Vic's JUDDD diary

A lb a week is fab! I've probably averaged either that or 1.5lbs, and am really happy with that. The way I see it is the longer it takes to come off then the more chance of it staying off :)

A lb a week is fab! I've probably averaged either that or 1.5lbs, and am really happy with that. The way I see it is the longer it takes to come off then the more chance of it staying off :)

Exactly! And ANY weight coming off in the run up to Xmas is a miracle!

Starting a double down day today. Ate soooo much last night that I am actually looking forward to it. I had a dozen drinks (all spirits/mixers), a huge curry, naan bread and rice. And boy was it good? Even more exciting was the fact that a MAN who I work with kept commenting on my weight loss and saying how good I looked. I'm used to women noticing but if a man notices then it must be dramatic :)

Now time to get my down days done so that I can have a trio of ups from Xmas Eve thru Boxing Day :) x

Yes definitely must be noticeable when mam notices! :). And that's so true about any loss being a great loss in the run up to Xmas x

Today's down day total was 455 calories and I have hardly been hungry at all. One more down day tomorrow then three festive ups...woohoo! x

Sounds like you're doing great :) I'm on a DD after two big ups....and it's really not bothering me either. I just see it as a way to balance out my natural greed! Have a great Christmas and enjoy your triple UD...that's my plan too :)
x

Thanks. You're doing great too. It's a big thing getting your head around eating what you want on up days after a VLCD but you are absolutely right, I also see it as balancing out my gluttony :) I see this double down as me preparing for the inevitable naughtiness that lies ahead. Guilt-free gluttony over Christmas for me for the first time ever. x

I'm joining u on a DD tomorrow (well today, I guess I should go to sleep now lol), and can't say I'm looking forward to it. But 1 to go until xmas :D x

I'm joining u on a DD tomorrow (well today, I guess I should go to sleep now lol), and can't say I'm looking forward to it. But 1 to go until xmas :D x

I am upping today. Yesterday was the second day of my double downer. So far I have had some Christmas fudge and a scone with clotted cream and jam. A healthy start for me then ;) x

I have had 3 up and away days between Xmas Eve and Boxing Day and they have been amazing. No guilt. No fear that I would be seeing in 2013 as a weeble. No regret. In fact, I was not really eating until 1pm or later because I was always so full from the day before.

Today I am weighing 4lb more than on Xmas Eve morning but I now have a double down day to undo the damage. Time for the treadmill and Week 4, Day 2 of c25k.

Hope you have all had a fabulous guilt-free Xmas. x

Thanks, hope you have had a lovely Christmas too.

Loved my treadmill session today. Was going to repeat week 4 as I thought week 5 might kill me after three weeks off the plan. I did week 4, day 1 on Xmas Eve. However, today I started my warm up walk and thought 'sod it!'. I have now challenged myself to complete the impossible-looking week 5 THIS WEEK so that I can jog for 20 mins non-stop before New Year's Day.

Week 5 Day 1...done :D x

Thanks. I'll see how I get on. Jogging for 20 mins would be a HUGE achievement for me so I will be a very happy bunny if I manage it on New Years Eve :)

Well, we'll see. I might be the same yet. Might be misplaced optimism ;)

So today's total was 532 calories. Not going to beat myself up over the extra 32 calories seeing as I did my c25k and a dog walk today. I think I can afford them...he he! My down was tougher going than usual after eating anything and everything for three days though. Another down tomorrow so here's hoping the Xmas increase will be gone (or at least reduced) by the time I weigh-in on Saturday morning. x

Second down day done with a total of 427 calories...until I just polished off two choccies from the box of Milk Tray sitting on the coffee table. Still a pretty good down day though and tomorrow the manchego and quince jelly await :) x

BedtimeBear said:
Second down day done with a total of 427 calories...until I just polished off two choccies from the box of Milk Tray sitting on the coffee table. Still a pretty good down day though and tomorrow the manchego and quince jelly await :) x

Well done!! You're fab at sticking to DDDs, I find them too hard :(

Thank you. My cold took a backwards step today so being bunged up and woozy helped on the food front. Didn't fancy much. Back to c25k and an up day tomorrow though. If I ever struggle with a DDD, I just think back to Cambridge and it never seems so bad ;) x

Back