Viking Supergirl's Last Two Stone Diary! Edit: 7lb down!

Squeezyweezy said:
sore muscles and weigh ins are not brilliant together!!

I have heard that sore muscles retain water to help them heal? Dunno if that true but could account for some of that gain? Water is the magic diet pill I swear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When you start using muscle that haven't been used in a while, the muscles 'tear' themselves, but don't worry it's not as bad as it sounds. It's just your muscle 'growing' if you like. Sadly this process involves the muscle storing water as they repair themselves - hence you should find a gain on the scales.

Take it as a good sign - at least the shed is paying off :D

Lol your current weight is lower than my goal!!! That always make me chuckle!!! Dunno why really???

But Tina you're 5'10!!! If you got down to some other people's target weights you'd look like a shoelace!

I love being small length wise (you can get in and out of small places and you tend to get away with murder because you look small and vulnerable lol) but sometimes I'd LOVE to be your height.

You look like a drag queen in 6 inch heels at my height tho!!

It's funny how much of a difference a few inches make tho!! I put 4"10 into a BMI calculator by mistake once and it was screaming that I was horrendously morbidly obese haha!! I had a right fright till I figured it out!!!

Lol your current weight is lower than my goal!!! That always make me chuckle!!! Dunno why really???

I have a body type known as 'short arse' :D I am a smidgen jealous of people who can eat more cals because of their height, and regrettably, any extra pounds are more apparent - they haven't got as much body to spread themselves out over!

Sod the weigh in, you are rocking the shred and that is way more impressive!!! x

How insane is the 30 day shed? Jillian's a little too Americanised. I don't say this in a disparaging way against the Americans, my own dad is from America, it's just that there's a small difference in our cultures and I think Jillian's techniques are more aimed at how of friends across the pond get motivated. It's like if you read minimins, where most of us are British, and someone posts in their diary that they had a bad day, we're very soft like "You can do it! Come on!" whereas myfitnesspal, where it's mostly American posters, the response is a lot harder. Such as "WHY did you fail, don't you want this or something?" Sometimes though, people need a little sterner push though, but I think there's a point too far and sometimes I think sometimes Jillian crosses this. Like I said, not way against the Americans AT ALL. I'm half American blood, it's just a general observation of the slightly different cultures.

How insane is the 30 day shed? Jillian's a little too Americanised. I don't say this in a disparaging way against the Americans, my own dad is from America, it's just that there's a small difference in our cultures and I think Jillian's techniques are more aimed at how of friends across the pond get motivated. It's like if you read minimins, where most of us are British, and someone posts in their diary that they had a bad day, we're very soft like "You can do it! Come on!" whereas myfitnesspal, where it's mostly American posters, the response is a lot harder. Such as "WHY did you fail, don't you want this or something?" Sometimes though, people need a little sterner push though, but I think there's a point too far and sometimes I think sometimes Jillian crosses this. Like I said, not way against the Americans AT ALL. I'm half American blood, it's just a general observation of the slightly different cultures.

I absolutley agree. I wasn't sure what the 30 day shred was, so I did some research last week and watched some videos on youtube, and I was instantly put off!! I need the softly, softly approach, thats just my personality, but I can see wht it works for hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.
Jillian is very "hard" and likes to push, push, push. In one of the vids I watched she asked the two girls behind her if they were ready, and when they said yes, she smirked and said, "we'll see!!". Didn't like that!!

But, I am a general woosey pants!! :D

I absolutley agree. I wasn't sure what the 30 day shred was, so I did some research last week and watched some videos on youtube, and I was instantly put off!! I need the softly, softly approach, thats just my personality, but I can see wht it works for hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.
Jillian is very "hard" and likes to push, push, push. In one of the vids I watched she asked the two girls behind her if they were ready, and when they said yes, she smirked and said, "we'll see!!". Didn't like that!!

But, I am a general woosey pants!! :D

You've got it spot on :) We're just slightly different cultures and I think it's clear in Jillian's videos. She's just too harsh, all or nothing attitude and she treats it like "I am super, see if you can become like me" whereas someone like Rosemary Conley is all "Hello dear, don't worry at all. You're among friends are we're going to do this together"
Sorry big Jillian... you just don't do it for me!

happyhealthy said:
You've got it spot on :) We're just slightly different cultures and I think it's clear in Jillian's videos. She's just too harsh, all or nothing attitude and she treats it like "I am super, see if you can become like me" whereas someone like Rosemary Conley is all "Hello dear, don't worry at all. You're among friends are we're going to do this together"
Sorry big Jillian... you just don't do it for me!

I agree lol she is very all or nothing

But... I do like her workouts but I have to say I have never gotten past level 1 of the shred cos I am a big wimp lol x

I'm over the American attitude (if you're on my FB you'll soon get used to the American way as 50% of my friends are American... long story) and I get what some of you are saying about the chick on the Shred - I too YouTubed it to see if it was something I could do and USA Attitude aside it's just not for me but as I said before I am in awe of all of you that do it - way to go Viking!!

Squeeze introduced me to Leslie Sansone walking, she's from the other side of the pond too and annoying laugh aside I find her to be my kind of motivator :)

I find her quite harsh as well, but TBH I need that kind of kick in the bum and I don't mind a bit of inspirational "NO STOPPING! NONE OF THAT! PAIN IS FEAR LEAVING THE BODY!" stuff. If you watch The Biggest Loser, you see that she's incredibly hard on the people she trains, but she's also very compassionate and helpful to the contestants ... when she's not working them into the dirt!

But I can see that it can get realllllly annoying when she yells non-stop.

Different strokes... :D

Yes......I've seen her regularly reducing grown men an women to crying puddles of fat!!! Lol I have authority issues so the only result that approach gets from me is a black eye ;) but she does seem to help some ppl.

I completley get that it works for lots of people Viking. I wish I was like you, but unfortunatley that sort ao thing just reduces me to tears!

Sometimes a stiff talking to does reduce me to bits if it's about something impossible ... it's easy if the person's on a DVD and you can yell back all you like, especially when part of the workout involves throwing punches at the screen!

I did day 5 of the Shred, it gets easier but now I've got better form and am doing the exercises properly they feel harder.

Breakfast: cheese omlette, tea
Snack: small sandwich
Lunch: canellini salad, houmous wrap
Snack: small sandwich
Dinner: Tomato and basil soup

In: 1443, exercise: 378, net 1065

Day 6, more than halfway through level 1. It's still hard work, I ache afterwards but I hope it's doing me good. I think it's making a small difference to my arms, this could be wishful thinking (should that be wishful shrinking?)

Eaten: 1431; exercise 306; 1124 net

Very tired, off to wash hair and bed.

Back