Viking Supergirl's Last Two Stone Diary! Edit: 7lb down!

Well done! :D

All the friendly responses to this thread mean A LOT! THANKS! I've always tried to lose weight alone and not even told people most of the time (embarrassment/shame at admitting I need to reduce my size, I think). Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate it and I feel a lot less shamed and weird about CCing.

And I will HAVE to look into cooking with tofu. I've heard of some awesome deserts you can make with silken tofu. I quite like the stuff if it's cooked well as I don't like meat all that much, and it's a fun different kind of food to try.

Today was a great day. It wasn't raining, even better, it was SUNNY! O! M! G! So I leapt out of the office and marched off like a woman possessed for a swift power walk. And after work, I always have half an hour to kill before my train. So I did another power walk, and found some steps to go up and down for a few minutes. Felt like Rocky! RAAWWW!

I also did a 'normal' thing that I wouldn't have done six months ago - I stopped eating some of that 'skinny' popcorn that I wasn't really enjoying (even though it was okay) and tossed the rest of the bag. Previously I would have mindlessly munched through the lot, so I feel quite pleased.

And last but by no means least, someone left a massive, posh Deluxe Celebration Chocorama Diet-killer Gateaux in the kitchen at work. With about 12 varieties of chocolatey decorations and thingies on it. Although I sort of twitched a bit, and nearly nabbed a little slice, I didn't really feel like it. Eating food like that is more of a habit, not a real 'yum! I'm hungry!' thing. I don't even really like most cake, TBH...

So good in terms of good habits :D

Breakfast was porridge made with water, yogurt and grapes.
Snack - sandwich with soft cheese and grapes and rocket (need more leafy green stuff)
Lunch - mushroom risotto soup
Snack - massive Itsu salad with sticky rice and avocado, which I nibbled all afternoon and halfish of a bag of popcorn.
Dinner - fish and chips!

Comes in at 1363 cals, exercise 357, making a slightly low 1003 net. I think I'll have some toast...

Wow. Well done for avoiding all that temptation, and on the Rocky style exercise!! Great work :)

Well done on avoiding the cake!

I'll have your slice... pass it over!!! x

Only just discovered your diary! You're doing awesome - I see I'm not the only one who makes my porridge with water! I do sometimes make it with milk, but that's usually to boost my daily calories. I do, however, much prefer it just with water.

Good luck, I'll be popping in on your diary from now on now :)

I see I'm not the only one who makes my porridge with water! I do sometimes make it with milk, but that's usually to boost my daily calories. I do, however, much prefer it just with water.

Awesome! I started making it that way because when I lived alone, I couldn't be bothered to keep that much milk around for porridge as it would usually go off before I finished it. Then I realised I liked it better with water. I make it occasionally with milk for a really rich breakfast.

Today was okay, it rained again, but I'm just going to ignore it!

Pre-breakfast: woke up at 5:40 feeling really hungry, ate half a slice of bread.
Breakfast: two egg omelet with reduced fat cheddar (I am a cheese addict, which is why I very carefully weigh it and make sure I don't go OTT)
Snack - small sandwich
lunch - WOW I found a yummy Covent Garden soup - Bloody Mary with 1.7% vodka! It's really warming and spicy, and only 138 calories a carton :bunnydance: It's only available for one month and it's really expensive, though. I might have to fill the fridge with the cartons or invent my own recipe!
Snack - a Pret salad
Dinner - pitta bread 'pizza' (I really fancied pizza and decided to do a recipe from Cook Yourself Thin.)

Overall - 1567 in, 326 exercise, 1241 net :D

I've made a big roast veg and lentil salad to take into work tomorrow. I just hope it stays dry so I can go for a walk!

Last edited:
Awesome! I started making it that way because when I lived alone, I couldn't be bothered to keep that much milk around for porridge as it would usually go off before I finished it. Then I realised I liked it better with water. I make it occasionally with milk for a really rich breakfast.

Pre-breakfast: woke up at 5:40 feeling really hungry, ate half a slice of bread.
Breakfast: two egg omelet with reduced fat cheddar (I am a cheese addict, which is why I very carefully weigh it and make sure I don't go OTT)
Snack - small sandwich
lunch - WOW I found a yummy Covent Garden soup - Bloody Mary with 1.7% vodka! It's really warming and spicy, and only 138 calories a carton :bunnydance: It's only available for one month and it's really expensive, though. I might have to fill the fridge with the cartons or invent my own recipe!
Snack - a Pret salad
Dinner - pitta bread 'pizza' (I really fancied pizza and decided to do a recipe from Cook Yourself Thin.)

I've made a big roast veg and lentil salad to take into work tomorrow. I just hope it stays dry so I can go for a walk!

I too, am a cheese monster. I haven't been brave enough to try the reduced fat version though. From one cheese lover to another, what is it like??
I am always surprised how far 50g of cheese goes!!

Soup sounds amazing, where did you find it? Vodka for lunch sounds like a brilliant idea ;)

Your food today sounds great. My fingers are crossed that you get some decent weather tomorrow.

You, my dear, are totally rocking this! Your cooking is inspiring me to think about doing more cooking myself if I can get Hubby to stand aside, your lentil salad sounds good for tomorrow, enjoy!

Viking82 said:

Snack - small sandwich
Snack - a Pret salad

Sent from my Milestone using MiniMins

You, my dear, are totally rocking this! Your cooking is inspiring me to think about doing more cooking myself if I can get Hubby to stand aside, your lentil salad sounds good for tomorrow, enjoy!

