived, it fits in with my lifestyle (rather than taking over my life) and, after three months, I have never once considered stopping this 'diet' because I don't feel like I'm on a diet. So refreshing after VLCD! x

Thankyou for your honest post. Day 6 and hubby popped out for a bit And guess what... I stuffed myself. Feel sick with myself and the feelings if anxiety and self loathing that i went through in january are coming back. I think my sanity and mental health are more important than being skinny.

I've decided to at least try JUDDD as right now i don't know what the other option is. Vic did you do a cambridge refeef or move straight onto judd?

I went from Sole Source to two weeks of SS+ and one week at Step 3. I lost during all three of those weeks and then went into JUDDD with a vengeance. Meals out, the lot.

I actually didn't mind Step 3 of Cambridge. Could have probably managed a few weeks on that, had it not been for Xmas approaching. From my experience, I could have probably have skipped SS+ and just done a week, or even just 3/4 days, of Step 3 before JUDDDing but I was so scared of eating after Cambridge that I took things slowly. x

I have felt ravenous today. Final total is 581 calories. The way I'd been feeling, I thought I might have to do a 750 calorie day so I'm pretty chuffed to have only gone over by 81 cals.

I distracted myself this evening by making my packed lunch for tomorrow's up day. Yoghurt for breakfast; pancake with butter and jam for elevenses; onion bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch. Yummy!

Aqua aerobics tomorrow after work too. Right, one more cuppa with skimmed milk whilst watching Corrie then bed. x

Food for tomorrow sounds delicious. Think I may have to have another smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel or sandwich this week - maybe Friday, as tomorrow's lunch is already packed.

I went from Sole Source to two weeks of SS+ and one week at Step 3. I lost during all three of those weeks and then went into JUDDD with a vengeance. Meals out, the lot.

I actually didn't mind Step 3 of Cambridge. Could have probably managed a few weeks on that, had it not been for Xmas approaching. From my experience, I could have probably have skipped SS+ and just done a week, or even just 3/4 days, of Step 3 before JUDDDing but I was so scared of eating after Cambridge that I took things slowly. x

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) dont know much about cambridge so will have a quick read about it so it makes sense. Ive deffo come of lipotrim for the time being. Just cant take it anymore mentally, might just do healthy eating this week n start gym to ease myself in then juddd from next week. Im so fed up of lipotrim i cant even bring myself to do refeed!

Enjoy corrie! Im addicted to ir!

I have felt ravenous today. Final total is 581 calories. The way I'd been feeling, I thought I might have to do a 750 calorie day so I'm pretty chuffed to have only gone over by 81 cals.

I distracted myself this evening by making my packed lunch for tomorrow's up day. Yoghurt for breakfast; pancake with butter and jam for elevenses; onion bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch. Yummy!

Aqua aerobics tomorrow after work too. Right, one more cuppa with skimmed milk whilst watching Corrie then bed. x

Well done on not succumbing to temptation, only 81 over isnt bad at all.
I'd love to do aqua aerobics, but dont have the confidence yet & I really wouldnt want to frighten anyone especially myself with all my loose wobbly bits bobbing all over the place. lol

Goose - are you sure you're overweight now? I just looked at your stats and from your height you seem about right to me. I'm no expert but your BMI is brilliant. :)

Two down days together today and tomorrow but, as I am doing a double, I have upped my calories to 600 on both days. Have meals out on Friday and Saturday and then I'm giving blood on Sunday so I'm doing 1250 calories that day as I don't want to pass out. I'm all over the place with my up/down pattern this week after a few weeks of fairly consistent alternates. x

Two down days together today and tomorrow but, as I am doing a double, I have upped my calories to 600 on both days. Have meals out on Friday and Saturday and then I'm giving blood on Sunday so I'm doing 1250 calories that day as I don't want to pass out. I'm all over the place with my up/down pattern this week after a few weeks of fairly consistent alternates. x

Haha it confuses me too. Good idea to up ur calories the day you're giving blood. My mum passed out after giving it once and now they won't let her give it anymore, which is silly if u ask me because she still wants to x

My mom passed out once too. She's takes a mars bar with her now :) x

Exciting new addition to the family. I went and secured this little hog tonight. I'll be able to bring him home on 24th March :)

image-1462556597.jpg

That's the cutest thing ever!

Thanks everyone. Yes, Fizzy, he's a pet. They are not the same as wild hedgehogs. He's an African pygmy hedgehog so it's more like having a hamster. They use wheels and everything! x

Back