Violets CD Diary x

Thanks emma, judging by the scales today I'm in for a sts which is fine, so close yet so far lol that's how it feels! Sure it'll shift soon enough. Hope youre doing well x

Had a bit of a ropey day today. Stomach was still pretty dire this morn but seems ok now. Just have no energy whatsoever. Haven't had any CD at all :( just plain rice cakes and just now I've had some white fish and green beans. Feel ok, so far so good.

WI tomoz and looks like a sts which i assume has something to do with water levels as I've not eaten much in the last few days. Saying that the 1st half of the week was level 2 so maybe its to do with that?

I've decided to move up to step 3 tomo, and do it properly this time. Running v low on cd stuff so need to get through the steps asap. Still 7lbs to target, hope I make it. Had a mooch about on SW part of minimins earlier, bloody hell they don't stop eating over there!! Wonder how long I should maintain for before attempting to move to sw? what should i do when my cd packs run out? errrrr... panic?

Just noticed I'm 1lb off losing 3 stone, and that'll also mean I've lost exactly a stone since coming back to egypt :) fingers crossed (but not holding breath) for a minimum 1lb loss tomo x

I am sending some postive fat melting vibes your way - drink loads of water if you can hun, stave off dehydration at all costs ;)

Cheers bettie, it worked 2nd lb off :) not a huge loss but it puts me into the 'I'VE lost over 3st gang', and it means I'm lighter than my pre baby weight and my wedding weight and I've also now lost over a stone since coming back to the worlds largest sandpit hoorah :D

Ps feel so much better today, moving onwards and upwards into step 3 so its a boiled egg for breakfast and rice with dinner. Feels all very naughty but I'm not going to dwell, just going to pull my finger out and get back up these steps with the goal to be at target and well into maintenance sans cd by christmas :)

Well done M'lady! 3 stone...hmmm. I wonder. I think I have some way to go yet!

3stone. Well done!

Right, that is a good incentive to stop mucking about and get back to it! I will meet the 3 stone mark too :)

Please look away now if you're in a good mood. I'm really not, I feel really low actually :(

I'm really not enjoying this cd1000 thing, I don't feel ready to do it, I don't want to do it, to be honest I'm gutted. But I basically don't have any choice as I'm fast running out of products and I'm so scared that if I dont work back up these fricking steps im going to put all the weight back on and be a complete failure. I already feel bloated and heavy, and I don't like it at all.

Sorry to be all negative, but I could cry I just feel in a really bad place with this diet for the 1st time in 11 weeks :cry:

oh angel - is it just about running out of products? could someone not mail you some?

i don't know what to suggest (((((((((vi)))))))))

oh angel - is it just about running out of products? could someone not mail you some?

i don't know what to suggest (((((((((vi)))))))))

They just wouldn't get here, and it would cost a tonne in postage to try and I'm sure they'd never arrive. Not quite as reliable as royal mail.

Yeh basically, I'm sure I sound daft, as so many people bang on about missing food but i'm just not ready for full on food yet. Boo, I know I just have to grow a pair, suck it up and do it. But I dont think im going to be able to lose weight on these steps, i was 2lbs up this morn and looking in the mirror i look so bloated, its the carbs i know. And then that makes me worry that ive messed with my metabolism and ill be stuck here forever. I feel like ive done so well so far and itll be all down hill from here, whats wrong with me i feel so negative!!! Ooof :(

I hope a good nights sleep will put my head in the right place. Hardly slept last night, had both the boys in bed (son and husband) snoring and fidgeting away. I 'slept' from 2-5:30 so im probbers just knackred and whiney I can get like that. Ok hot shower time. Soz to be a drone :wave_cry: x

see how you feel in the morning. sweet dreams, vi. xxxx

Once you're adjusted you hopefully should be fine. If you're still struggling in a week, then maybe try reducing your carbs and upping the other stuff to balance it out?

Don't worry about moaning, i have times when i am so sick of it all and just want a magic shrinking wand and i'm sure we all do.x

Oh honey - I feeeeel your pain. By god I do. I dont get more that 4 hours kip straight every night. Thanks to the tearaway toddler, my husband is also a marathon runner in his sleep. I usually find my way to the sofa at about 5am.

The food issue, well thats an oldie for me, the problem I found the first time is I used packs as my safety net, to stop me goreging myself on crunch creams and choux buns. I would still use my packs, eat protein rich food, way after I was BMI 25 or less. In short, I was a naughty girl. I didnt develop a tool box of eating I didnt retrain myself, thats why when I was pregnant, I piled the whole lot back on and more, because I was just eating all the wrong stuff again.

Now, here is the tough part, because the things we love, are usually bad for our metabolic types, so we have to stop eating for pleasure, eating for comfort, eating through tiredness and eating because it's habbit. We have to move to the place that eating is just fuel, and if Egypt is anything like my husbands home country, eating is just so central to social lives of people, and it's insulting if you dont eat that sticky backlava or that kebab or whatever. So this has been my major issue and possibly may be one that you face.

So, I recomend getting some Linda Spangle 100 days of weight loss on the go, honestly it's been my saviour on more than one occasion, I get email updates and I have the book crumpled in my bag, it had 100 days of weight loss insights which are great, but can be referenced back at any time. I especially like the 2 bite rule (as my diary confesses)

Most of all honey, refeeding is an experience where you will feel bloated and often that leads to people jumping back onto the plan. Maybe you can source some local protein powder and mix that into your diet somehow if you cant get the packs, I think you just need to keep the protein coming in.

ttfn xx

*squeeze* Awh hun we all have pooh days. I totally understand where you are coming from, I am nervous about coming up the steps when I get there in a month or so. Don't beat yourself up though about the 2 pounds on the scales. It is natural for a bit of weight to go on when you come up initially.

Now that you have a higher cal in take you should be ripe for doing more exercise and in the end this will mean you put on a bit of weight in muscle too. Remember no matter what size you are your weight will always fluctuate up and down by a few pounds. So don't let those few pounds become your enemies!

Your body is just re-adjusting to the new calorie level and the introduction of carbs. You will probably find after a couple of days those two lbs disappear again. So don't panic. :] You are doing great. You can do this and don't let that food scare you. It is not in control of you anymore. You are in control of it!

xxx

Good advice from all the above, I have knocked myself out of ketosis so struggling massively and don't really think I can comment!!

Lack of sleep cannot help, don't give yourself such a hard time..

Back