Thanks! The Weight Watchers cookbooks are pretty good for low-fat versions of things, and the Cook Yourself Thin book is turning out to be great.

One of the reasons I gain weight is that I got too fed up and tired to cook, but I still didn't want to eat ready meals, so I ended up eating odd not-quite-a-dinner snacks and nibbles that didn't really satisfy me, and then I ate more junk to fill up.

The lentil salad is roast vegetables and green lentils. I like making it with tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes and red onions, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a couple of teaspoons of olive oil, roasted for 15 mins. Then you mix with the cooked lentils, add more balsamic vinegar and voilá! It can be a full meal if you add accompaniments (goats cheese, bread, feta cheese, chicken).

It's my perfect meal because you can grab 3 - 4 vegetables and don't have to stick to a set list, and you can choose any kind of extra protein or carbs to go with it. So really, it can be whatever you like...

Hey Squeezy! I always have about 3 -4 kinds of cheese in the fridge at minimum. (Currently, cheddar, parmesan, soft cheese and feta cheese :D )

I too, am a cheese monster. I haven't been brave enough to try the reduced fat version though. From one cheese lover to another, what is it like??

I have been eating the M&S Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar. It's about 30% less fat and tastes quite passable. Similarly, Low Low, Cathedral City, etc low fat are nice. It's not identical and they do melt a bit less oozily, but worth a try.

The 50% less fat versions (half-fat) are like ... erm ... plastic. Half-fat cheese is on the same taste level as the SuperValu 30p cotton-wool spongey white bread from the bottom shelf. They are a substance that is almost, but not entirely, unlike cheese.

Funny kind of day! Managed to set off the fire alarm at home cooking chicken. :rolleyes: Why does chicken burn before it's cooked all the way through? I'm a bit incompetent at cooking meat sometimes!

I sometimes get a bit naffed off with CCing and thinking about food all the time. But if I WASN'T slimming down, I'd still be thinking about food all the time, just miserably obsessing about being overweight and eating too much instead. CCing is better!

Breakfast:
Porridge, yogurt, grapes
Snack -small sandwich
Lunch - Bloody Mary Soup :D
Snack - most of a serving of lentil salad
Dinner - Pitta breads stuffed with (semi-cremated) chicken, feta cheese, tomatoes and olives.

Food: 1394, exercise 186, net 1208. Good stuff!

Tomorrow night it's leaving drinks for someone from an old job, so I'm hoping to stick to G&Ts and not too many of 'em! Oh who am I kidding, it'll be another massacre... gotta have one every so often.

What follows is one of the greatest songs - nay, things - ever:

GIN by the TIGER LILIES
[YOUTUBE]XFZcO_YhxFY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Im gonna try the M&S cheese then and maybe the cathedral city. Have you tried that LO or whatever its called. Green wrapper with a mouse???

Your food sounds fab today, even if you did cremate the chicken. I see you had the boozy soup again :D, where did you get it from?

I say go for it tomorrow night. Like you said, it can't hurt once in a while. Stick to slimline tonic and you'll be fine.
Absolutley love the video. My Mum loves Gin and can drink copious amounts of it. I on the other hand just have to smell it and I feel sick.

Your food sounds fab today, even if you did cremate the chicken. I see you had the boozy soup again :D, where did you get it from?

It's Covent Garden brand soup, I usually buy it in Sainsbury's or Morrisons, but Tesco and the other supermarkets have them. It's with the fresh soups in the chiller cabinets. I nearly had a jump-up-and-down "yay" moment when I spotted it.

I told my husband I was going to try recreating it, he is worried this will lead to a vodka surplus :whistle:

I've not tried the LO one with a mouse, but it sounds interesting!

It's Covent Garden brand soup, I usually buy it in Sainsbury's or Morrisons, but Tesco and the other supermarkets have them. It's with the fresh soups in the chiller cabinets. I nearly had a jump-up-and-down "yay" moment when I spotted it.

I told my husband I was going to try recreating it, he is worried this will lead to a vodka surplus :whistle:

I've not tried the LO one with a mouse, but it sounds interesting!

When you mentioned the soup yesterday I went and looked for it in Tesco, but it wasn't there :mad: I might try sainsburys tomorrow. I love covent garden soups, but one with vodka sounds amazing!!!

that LO cheese is just a reduced fat one, but thats all they do, so its supposed to taste like normal cheese. I might try it and let you know waht its like :D

Tomorrow night it's leaving drinks for someone from an old job, so I'm hoping to stick to G&Ts and not too many of 'em! Oh who am I kidding, it'll be another massacre... gotta have one every so often.

[YOUTUBE]XFZcO_YhxFY[/YOUTUBE]

Hahaha! I'm going out tomorrow night too. WE CAN DO THIS! :D

Thanks for the Lentil salad recipe I'm also wondering that it may sound good with cous cous too although obviously the lentils are better for protein. Hope you have a great night tonight!

I'm on the way home and Instead of rolling in with a chocolate bar in one hand and something fried and indescribable in the other, I left before clubbing commenced, stuck to 3 shots and only ate half my post-pub snack! And I really enjoyed myself! I felt so confident and chatty.

Who is this person?! :D

Anyway, assuming late- night munchies don't strike: 1320 in, 186 exercise, 1141 net ... I think.

Back